Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Oh please let instruments be a thing for community moments like this

Just stumbled upon this video, I really hope to see moments like this in Ashes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNgRwJ75VOg

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm hoping for instruments somewhat like this.

I'm not sure how FFXIV did it, but a full midi implementation would make it really easy to write and share music.

Archeage had a partial midi implementation, and that was fairly good as well.
  • Options
    man that sound amazing...
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    People love to overreact. I had to click it. Wasnt impressed.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Agreed. I like that aspect about ff14
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I saw this recently while watching a friend play FF14. I love the idea and hope to see music added in. We have bards so let's make them the best kind of bard from any mmorpg in history imo.

Give bards a utility skill that syncs up like this is what I suggested in another post.
  • Options
    Haha fun
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited August 2021
    Wakko2k wrote: »

You should check Rust then, i think they have every music you can imagine

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nhA1V-XQlgQ&pp=sAQA
  • Options

It's not exactly stroke for stroke the same song but the ability to construct your own music in the game is amazing. That is what you should be impressed by. Or are you saying there are other mmos with better player made music?
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ramirez wrote: »
    Wakko2k wrote: »

You should check Rust then, i think they have every music you can imagine

Rust has a lot of instruments yes. Playing them will get your base raided, have someone scream into the mic while you play, bring out the trolls and toxic players yelling racial slurs and on top of that, you can't even play them until you buy the dlc or find them and have an established base and people to play with. It's more fun to google "virtual piano" and play it right there than play rust lol. 2500 hours on Rust have given me the right to warn people to stay away haha.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Sathrago wrote: »

It's not exactly stroke for stroke the same song but the ability to construct your own music in the game is amazing. That is what you should be impressed by. Or are you saying there are other mmos with better player made music?

Im saying people like to overreact.
  • Options
    I can't wait for the very funny ricky roll in-game, haha, I laughed.
  • Options
    omg this is absolutely stunning gave me star wars galaxies vibes as entertainer class
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    as long as there is a Gandalf hat and epic sax going on for 10 hours, cool!

They'd be welcome in any node of mine!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=G1IbRujko-A
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    FFXIV's music system is alright, but has some awful limitations that people overlook all the time.

1: Square made it so that you can't play music in dungeons or raids. Which is fucking ridiculous. There are times when you are waiting for people before the next pull and the music system would be great, but noooo... Square is concerned people would play music in combat. They could just make it, so you can't play the music in combat, but for some crazy reason they locked it to areas instead of combat state.

2: You have to be a bard. While it might make lore sense that bards are good at music. Literally, anyone can play an instrument IRL. Having to switch back to bard every time you want to play a song is annoying. It also means that if they ever did ease up on my first complaint, only one raid member in a normal 8 man could play music. Which is just dumb.

3: The octave and note selection could be much higher. You get like 3 octaves per instrument. Kinda low. Could be much more.

I know it sounds like I am just complaining about FFXIV, but there are some real lessons to be learned here about things that FFXIV does wrong. Honestly, full midi support would be the true way to go. I can't remember how LOTRO worked, but I am pretty sure it had none of these problems and is a much older game. Something for Intrepid to consider when looking at what other games are doing.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Bard/musical support classes regardless of any game should have the option to creating their own rifts for their abilities.

I believe Jahlon mentioned it before, the maddening sounds of the same songs being played over and over across the battle fields carved into peoples brains re-emerging as parts of their nightmares. lol.

PvE games tend to have a lot more creative fun ways for players to interact with each other during their grinding downtime as FFXIV has shown with their instruments, dance parties, photography tools, gambling events, cosmetics, mounts etc.

I saw some really cool things watching some twitch streamers play them lately.

point is, some things work better for certain types but considering AoC is PvX there is some good possibilities for instrumental range from types of instruments to notes.