Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

a list of suggestion which i believe this game needs

IcehoundIcehound Member
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
could i provide suggestion

1-make the combat more impactful both melee and spell,meaning let us know the weight of each swing ,of each spell, something close to black desert online

2-let the screen shake in the following situations whenever a strong spell is casted , a player receives a heavy blow ,when you do crit damage

3-in order to have circular player driven economy, let gears have a durability where you need to re craft the same gear again after lets say a month and mounts have a life cycle where they die and vanish from your inventory ,you'll have certain items to prolong the life of mounts by few weeks

4-give players the ability to own a small piece of land where they can build farms to make their food for the guild

5-give mounts their deserved weight and impact in the world, lets say a dragon must feel like a dragon , when it lands a strong impact should happen along with a dust wave ,and get their feet markings on the place they land ,and something similar to the rest of animals depending their movement and impact

6-have more engaging spells for all classes ,and work on animation of these spells

7-allow cross breeding between different mounts

8- allow us to crafts armors for every mount

9-come up with a new race like centaur or Minotaur something like (beastman from age of sigmar) .. every race u have look like human race ..

10- make elves more sexy looking ..with sexy and elegant armor set (lord of the ring ) like the most sexy race in the game both female and male character who are taller than human race and have long hair with a tattoo on their face

what you guys think ?

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    These sound like great ideas that will be implemented.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    For reference: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

🤗
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome to the community.
    Many of these things are already in the works for the game. Crow3 linked the wiki page for you.

Tulnar are the non-humanoid race you are looking for.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Armor breaking after a month?? Lol no
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Shuiyn wrote: »
    Armor breaking after a month?? Lol no

Depending on game time for an individual, it's probably not a leap to say it would be faster than a month. There is a degradation system planned.
  • Options
    1) I can say with certainty, that if combat is anything remotely similar to black desert online, I won't play it. Maybe a toggle for a more interactive experience that you want, while keeping it simple for people like me.

2) The screen shaking sounds like a great option. I wouldn't use it, but I can see the appeal.

3) I both like and dislike gear breaking. On one hand, it does help function as a resource sink. On the other hand, It's annoying to have to constantly replace stuff. I think if they lean towards more PVP, it makes more sense. With PVE, I don't want to keep doing the same thing over and over, for no reason at all.

I do like the idea of breedable mounts, that die after a certain time period. As long as they are easy enough to get/breed/replace. The drop rate needs to be able to support a reasonable breeding schedule.

4) Pretty sure this is already in the game, or in the works. I like it.

5) Cool Aesthetics. Potential game breaking impact on older systems. Would have to be a toggle. (Think of 500 dragons all landing at the same time, in the same area).

6) I haven't played with the spells, so no comment.

7) I think this adds a lot of un-necessary work for the devs, and the animators. Each cross would need it's own unique graphic, and animations - and I think their time would be better spent elsewhere.

It could be cool if you could breed two similar species for a chance at a unique species? ie: Crossing x with Y = hard (which genetics would the offspring get from mom and dad? Crossing brown horse with blue horse = could be cool, and easy enough to re-skin, since the animations are still the same.

8) This would be nice, with added bonuses.

9) Not sure on this one. I'm not familiar enough with the lore.

10) I think there should be many high-quality "set" pieces that give different races/classes unique looks.

• Options
    Something that does bother me is the lack of color scheme on class skills. Green for healing on cleric just don't sit right with me. Cleric should have blue/yellow/white particle effects in my opinion.

I like GW2/ESO color scheme on spells. Feels cohesive.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2021
    Something that does bother me is the lack of color scheme on class skills. Green for healing on cleric just don't sit right with me. Cleric should have blue/yellow/white particle effects in my opinion.

I like GW2/ESO color scheme on spells. Feels cohesive.

This. it is part of the class identity for me.
    and there is different mini things making it better.

I approve this totally !

(and if they could give purple to sumoner... :-°)
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I agree.
    Most of them are already being implemented.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I expect Heals to be green - symbolically green leaves for Life.
    But, you know, for some cultures, black symbolizes death and for other cultures, black symbolizes death.
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    For reference: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

🤗

we dont have Minotaur or centaur race QQ.. every game has the same races humans, elves ,orcs ... why not branch out to more unique races that have a specific roles..

• Options
    Icehound wrote: »

we dont have Minotaur or centaur race QQ.. every game has the same races humans, elves ,orcs ... why not branch out to more unique races that have a specific roles..

Crowfall did minotaure and centaur (but not lamias v_v)

GW2 got salad-people race or the charr. WoW got kind of minotaur. FFXI/FFXIV got lalafell/tarutaru (animal race also, yes ! )

Yes mostly we find the traditionnal "fantasy" races if not a "only human". But at first there is reason around how armor skin are made. Getting armore skin for centaur or lamia (<3) would need lot of more work.

