Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Who to watch post NDA?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So who are the likely Alpha players to post content when the NDA is lifted?

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ha.
    I will be posting A Carebear's Guide to Ashes Alpha on YouTube.
    I'm not sure that answers the title question, though.
    LMAO
  • Options
    Ah, then I will not need to look further! Awesome Dygz!
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm not that familiar with their content but I assume Jahlon will be posting a lot of content.
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited May 2021
    Dygz wrote: »
    Ha.
    LMAO

Yours truly greatly enjoyed the latest interview you guys had with Steven. I'll definitely enjoy seeing the takes you guys have on the Alpha's problems and successes.

• Options
    ScreamheartScreamheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'll be streaming, but I recommend Kocosaur! She's a Twitch streamer with Tourette's. She's Korean, writes her own musical scores, and smokes a lot to deal with Tourette's symptoms, lol.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Ha.
    LMAO
    I'll be sure to check it out. I like seeing guys on the forums stuff.
    I'll be streaming, but I recommend Kocosaur! She's a Twitch streamer with Tourette's. She's Korean, writes her own musical scores, and smokes a lot to deal with Tourette's symptoms, lol.
    Sounds lit...

Personally, I will watch the Asmongold recaps on YouTube (I don't watch live streams often), and anything by anyone on here I recognize. Jahlon and Wandering Mist comes to mind.

I might make a few videos myself if I feel the need to. I just depends on if I have something that warrants a video instead of a forum post.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    I'll probably watch everything I can get my hands on.
    twitch.tv/mangeronio
  • Options
    I think a week or so post NDA, when the community have a sense for where development is at, there should be a poll challenge again for best estimate of probable release date.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When the NDA lifts I'm sure there will be a ton of people streaming and making videos for Ashes, so there will be plenty of choices out there. It really depends on what you look for in a content creator.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hopefully me once I get this whole set up together :)
    bRVL6TR.png

• Options
    MerekMerek Member
    Just wait for the twitch streamers to be invited en masse, then you'll have an abundance of footage to sift through.
  • Options
    codewarlockcodewarlock Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'll be streaming at twitch.tv/codewarlock this coming weekend, if y'all want to hang out and enjoy the ride! Afterwards I'll be editing up all the juicey bits and posting it on my YT channel for people like me who can somehow watch YT at work but not Twitch :wink:
  • Options
    NDA still in effect May 14-21.
    But, get ya stream on June 1.
  • Options
    codewarlockcodewarlock Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2021

According to the schedule, May 14-21 is listed as non-NDA

alpha_one_test_scehdule-1920x1080__.jpg
  • Options
    Holy Crap! I better work on my intro!!
  • Options
    Holy Crap! I better work on my intro!!

Hehehe, I got mine back JUST in time :p
  • Options

According to the schedule, May 14-21 is listed as non-NDA

alpha_one_test_scehdule-1920x1080__.jpg

Well, wait a minute.... The dates in the NDA over-lap with the Alpha one test dates, which state no NDA.

Yours truly would highly reccomend seeking clarification before posting anything online about it; No sense in getting an account banned from a game that hasn't launched yet....

• Options
    JagaroJagaro Member
    edited May 2021
    Probably Jahlon. He's the most knowledgeable about AoC.
  • Options
    Alluring is a discord moderator who confirmed the 14th is non-NDA.
    We're supposed to be getting an e-mail with details before Friday, so - it should all be clear before the servers go up.
  • Options
    So when NDA is listed, is it free to post content as
    a) any past content (for anyone that has already been in and pre-recorded) or
    b) only from May 14 - May 21 content
    c) other
  • Options
    Pretty sure it's supposed to be just content after May 14th.
  • Options
    That`s what I thought too, but wondered as the impact of that means that there will be streaming to view immediately but any analytical or in-depth content will lag.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Well, there will be a Livestream a week after the May testing, so questions should be very interesting.
    Should be quite a bit of analysis then.
    And then a few days after that, we have the month-long test.
    Shouldn't be too bad of a wait.

(Plus, just let us know what you'd like us to try to demo... you could probably do some of your own analysis.)
  • Options
    Thanks..will do
  • Options
    SaeduSaedu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've been following Simurgh lately myself
  • Options
    I believe too the overlap of NDA to Non-NDA in that schedule is because there is a chance there might be "spot testing" before the next available Non-NDA sessions, which will be handled separately.

As @Dygz has mentioned, the e-mail going out this week will 100% define the parameters of sharing for my fellow testers. If you will not be testing, I once again invite you to watch our channels--many of us may be small but I guarantee the content will be worthwhile!
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Well, there will be a Livestream a week after the May testing, so questions should be very interesting.
    Should be quite a bit of analysis then.
    And then a few days after that, we have the month-long test.
    Shouldn't be too bad of a wait.

(Plus, just let us know what you'd like us to try to demo... you could probably do some of your own analysis.)

I would actually enjoy a stream with a very in-depth look at the metrics gathered, what the issues were and how they're looking to fix them if they don't already do so during the testing period.

It might be a little too technical or boring for many, but it would give a lot of transparency that would also allow other people, who do know more about game programing, architecture and server related issues, to confirm "hey what they're doing is actually pretty dope" or "we have doubts on this point in particular etc."
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With the recent opening for content creators, I would recommend finding some new players and watching them. I personally cannot stand giant streamers and the audience they have.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    With the recent opening for content creators, I would recommend finding some new players and watching them. I personally cannot stand giant streamers and the audience they have.

I think giant streamers have their place. Many prominent MMO players/streamers have plenty of experience and great feedback for new games, plus their audiences help boost visibility tremendously. I think these benefits outweigh the unfortunate negatives like rabid/zealous/toxic fans; internet anonymity allows for toxic viewers on anyone's channel.

With that said, I agree that it is nice and refreshing to view all types of streamers. I am a small streamer myself (for now!) but I make it a point to watch low-visibility channels and interact with the streamer when I can. Nothing makes my day more than having someone new pop into channel and share their passion about the game I'm playing, or to cheer me on!
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @codewarlock I understand your viewpoint and agree to an extent. I feel that the toxic atmosphere that giant streamers create does NOT outweigh the positives. Gaming communities and subscription based games grew to massive numbers before twitch was even a spark of an imagination. Streaming evolved over the years but the people who became most popular were people who had no intention of leading. The atmosphere devolved into spamming chat and gathering toxic people together.

This isn't ONLY because of the streamer. There are a lot of pieces to this puzzle, but it definitely ruins games to have these communities join in the long run (or potentially in the short run with a game like AoC).