Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Race you choose for your main - POLL

Comments

• Options
    I think I will go for Tulnar :)
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Empyrean

SPQR!

Elves magnus sunt!
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Py'Rai until I get to know more about the racial options.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Tulnar until I knowmar.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I had no idea there were so many tulnar players
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Could be because Tulnar are singular, whereas the other races each have 2 options.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »

Could be because Tulnar are singular, whereas the other races each have 2 options.

But its tulnar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I'm ambivalent about Tulnar in truth. I don't even know what a Tulnar looks like yet alone what a Tulnar Metro looks like.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited May 2021

That's just what is popular on the forums right now. I'm sure on release they will sink further into a minority specifically because there is only 1 choice with them.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »

That's just what is popular on the forums right now. I'm sure on release they will sink further into a minority specifically because there is only 1 choice with them.

I was under the impression that tulnar can have different "races" like beast tulnar or lizard tulnar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

I was under the impression that tulnar can have different "races" like beast tulnar or lizard tulnar

Ya, but we weren't told if those were just skins or if they had actual gameplay value.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Hmm, I might make a Lizard Creature called Liz.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

Ya, but we weren't told if those were just skins or if they had actual gameplay value.

Oh I understand what you mean now. Yeah gameplay effects would be interesting
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    SmolSmol Member
    I'll probably pick Tulnar.
  • Options
    NaxxazNaxxaz Member
    Tulnar or Vek
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021

They indeed get sliders to mix and match different types of animals. So you can be more reptilian or more mammalian. Throw in some feathers or a beak etc etc.

I get the appeal of customisation. But it's not but a trial from our Gods. Those who stay true to the pure races shall be rewarded with heaven in Verra.

And once heaven shall be reconquered, we'll ride against the inhuman blight that afflicts our newfound homeland.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    has anyone picked tulnar yet?
  • Options
    Inixia wrote: »
    has anyone picked tulnar yet?

Way more than I thought
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited May 2021
    Way more than I thought

ah my bad, i guess they were Forgotten. :/

edit: actually pretty suprised at the tulnar picks. py'rai too. I thought orcs would be more popular as well.
  • Options
    Inixia wrote: »
    Way more than I thought

ah my bad, i guess they were Forgotten. :/

I would slap you if that did not make me laugh :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

2 choices in a way.. Beastly or Reptile.

I chose Tulnar as well. But I will say I was excited by the Charr in GW2, only to switch to human because I had a hard time liking the character even though it looked amazing. Might happen again, but I am hoping the Tulnar turn out somewhat close to what I see in my head.
  • Options
    Tulnar, I'm looking forward to creating a dragonoid like character! I just need to know if I'm able to recreate my Blue Dragonborn Barbarian, or if I need to draw new Half-Dragon art for my RP profile.
    E8OOol.gif
  • Options
    I am going to have to make more room in my graveyard it seems
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    BiccusBiccus Member
    I’m planning on playing Tank main but I’m not decided between Kaelar, Dünir or Ren’Kai. The racial bonuses will probably sway my decision tbh.
  • Options
    InixiaInixia Member
    edited May 2021
    Biccus wrote: »
    I’m planning on playing Tank main but I’m not decided between Kaelar, Dünir or Ren’Kai. The racial bonuses will probably sway my decision tbh.

I'm bored, let's figure this out Biccus. Kaelar, Dünir or Ren’Kai. I made a quick quiz, please answer the ones you want to answer (you can skip a question too if you don't resonate with it or it seems too obvious):

1. In Game of Thrones Varys tells a riddle “In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them stands a sellsword, a little man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones bids him slay the other two. ‘Do it,’ says the king, ‘for I am your lawful ruler.’ ‘Do it,’ says the priest, ‘for I command you in the name of the gods.’ ‘Do it,’ says the rich man, ‘and all this gold shall be yours.’ Who do you follow? A. Throne (the king), B. Faith (the priest), C. Coin(the rich man)
    2. When you are in the middle of intense battle what is of most comfort? A. skillful control of your blade and the focus of your mind, B. trusting the blade at your side and them yours, C. the heart of the bladeholder and the endurance of your cause
    3. You go for a drink, what are you grabbing? A. ice cold beer, B. smooth clean sake, C. honey sweet mead
    4. How do you define your nation's homeland? A. the home that you can grasp from the world, B. the home that you can protect and save from the world, C. the home that achieves balance between the forces within and around it
    5. Who do you look to for support? A. your family, B. your clan of friends, C. yourself and your past
    6. What mythical weapon is best? A. Excalibur, B. Mjolnir, C. Masamune
    7. You see three constellations in a dream that take the shape of animals, which do you follow? A. Pegasus (the winged horse), B. Ursa (the bear), C. Draco (the dragon)
    8. Which environment do you most want to live? Someplace A. warm and lush, B. temperate with open skies, C. cold and beautiful.
    9. Traditional Crafting Profession? A. Gathering/Cooking, B. Mining/Smithing, C. Hunting/Fishing
    10. What kind of tank do you plan on being thematically? A. Shield/Protect, B. Dodge/Parry, C. Health/Heal
  • Options
    Kaelar or Empyrean. Depends.
    Q7a6dqA.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Why is tulnar first. this is an outrage!

Cause we're the best. Duh.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hoping for either a Sarnak-esk Tulnar or something more Wolfish.
    Depending on the appearances of the True Verrans.
    Or might pick a Orc.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Reptilian tulnar 1000%