I have no doubt that "exotic" races would be really wellcomed, it is not so easy to add them
  • Options
    Aerlana wrote: »

Crowfall did minotaure and centaur (but not lamias v_v)

GW2 got salad-people race or the charr. WoW got kind of minotaur. FFXI/FFXIV got lalafell/tarutaru (animal race also, yes ! )

Yes mostly we find the traditionnal "fantasy" races if not a "only human". But at first there is reason around how armor skin are made. Getting armore skin for centaur or lamia (<3) would need lot of more work.

I have no doubt that "exotic" races would be really wellcomed, it is not so easy to add them

i do fully understand your point of view and agree that it a lot of work to add new races like Minotaur and centaurs into the game ,but would bring the game different gameplay mechanics specially if you create specific class for them which arent available in other classes and specific impactful traits which is unique to every race

like for example

-giving minotaurs big HP pool
    - faster regeneration
    - faster speed, less armor
    - slower attack
    - rate but with big damage
    - the ability to track their prays,animals,humans
    - they cant ride mounts, as they can have almost 75 % speed of mount when they run
    - they cant wield weapons beside a specific types
    - they cant be do certain professions ..

yes doing this will probably make them OP in PVP 1v1 against any other class, but they are meant to be OP come on man , they are giant bulky ,muscular ,terrifying freaking Minotaurs,they are war machines ! whose axe alone is the size of a human race :P

and make this class limited per nod or unlocked after achieving certain achievement in the game

• Options
    Ooh, then everyone can play a Minotaur and crush other races beneath their feet and achieve the grand unity of the Longhorn Tribe.

Then subjugate all other races with their PvP strength so that all the lesser races have to band together and come up with special tactics and techniques to stand up to them and the kind ones get pushed more and more to conform to those who want to use their superior might to stand against the threat of these less powerful races and their jealousy and finally resulting in the Minotaurs being wiped out to almost the last due to this great tragedy.

The Gods look down upon Verra and weep at what the creation of the immensely powerful Minotaurs hath wrought, and vow to never do it again...

Historical.

• Options
    -giving minotaurs big HP pool
    - faster regeneration
    - faster speed, less armor
    - slower attack
    - rate but with big damage
    - the ability to track their prays,animals,humans
    - they cant ride mounts, as they can have almost 75 % speed of mount when they run
    - they cant wield weapons beside a specific types
    - they cant be do certain professions ..

Don't even need to make it "stronger" than other.

why faster regeneration for example ? thing for vampire.

I support another game, Camelot unchained, where they want to do some different exotic races : banshees and gargoyles are maybe the most exotic (out of simply "humanoid" thing, while minotaur remains "humanoid" ) and each race will come with some boon/flaw (it is intended to allow banshees to go scout with your head)

There is lot of things to do.

In fact even in games where races are mainly (only) aesthetic this could be wellcomed, People want to play a character they love me it would be lamias at first for aesthetic reasons. But what i spoke is the main problem.
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    Ooh, then everyone can play a Minotaur and crush other races beneath their feet and achieve the grand unity of the Longhorn Tribe.

Then subjugate all other races with their PvP strength so that all the lesser races have to band together and come up with special tactics and techniques to stand up to them and the kind ones get pushed more and more to conform to those who want to use their superior might to stand against the threat of these less powerful races and their jealousy and finally resulting in the Minotaurs being wiped out to almost the last due to this great tragedy.

The Gods look down upon Verra and weep at what the creation of the immensely powerful Minotaurs hath wrought, and vow to never do it again...

Historical.

i precisely mentioned their drawbacks they could even add more i was simply giving example, they could limit their number on each nod, and their number on PVP siege battles ..

after all what gives races their importance is what they stand for , and how that perceived race image is implemented in the game ..

dwarves for example are known for their heavy armors,engineering, mining, magic resist, but are very slow in combat and very slow in movement speed, but have the best armor set statwise

elves are know for their magic , mana regen, archers, stylish armors ,stylish medium armor ,most beautiful race these are some of the things which come to my mind whenever i think about these races
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »

Historical.

i precisely mentioned their drawbacks they could even add more i was simply giving example, they could limit their number on each nod, and their number on PVP siege battles ..

after all what gives races their importance is what they stand for , and how that perceived race image is implemented in the game ..

dwarves for example are known for their heavy armors,engineering, mining, magic resist, but are very slow in combat and very slow in movement speed, but have the best armor set statwise

elves are know for their magic , mana regen, archers, stylish armors ,stylish medium armor ,most beautiful race these are some of the things which come to my mind whenever i think about these races

Oh. So they'd be limited instead, sorta. I see.

Well then, I officially support the formation of a guild with the primary purpose of getting someone who likes to play Greataxe Fighter or Tank through all the requirements to get the first Minotaur.

We will call them Snowball.

