Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

We all agreed that we need a Pet Potato.

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoussynatorRoussynator Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I am surprised the immersion squad is not in here upset.

To them this thread would be a real irri-tater...

Don't start me on that lol , I just wish to the great serpent goddess Annuck Kannuck , I won't be stuck into the "RP" server is AOC , left balmung on FFXIV just because it was overpopulated by those players rping dungeons and everything in their life.
  • Options

Don't start me on that lol , I just wish to the great serpent goddess Annuck Kannuck , I won't be stuck into the "RP" server is AOC , left balmung on FFXIV just because it was overpopulated by those players rping dungeons and everything in their life.

oh god, they RPed dungeons outside of friend groups? Now that is uncomfortable.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    RoussynatorRoussynator Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »

or you have to wait longer in dungeon queue because 60% or them are at the beach Rping stuff instead of playing.
  • Options

or you have to wait longer in dungeon queue because 60% or them are at the beach Rping stuff instead of playing.

Glad I never had to deal with that. I play dnd weekly, so I like rp too but that kind of "ill rp with anyone that runs into me" playstyle sounds really awkward and annoying.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2021

I am sure they will hash out their hate-post soon.

This is what I was going to do - complain that a potato pet would break immersion.

Then all of a sudden, you went and called it an irri-tater, and that immersion breaking has gone.

As long as the pet makes the same noise a regular potato makes, just a whole lot louder, and is then called an irri-tater, I am more than accepting of this as being 100% immersion compatible.
  • Options
    Potato combat pet?

This discussion made me miss my pet rock in osrs...
    "You're seeking for perfection, but your disillusions are leading to destruction.
    You're bleeding for salvation, but you can't see that you are the damnation itself." -Norther
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Potato combat pet?

This discussion made me miss my pet rock in osrs...

Pet Rocks are 100% combat pets:

https://loadingartist.com/comic/pet-rock/pet-rock_hubfbe721f5e86f386b72998fa9eb196fd_424622_800x0_resize_q85_h2_lanczos_2.webp

maybe potato pets can have healing skills?

IF YOU EAT HIM
    >:)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Merek wrote: »
    Can we get less 'meme' stuff? A few of the cosmetic packs are already bordering on Skyrim modded fan fiction.

Its magic we can have anything
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DeeDee Member, Alpha One
    edited May 2021
    Can we get less 'meme' stuff? A few of the cosmetic packs are already bordering on Skyrim modded fan fiction.

Who said I'm memeing?
    I am very passionate about potatoes.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    Dee wrote: »

Who said I'm memeing?

Says a person who doesn't even have a potato for an avatar picture.
  • Options
    DeeDee Member, Alpha One
    Khronus wrote: »

Who said I'm memeing?

Says a person who doesn't even have a potato for an avatar picture.

It IS a Potato.
    wFXepbh.png

Don't insult me.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Who said I'm memeing?

And I am about milk!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Pet Potato and Pet Rock DLC.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    PotatoMasherAnniePotatoMasherAnnie Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2021
    I volunteer myself as sacrifice.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited May 2021
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »

"Who would win in a battle to the deaaath."
  • Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    I agree on the potato.
  • Options

"Who would win in a battle to the deaaath."

and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle."
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Harden vs Low Static Charge. XD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options

Ground beat Electric

you could say they are "grounded"
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Ground beat Electric

Sadly the Potato would probably win anyway because of having the living status over a doodad and that neither of them can move by default. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options

Ground beat Electric

Sadly the Potato would probably win anyway because of having the living status over a doodad and that neither of them can move by default. xD

but given time the rock would out last the potato
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Ground beat Electric

but given time the rock would out last the potato

Depends on how you see it. The potato is more likely to root into the ground and grow bigger. Just because it makes it inedible doesn't mean that it's bad for the potato. =3
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As someone who works on a farm, I can confirm that rock beats potato every time :D
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As someone who works on a farm, I can confirm that rock beats potato every time :D

Ah, I know what it is: the rock is steel type.
    So according to the pokemon type charts:

Grass/Electric VS Ground/Steel
    Grass moves = 1x effective, Electric moves = not effective
    Ground moves = 1x effective, Steel moves = 0.5x effective

If the rock knows harden, it'll be super tanky for the stall strategy.
    The potato will probably have absorb or something which will let it get ahead initially, but it'll run out of PP and then die.

What are their passive abilities?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    RhuellRhuell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I say we replace the military node champion idea with a pseudo pokemon battle; Pitting our pet rocks and potatoes against one another to determine the ultimate lump trainer.
  • Options
    Some words of wisdom from Josh Selig's Small Potatoes...
    https://kapwi.ng/c/mbnDjy9x
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »

Ah, I know what it is: the rock is steel type.
    So according to the pokemon type charts:

Grass/Electric VS Ground/Steel
    Grass moves = 1x effective, Electric moves = not effective
    Ground moves = 1x effective, Steel moves = 0.5x effective

If the rock knows harden, it'll be super tanky for the stall strategy.
    The potato will probably have absorb or something which will let it get ahead initially, but it'll run out of PP and then die.

What are their passive abilities?

Potato has sprout. It gives the potato health regan

Rock has rolling stone. It gives it higher dodge
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Potato secret playable race incoming?

Racial Pet - a smaller potato.
    Racial Mounts - a larger potato.
    Racial Armor Costume - wrap of aluminum foil.
  • Options
    JoemarJoemar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If someone told me I would be reading over 20 comments about a potato pet I would not complain.
    dashing_through_the___snowmen__by_sigeel_d9j2533-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NDQ5IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMmUwNWQ0YTItZjg2Yy00MjY4LWE0NTktZjZjMDQ4NjljMzljXC9kOWoyNTMzLWIyOWI5YjNjLTFiMzAtNDQ3Zi1hN2I1LTVlYjczODJhMzIzZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.4XkFtp3Nx8h75DXSxKRChmcIq5SAr9eX9eBWA1Y1gG8
  • Options
    Joemar wrote: »
    If someone told me I would be reading over 20 comments about a potato pet I would not complain.

Welcome to the ashes of creation forum where odd posts are the norm
    nJ0vUSm.gif