Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Forums background seems to change about every month... What does it mean?

VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Normally, I would not notice such things or care. Every month, the forum background seems to change. I only noticed this because as someone who is a major fan of "Dark Mode" I have actually been blocking the background element so that the forums backgrounds are black for nearly a year now. Blocking the element seems to last about 30 days, then a new image seems to appear.

At first, I was just thinking that the same image was getting a new name as the site updates and thus needed to be blocked again. Now that I have thought more about it, I am thinking that the image is actually changing every month and there may be more to it.

So at this point, I am wondering if anyone else has been noticing and chronicling these forum backgrounds as they change? Is there some sort of pattern? Maybe there is some sort of Easter eggs or hints we are all missing out on?

Clearly someone at intrepid must be making changing these backgrounds for some reason? Any thoughts or speculation as to what is going on would be great.
TVMenSP.png
If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.

Comments

• Looks like the new cosmetics. The big hulking creature on the right looks like that Graveyard Golem.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have never noticed this until now!
    Amazing.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Looks like the new cosmetics. The big hulking creature on the right looks like that Graveyard Golem.

Yeah, looks like it. I really wish I was saving those backgrounds instead of just blocking them all these months.

I could not find them on the Wiki... I can't help, but think there is some sort of lost content that has been hiding in the open.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Maybe our new favourite forum king can clarify for us?

@Vaknar ?
  • DargronDargron Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Yes, the backgrounds have been changing every month, but I don't think there is anything more to it than "let's show off some of our magnificent concept art".

Last month was a very impressive Dunir city.
    Also the Golem seems more generic than the Graveyard Golem (doesn't look like gravestones on it's back, just regular spikey rocks).
  • Someone finally noticed!!!!!!! <3<3<3 So we actually change our background images/cover photos on every social media platform each month (new Twitter banner, Discord background, etc.), and the forum background is also updated to match that! For the most part they are from recent concept art that we've shared :smiley:

Hope you'll enjoy them now that you've noticed them :wink:
    community_management.gif
  • Someone finally noticed!!!!!!! <3<3<3 So we actually change our background images/cover photos on every social media platform each month (new Twitter banner, Discord background, etc.), and the forum background is also updated to match that! For the most part they are from recent concept art that we've shared :smiley:

Don't suppose the old artwork is around anywhere for us to enjoy? Your artists are that talented that it'd be a shame to have missed out on anything they've done.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2021
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Someone finally noticed!!!!!!! <3<3<3 So we actually change our background images/cover photos on every social media platform each month (new Twitter banner, Discord background, etc.), and the forum background is also updated to match that! For the most part they are from recent concept art that we've shared :smiley:

Don't suppose the old artwork is around anywhere for us to enjoy? Your artists are that talented that it'd be a shame to have missed out on anything they've done.

What he said @LieutenantToast ! I mean I had noticed the changing backgrounds, but I never really thought to properly appreciate them, and now I feel sad I never did. The one from last month, that was the dunir city you also posted on twitter right? I assumed it to be, but never actually did the whole right-click and open image in new tab thing.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will these be available as background images?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.

It's always fun finding these sorts of things. Thanks as always for the hard work you all put into caring for the game, especially for the little details like this.

wOUhOl1.jpg
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
    Future Image of me trying to find clues in the backgrounds images if they release them as a set...
    ncI8BPW.jpg
    TVMenSP.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Future Image of me trying to find clues in the backgrounds images if they release them as a set...
    ncI8BPW.jpg

An AoC arg would be cool.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
    JustVine wrote: »

Who is to say some of these backgrounds did not have images of Thomas the tank engine, leaving clues to what Jeff Bard is "Really" doing...
    TVMenSP.png
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    JustVine wrote: »

Who is to say some of these backgrounds did not have images of Thomas the tank engine, leaving clues to what Jeff Bard is "Really" doing...

Okay now I want the Fighter/Tank class to be named Thomas, and the augment for a charge lays down train tracks, and it’s specialized in leading a caravan.

Hhak63P.png
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »
    What he said @LieutenantToast ! I mean I had noticed the changing backgrounds, but I never really thought to properly appreciate them, and now I feel sad I never did. The one from last month, that was the dunir city you also posted on twitter right? I assumed it to be, but never actually did the whole right-click and open image in new tab thing.

So we also share the high-res versions of these pics with the wiki team each month, and if you check out the recent artwork section here, you can see the ones for the past few months posted right around the turn of the month! For example, here's July's, August's, September's, and October's pics!

Sathrago wrote: »
    It's always fun finding these sorts of things. Thanks as always for the hard work you all put into caring for the game, especially for the little details like this.

wOUhOl1.jpg
    <3<3<3
    community_management.gif
  • Awesome, thanks :)