• Options
    GaluxGalux Member
    2-let the screen shake in the following situations whenever a strong spell is casted , a player receives a heavy blow ,when you do crit damage

5-give mounts their deserved weight and impact in the world, lets say a dragon must feel like a dragon , when it lands a strong impact should happen along with a dust wave ,and get their feet markings on the place they land ,and something similar to the rest of animals depending their movement and impact

10- make elves more sexy looking ..with sexy and elegant armor set (lord of the ring ) like the most sexy race in the game both female and male character who are taller than human race and have long hair with a tattoo on their face
    2) As an option where you can also decide how powerful of a shake you want

5)For sure, i would also like screen shakes / Vibrations when for example a huge dragon is roaring.

10) I don't necessarily agree on just straight up making elves sexy. Elegance, beauty, rather slim, taller than the average human & longer necks. Animations should also resemble grace & elegance.
    9-come up with a new race like centaur or Minotaur something like (beastman from age of sigmar) .. every race u have look like human race ..

I'd love an Avian race for the future, just find them so cool for some reason :D

C4_Tengu_concept_art.jpg
    b10707608d123b0e9373cf52eb76e254.jpg
    c67d611f50ee87b1b1543a9de4e61215.jpg

8DGfGVF.png
  • Options

*looks at DnD elves*

elf-subraces-1093330-1280x0.jpeg

(thank you... wizard realised that doing small and ugly elves was a mistake... and things are now changing)
  • Options
    Aerlana wrote: »

*looks at DnD elves*

elf-subraces-1093330-1280x0.jpeg

(thank you... wizard realised that doing small and ugly elves was a mistake... and things are now changing)

well the first time i was introduced to elves was through lord of the rings movie !, and oh boy, they had the most beautiful armors, weapons, and looks, and were taller than the human race
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited July 2021
    For mounts , would be better durability then life cicle, because you have many people that like colect mounts and would cry...

So when you die pvp or pve and thats the mount you are using you lose some durability until he die
  • Options
    Tulnar are a successful Kickstarter stretch goal that is a unique player race for Ashes.
    If by specific roles you mean specific combat roles, combat roles are defined by Primary Archetype; not by race.
    "Different gameplay mechanics" are going to have to wait until an expansion.
  • Options
    well the first time i was introduced to elves was through lord of the rings movie !, and oh boy, they had the most beautiful armors, weapons, and looks, and were taller than the human race
    Currently, Elves are the tallest in the Alpha One.
    Most beautiful is subjective.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Tulnar are a successful Kickstarter stretch goal that is a unique player race for Ashes.
    If by specific roles you mean specific combat roles, combat roles are defined by Primary Archetype; not by race.
    "Different gameplay mechanics" are going to have to wait until an expansion.

i meant lets say elves race can only have certain classes available to them, like mages, assassins, healers, support class, fighters, while having distinct race passive and active ability

while human can be jack of all trades but master to none, meaning the their stat will always be lower then other races since you can you can make any class

while dwarves , tanks, fighters holing only hammer , engineer, support class(not healer, rather buff class)

you get my idea
  • Options
    Ramirez wrote: »
    For mounts , would be better durability then life cicle, because you have many people that like colect mounts and would cry...

So when you die pvp or pve and thats the mount you are using you lose some durability until he die

that could happen as well , basic mounts would have very low durability especially when they die in PVP matches, so that would encourage people buying mounts from marketplace
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    i meant lets say elves race can only have certain classes available to them, like mages, assassins, healers, support class, fighters, while having distinct race passive and active ability

while human can be jack of all trades but master to none, meaning the their stat will always be lower then other races since you can you can make any class

while dwarves , tanks, fighters holing only hammer , engineer, support class(not healer, rather buff class)

you get my idea
    For one thing - that is racist. Literally systemic racism.
    RPGs have been steadily moving away from that for the past 20 years. Starting with D&D 3rd Edition.

Ashes also won't have gender-locked characters.
    The devs want characters to have more freedom to be who they want to be without arbitrary restrictions based on race and/or gender.
    Which is also why any class can wear any armor and wield any weapon.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »

you get my idea
    For one thing - that is racist. Literally systemic racism.
    RPGs have been steadily moving away from that for the past 20 years. Starting with D&D 3rd Edition.

Ashes also won't have gender-locked characters.
    The devs want characters to have more freedom to be who they want to be without arbitrary restrictions based on race and/or gender.
    Which is also why any class can wear any armor and wield any weapon.

what does real world racism concept have to do with this...
    certain races should excel in things better than other races do ... which is totally normal and i dont find it racist ,on contrary it gives every race its unique feel ,mechanism like

why i chose a specific race, not only because they look cool, because they have specific features which i as a player am looking for more than other features .

but at the end of a day its my personal opinion .
  • Options
    Mass entertainment should not be promoting racism because it negatively impacts real world issues.
  • Options
    could i provide suggestion

7-allow cross breeding between different mounts

OOF, this one has so many variables, I don't see how it could be possible. You mean like cross breeding a Raptor and a Horse, right? ....the offspring sound horrifying. A tortoise and a Gryphon? Erm..

While the idea might sound fun, the logistical/programming implementation sounds like a nightmare for Intrepid's developers.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL