One Year from Now?

tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I was on FB and clicked through to watch the AoC UE5 video (which was great) on YouTube using this link:
https://wccftech.com/ashes-of-creation-mmorpg-is-the-latest-game-to-upgrade-to-ue5/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1u0z0oDsMjDuW5UfGaAuALQeJqROO4W1zO0hDSzCSWz0pUpucT8eGPL90

Notice the phrase in the text which says "...with Intrepid Studios planning an Alpha 2 test stage at some point in 2022."

This was a WCCFtech statement, not an Intrepid statement. They may have assumed, they may have mis-understood, or they may have inadvertently released a potentially accurate statement.

We know that Alpha 2 will be persistent and that it will be followed rather quickly by short Beta-1 and Beta-2 phases. So, if Alpha 2 is this coming fall of 2022, we may be looking at a Christmas release a year from now.

I know that the common opinion is that we are years from release and that certainly may be the case.

But....

Comments

• NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    tautau wrote: »
    We know that Alpha 2 will be persistent and that it will be followed rather quickly by short Beta-1 and Beta-2 phases.

Where did you get that info? I am pretty sure Alpha 2 is going to be the long one. Maybe lasting a year or longer, with some possible breaks.

• Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I was on FB and clicked through to watch the AoC UE5 video (which was great) on YouTube using this link:
    https://wccftech.com/ashes-of-creation-mmorpg-is-the-latest-game-to-upgrade-to-ue5/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1u0z0oDsMjDuW5UfGaAuALQeJqROO4W1zO0hDSzCSWz0pUpucT8eGPL90

Notice the phrase in the text which says "...with Intrepid Studios planning an Alpha 2 test stage at some point in 2022."

This was a WCCFtech statement, not an Intrepid statement. They may have assumed, they may have mis-understood, or they may have inadvertently released a potentially accurate statement.

We know that Alpha 2 will be persistent and that it will be followed rather quickly by short Beta-1 and Beta-2 phases. So, if Alpha 2 is this coming fall of 2022, we may be looking at a Christmas release a year from now.

I know that the common opinion is that we are years from release and that certainly may be the case.

But....

I think your estimation of how long alpha 2 will take is way off. I say this with no real knowledge or experience however I'd guess that whenever alpha 2 comes the game is probably still a year off from full release
  • tautau wrote: »

I don't believe I've seen anything that suggested Alpha 2 "will be followed rather quickly" by Beta 1.

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Overthrow wrote: »

I don't believe I've seen anything that suggested Alpha 2 "will be followed rather quickly" by Beta 1.

This is the impression I get too.

B1->B2->release may be faster,

but A2->B1 I still think there will be tonnnnnnnes of polish happening
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2021
    Intrepid hasn't said anything about A2 happening in 2022. There is a literal 0% chance Ashes releases in 2022, and I'd say quite a low chance it releases in 2023. Alpha 2 is going to be very very long since it's where the majority of the game is added in terms of content. A2 has to add stuff like the religious system, social organisations, 80+% of the map, the rest of the node system (e.g. the node types like Military, Divine, Scientific, Economic and Town, City, Metro levels), the entire class system along with augments, rest of the races, character customisation, fully fleshing out the combat, the entire artisan system basically. I could go on and on.

No way in hell does alpha 2 start and end in 2022, let alone the entire game releasing in 2022.
    nI17Ea4.png