Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New Forums Are Here! *Updated*

Thanks all for your patience as we've transitioned from our old bbPress forums to our shiny new Vanilla forums! We started the process at around 10:00 PM PDT last night by switching the old forums to view-only mode and did the data migration this morning between the hours of 7:00 AM - 10 AM PDT. For the last hour or so I've went through to verify that stuff is working and make a few adjustments here and there. Based on what I've found/done, there are a few things we'd like you to be aware of:
  • When you first get onto the forums, your avatar will be gone. We've been told by the folks at Vanilla that you may need to log out and log back in in order for your avatar to be displayed as it was before.
  • Signatures have gone away. Originally we were informed that signatures should remain in the migration. However, it appears there was an issue with this due to some extra plugins we were using to have more robust signatures. Therefore, it will be necessary for you to re-do your signature. When you do so, you may see that you have few options (and less space) than before.
  • Weird visual bugs. Due to the migration and timing to try to get this up and running for you ASAP rather than over a period of several days. We will be working through these bugs over the next couple of days but if you see anything that's looks really wrong, please PM me (yes, we have forum PMs now) and I'll take a look.
  • You have PMs! You can now chat with your friends in private. Woohoo!
  • Custom badges are still being worked on. We'll let you know when we have a more solid ETA but we're aiming for end of the week right now.
  • The Newly Arrived forum section has been archived. I am in the process of cleaning up the forums to be in a more logical state. This section in particular seemed erroneous so I made an announcement there indicating that intros can now take place in General Discussion instead. Over the next few days we may be re-arranging other sections and/or adding additional sections to make it a bit more logical.
  • The mobile view is not pretty right now. Our web dev team is looking into making it look nicer. Still, it should be a billion times more usable than our previous iteration was for use on your mobile devices.
  • Overall design will be changing in the next month or two. Our current design is temporary and we are working with Vanilla for a new, fancy theme that will be much more Ashes of Creation-specific.
  • UPDATED 3:47 pm: it also appears that quotes created using the previous forum did not inherent the quote formatting for the new forums. We are looking into this.
  • UDPATED 3:48 pm: additionally, images and embeds seems to have broken with the forum change. You may need to re-add any images or embeds to your posts. :(

If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a comment below or PM me.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.