Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question about servers for testing

XuluXulu Member
edited April 2022 in Support & FAQ
Sorry if I missed this, and it's probably in caps somewhere, but for each of the testing phases, do we know how long servers will be up? Some games do a testing for a week, a month, etc...and then at some point, the servers stay online until updates. I'm curious how this will work for alpha, beta, etc. for Ashes. Anyone have a clue?

Comments

• Alpha-1 had servers open for a month, @Xulu ... and some intermittent preview and spot testing before and after.

Expect something similar for Alpha-2, but the dates haven't been announced yet.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No dates as of yet. Alpha 2 is supposed to be a persistent server for how long we don't have any information on as of yet.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule
    All is subject to change at this point.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Alpha 2 is supposed to be persistent until launch.
    We shall see.
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    As others have helpfully noted, the plan for the A2 servers is to be 24/7 online until launch. The betas will be "short and sweet". There are currently no announced dates for any future testing phases.

I'm moving this thread to the FAQ section and closing it, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.