UE5 Tech Demo & Benchmark set in Verra

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I would really, really, really, really very much like a UE5 tech demo and benchmark set in Verra. With some beautiful vistas and music.

It can be completely stand-alone, and/or part of the launcher.

The upside for Intrepid is the marketing value when players see the beautiful world in different environments, and through the benchmark Intrepid has a way to check performance stats against different hardware. Siege simulations, for example, to stress CPU, GPU and RAM and find and eliminate client-side bottlenecks as much as possible before release.

The downside is obviously some cost and time to code and implement it, but maybe they can work with Epic Games on this one? The tech demo should obviously use assets and areas already existing in the game.

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022
    Ask and receive.

Oh yeah, I've seen the videos. I mean an actual demo/benchmark I can run on my PC :)
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited May 2022
    Nerror wrote: »
    Ask and receive.

Oh yeah, I've seen the videos. I mean an actual demo/benchmark I can run on my PC :)

I think they will, but unfortunately it’s called Alpha 2.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • JhorenJhoren Member
    Yes! A benchmark would be awesome. It would also help me and others make a slightly more informed PC purchase before release. Like, diminishing returns on number of cores on the CPU etc. MMORPGs tend to favor many cores though, especially with many players in the area at the same time.

For those who have Alpha 2, sure, that's nice, but that might not include a benchmark either. For the rest of us it would be a huge boon.
  • AidanKDAidanKD Member
    Yes to this. Just something which can exist perhaps come Beta, and ongoing for launch just as you suggest to see how the game runs. Seems reasonable and means people don't have to guess how it is going to run :)
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    @Nerror - have you seen this demo yet?

Incredible.

https://youtu.be/2paNFnw1wRs
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »
    @Nerror - have you seen this demo yet?

Incredible.

That's amazing. It's not 100% there yet to being photo-realistic, but you have to pay attention to the details to see it and we're getting really close now.