Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Pricing and how pricing of the game will be done?

maclk99maclk99 Member
edited May 2022 in Support & FAQ
Hello, I just want to say first off, that this game has been shaping up very well and looks incredible, especially the recent video on weather and seasons.
I have been curious to ask how the pricing and the subscription part will be done, as I am somebody who doesn't like this concept or in general subscription based games (tend to stay away from them). I know this might be too early to tell specifics, but I know AOC is going to cost $15 a month (which is steep imo, especially rn).

Will you guys have multiple types of tiers like 3 month plan, 6month, e.t.c? (ofc getting cheaper the more higher you go) or/and have a prepaid "card" type deal, where you just spend how many months you want? without being locked in auto renewal (ofc getting cheaper the more months you add, which imo is a little better for subscription type games to have).

Lastly finally, is/are (and this is a long shot but..) you guys thinking about having a ultimate tier where its a one time purchase for the game?, to have the ability to ignore the monthly subscription and just own the game forever.(Personally would love to have this even if it meant that I would have to spend like hundreds for it, I would).

Anyways, I appreciate what you guys are doing over at Intrepid Studios and can't wait for what the final game will look like.

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have not announced any plans for a multiple month discount. Since it is an industry standard, it may very well end up being that way. If $15 is too much currency in your region of the world, they may offer localized and harmonized servers in different regions for a cheaper option, but they also have not given information where those may be applicable as of yet.

As to your "ultimate tier," that is a lifetime subscription and was sold during the crowdfunding in 2017, was exclusive to the Kickstarter and Summer Package backers, and will not be offered again.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    As @unknownsystemerror noted, there are no announced plans to offer bulk subscription plans or bring back the lifetime sub.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Subscription_model

I'm closing this thread now, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.