Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will cosmetics be combined with pvp?

Anyone know if cosmetics on your character will be viewable by your enemies in pvp? I'm hoping they it just shows the default look of your gear so it gives you the ability to pick your fights.
thanks!

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    that only says it will show the level, quality and type of gear (all are useless info as far as I've seen in other mmos). but does not note the gear itself. I'm not asking for a inspect list. I just wanna recognize the gear from a distance.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We don't have enough info on this to give you a definitive answer at this time. Anyone telling you otherwise is just trying to promote their opinion at you. There was a Dev discussion a little while back related to gear check mechanics so the Devs are definitely still trying to figure out how to best approach this issue. We will probably have more clarity by Alpha 2.

My opinionated answer otoh is that, currently it sounds like you won't be able to tell what gear a person is wearing at a distance due to transmogs.
    Small print leads to large risks.
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wouldn't mind if distance had something to do with it. As you get closer, more accurate info pops up. That way if you wanna show something off in town it's easy for everyone to see. However if you're getting ready to attack a caravan from a distance you don't quite know how equipped the guards are etc.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    It will show you tier (common, rare, epic, legendary, etc) and type (cloth, leather, plate)
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101