Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha Test key

Hello!
I'm just wondering if there is any way to get an alpha key to try the game. I've played MmoRpgs all my life and im just tired and looking for a new one, aoc seems really good.
Just in case its useful info, my testing rig is a R9 5950 , an 4k120fps tv and a 3090.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You could apply to be a content creator.
    You could purchase an Adventurer Pack, but...that is a pretty steep investment just to "try" the game.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Game isn't really in a state for taste testing.
    It's in early bug testing mode - combat is still in experimental stages.

Probs better to wait for persistent test servers (and even then...)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    ZeshioZeshio Member
    I can relate, there's many of us looking for a new mmo to play! Unfortunately if you want to play the game to get an actual feel for it, you've probably got a bit more time to wait. Maybe wait til the end of the year to see what the Alpha 2 looks like, and buy a key if you're interested. But if you're just casually browsing, AoC isn't at that point to show off a full 'game demo' yet.
  • Options
    BIXION wrote: »
    Just in case its useful info, my testing rig is a R9 5950 , an 4k120fps tv and a 3090.

If that's your rig, then just buy an Adventurer Pack. Seems like money is no object for you.
  • Options
    Do you have the time to dedicate to be a tester? That’s pretty much what the alpha keys are for.

I personally have not bought one because I don’t have the time to dedicate. A few years ago it would have been a different story.

To try the game out I would recommend one of the packages that includes the beta keys. That should be closer to a game experience than the alphas.

Of course I suppose if the game takes another 4-5 years to release, the $500 for Alpha and Beta keys plus the other perks is a bargain. If you are in it for the long run, that is.
  • Options
    BIXIONBIXION Member
    I actually have a lot of time. I quitted my job and i won't work for a few months due to... reasons? So id be really interested on being a tester.
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    BIXION wrote: »
    I actually have a lot of time. I quitted my job and i won't work for a few months due to... reasons? So id be really interested on being a tester.

You have two options than: drop $500 USD for guaranteed access or if you are Content Creator which there are thousands that have applied for their program, they will give you a key if you gain membership. However that is tough.

Keep in mind testing occurs about once a week currently. There is no guarantee that tests will run. Sometimes you will got weeks without a test. You don't need a lot of time but rather a lot of flexibility. If you are looking to fill your time you will have a tough time as like I said the testing is very inconsistent. Of course the month long test will likely be an exception.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @BIXION
    You'd basically only be testing 4 days out of the next four weeks.
    So, depends on which month you plan to be working again.
  • Options
    GrihmGrihm Member
    Will the Alphas or betas ever turn to an ongoing testing, or will this always be weekly or specific date set?
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Grihm wrote: »
    Will the Alphas or betas ever turn to an ongoing testing, or will this always be weekly or specific date set?

Persistent test servers are expected in A2
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    ArukoruArukoru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Message is pretty clear from Steven: You don't buy the Adventurer pack to play the game, you buy it to test the game and provide dedicated feedback.

If $500 isn't a big deal for you then why not? I could certainly use the money more productively and probably should but I'm interested to experience Alpha and see the game grow. Selfishly I really want to get an idea of classes before launch.
    khFjCQJ.png