Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Opulent Negotiations

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited July 2022 in Announcements
1920---Voyager-Plus---Background.jpg

It is said, “Negotiation is the art of letting the other side have your way.” Some see diplomacy as a test of wills, some as an art form, and some as the inevitable progression of survival instinct. To the illustrious merchants of the Vaelune it is a way of life. Securing a binding deal requires more finesse than felling a beast for its hoarded treasure, or seizing an indestructible fortress. After all, the spoils of war are quickly spent, and there are always additional adversaries seeking fortune and fame, eager to replace the slain.

The Opulent Negotiations cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from June 8, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until July 13, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Windswept Wonders addons will be removed on June 8, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2022-06-07-opulent-negotiations
community_management.gif

Comments

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2022
    Looks good (for npc models and backer skins).
    Would it be time for another revelation of mid-high, ingame achievable gear designs? Mb in the next dev update?
  • Do we have information on what boat and freehold building these skins go on?
  • MerekMerek Member
    Finally, a pack that excels in both aesthetics and quality. I don't usually care for the middle-eastern theme, but this pack is actually good. Keep this up and I'll have a positive outlook on the games aesthetic direction.
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Not bad, not bad at all
  • What size ship is that? Looks small but could be medium?
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lithion wrote: »
    What size ship is that? Looks small but could be medium?

Based on the lanterns I would say at least medium, maybe even large.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    We are continuing to work with our design team to provide details regarding which buildings the freehold skins can be applied to, as well as ship and caravan skins. We will provide more information in the future. 💕
    community_management.gif
  • derpderp Member
    Is there any way for us to see which cosmetics are upcoming so I can plan when to purchase?
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    derp wrote: »
    Is there any way for us to see which cosmetics are upcoming so I can plan when to purchase?

We announce the new cosmetic packs (that replace the outgoing ones) at least 1 day in advance!
    community_management.gif
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    We are continuing to work with our design team to provide details regarding which buildings the freehold skins can be applied to, as well as ship and caravan skins. We will provide more information in the future. 💕

Hey Vaknar, I know you and the team are very much aware, but given how long this question has been awaiting an answer from the community - is there genuinely a design reason for why this cannot be announced yet - that has had this delayed an answer for a year or more?

It also holds some people back as they don't know if the Freehold skin will be applicable for how they would like to use it, as we just don't know enough.

It doesn't bother me so much on a personal level as I likely won't be able to purchase a pack, but knowing that of the few negatives that do get drawn, this is one of them and if Intrepid could just pick up the slack on this one and nip this in the bud, then it's one less grey area that can be talked about.

At the very least, I think that some sort of trade off would be a way to exchange a skin specifically for freehold if it's not one that you'll get use out of - just on a one off basis. This would be difficult to balance as well as I know you don't want people getting access to a different pack's cosmetics, but there likely isn't a perfect solution for this anyway.
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Would've bought the scorpion if that was the mount honestly.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • It's a beautiful set! Definitely can give a person that merchant'esque vibe. I wish that I could just take the shoes as a cosmetic accessory and apply it to other armor builds, but it's an entire costume. Ah well.
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• GizmowGizmow Member
    I'm looking at these last couple cosmetic packs. Someone has been playing too much Conan Exiles... but so have I Kappa
  • The_Gaming_ButlerThe_Gaming_Butler Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Beautiful designs.
    Ashes of Creation News can be found on The Gaming Butler News Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP31ixSBO7GHKLBefWVcJaA
  • OzijakOzijak Member
    Very keen to see these models as in game assets. Brilliant work as ever, still hoping for some black and green dragon themed Ren'Kai armour haha.
  • The_Gaming_ButlerThe_Gaming_Butler Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Beautiful designs.
    Ashes of Creation News can be found on The Gaming Butler News Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP31ixSBO7GHKLBefWVcJaA