Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How many Kaelar can this fish eat...?

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
We spoke briefly about our Aquatic Two Raid Boss during the March 2022 Development Update. Replay timestamp here for easy reference.

While this was on stream, there was mention about "we should have provided something for scale." Today on our social channels, we shared these images:
g1fuhd27wit81.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f5cf111f69fccc8957232a904f4533800f75ce46
unknown.png

I can't wait to fight this thing >:) how about you?
community_management.gif

Comments

• mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope there is content inside of it.
  • RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff

What content would you put in the belly of a whale?
    Bonus points if your answer isn't inspired by Pinocchio
    community_management.gif
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In a world where sushi eats you, only one hero can save us from the Negalith. Bob "the bobber" Baitman. The only one brave and stupid enough to try to kite the big fish boss away from the vulnerable verran fleet. Will he succeed? We very much doubt it, but please watch the movie anyway! Coming to a tavern near you. Rated F for fishy. DISCLAIMER: Any relationship to Nega Scott (Pilgrim) is almost purely coincidental.

4xszr9sam0cn.png
    Bob "the bobber" Baitman
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Lex wrote: »
    In a world where sushi eats you, only one hero can save us from the Negalith. Bob "the bobber" Baitman. The only one brave and stupid enough to try to kite the big fish boss away from the vulnerable verran fleet. Will he succeed? We very much doubt it, but please watch the movie anyway! Coming to a tavern near you. Rated F for fishy. DISCLAIMER: Any relationship to Nega Scott (Pilgrim) is almost purely coincidental.

4xszr9sam0cn.png
    Bob "the bobber" Baitman

Yas Bob the Bait will live on... oh mighty hero that sacrificed himself to bring the Negalith near land!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thu-ree
  • Roshen wrote: »

Maybe once it's been 'defeated' the body would sink to the bottom of the ocean.
    Only skilled divers/master gatherers (requiring some water breathing buffs) could get down to the corpse.

If just a skilled diver: they could enter the corpse they need to find items lost inside the body (bones of other sea creatures, broken ships from other adventurers [with chests], etc.)

If a master gatherer: Once there they could enter the corpse (through the mouth?) to harvest special rare gatherable inside the body (digestive bacteria, specialized organs, etc.)
  • I would crap my pants if that thing attacked my ship :open_mouth:
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited April 2022

4xszr9sam0cn.png
    Bob "the bobber" Baitman

L O L - rated F for fishy killed me hahahaha
    community_management.gif

Yas Bob the Bait will live on... oh mighty hero that sacrificed himself to bring the Negalith near land!

f2pymb47ee62.gif
    community_management.gif
    I would crap my pants if that thing attacked my ship :open_mouth:

You and me both, lol!
    community_management.gif
    Roshen wrote: »

Only skilled divers/master gatherers (requiring some water breathing buffs) could get down to the corpse.

If just a skilled diver: they could enter the corpse they need to find items lost inside the body (bones of other sea creatures, broken ships from other adventurers [with chests], etc.)

If a master gatherer: Once there they could enter the corpse (through the mouth?) to harvest special rare gatherable inside the body (digestive bacteria, specialized organs, etc.)

That would certainly be unique!
    community_management.gif
  • CawwCaww Member
    That's truly a Raid Boss - not some jumped-up NPC with super stats & power....
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One

4xszr9sam0cn.png
    Bob "the bobber" Baitman

Voiceover provided by the glorious @Fuppo Headhunter who's deep voice belies his smol black kitty stature!

fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I posted this to help Steven out with the scaling ;)

• mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    well here then ;)

1iku32q6x9yl.jpg
  • CawwCaww Member
    Don't feed the fish...
  • Skyri02Skyri02 Member
    edited April 2022

I love this idea that the sea monster sinks to the bottom of the ocean when killed. An another idea is that this corpse will turn into a instanced dungeon that all player will get to enter as a reward for helping eachother to kill it.
    This dungeon inside the monster will have mini bosses and some puzzle solving and ofc rewards. And the look of the dungeon can be that you start from the mouth and exit from the...??? somewhere

Kinda like Jabu-Jabu's Belly in Zelda - Ocarina of Time. :p The link shows the dungeon.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EEPHHBo3BBU
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Oh my God Becky, look at that fish
    It is so big..

Can't wait to see it in action. B)

Preferably from behind a magic cannon.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    All of them.
    With Betty the Fish, our friendly neighborhood swimming hole protector helping to keep all non-Tulnar out of the water. Swimming will be good times.
    Hopefully she is a good deal bigger the the biggest ship and has lots of friends.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Make this thing eat 8 random people, who have to clear a mini-event inside the creature to escape. No rhyme or reason, just 8 people who have to do their best - or die...death = digestion which buffs the boss of course!
  • make a fish the size of the island and make its insides a dungeon XD. only way to kill the raid boss outside is to have them weaken it inside first.
    was a joke but that would actually be sick. and it moves while your inside it.
  • HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    make a fish the size of the island and make its insides a dungeon XD. only way to kill the raid boss outside is to have them weaken it inside first.
    was a joke but that would actually be sick. and it moves while your inside it.

Split the raid mechanic. Part of the group that stays on the ship has to actively track the beast. If they fail once the inside party makes their way back out they’re just left stranded in the ocean with all the bosses adds. Hopefully the ship finds them in time.
  • SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Maybe content that isn't actually fish related, but dead sailor related instead. For instance, if the raid boss has slow shark-like digestion, there could be a ton of great treasure and many ashes of fallen heroes inside. I'm not sure if this is in sync with lore, but you could fight ash wraiths for treasure inside the belly of the beast against a timer for escape. If you get too greedy you end up digested and add to the treasure, but if you just escape by finding a thin membrane and cutting your way out, all the treasure gets destroyed instead.