Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will ships get frozen in ice during freezing weather?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• XerosumXerosum Member
    edited July 2022
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will itemization be ready at a level where you will want us to give feed back during Alpha 2?
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Has the team thought of adding blood magic in the game in some form? Or even just having a blood effect skin for spells.
  • AdonexAdonex Member
    What part of the game's development thus far are you most proud of and why?
  • Will larger ships, both Frigates and Galleons, have a minimum capacity requirement in order to be mobile?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Schwann36 wrote: »
    Will larger ships, both Frigates and Galleons, have a minimum capacity requirement in order to be mobile?

Great question and I hope that there will be minimum requirements for large ships.
  • Will you be implementing poses, stances, idles, and walking/fighting styles?
  • Will mob AI be updated as to a more strategic perspective where as in groups the mobs circle a player or even provide buffs toward one another? And improvements I’m sure are already being made on mob movements so it’s not like their just standing there taking blows, they’d be dodging and blocking aswell.
  • 游戏能不能支持中文? 服务器个人服务器还是官服?官服可以支持多少人同时在线游戏?是像WOW一样,每个服务器这样嘛?
  • ObamanizerObamanizer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Will dense foliage be baseline in the game or will people turn the setting all the way down to maximize pvp efficiency? Think, hiding in bushes or laying in grass, not fps related
    m2r7fkogger4.png
  • ThackeryThackery Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is the team doing to prepare for masses of bots and RMT after release? Will either of these be tolerated at all? Permaban for first offense?

Is there an automated system to deal with the bots or will it also be actively monitored by live GMs? Will we have GMs?

I am currently playing another newer MMO and the bot and RMT situation got SO bad that players couldn’t log in for over a week without a 20k queue!

I am so excited to play AoC and would be so crushed if bots took over and inflated the market and the finite resources of the game…and also caused a massive queue.

Thanks for all you do, and excited to hear what’s going on!
  • Upon death, will our characters be able to move around in spirit, or will the soul be traumatized by forced relocation to the nearest binding point?
  • AelAel Member
    Can you tell us more about summons / pets control ?
    Thanks for your hard work <3
    "We have two lives, and the second one begins when we set foot on Verra."
  • With the game seeming to be so feature-rich at launch, how do you plan on sustaining the game with content after launch? Especially knowing how players like to "no-life" games in the MMO genre.
  • Machine translation
    Number 1
    q0ktn7p7p6cm.jpg
    How do you plan to avoid a situation in which animals will cease to be in demand over time?

An example of such a situation is provided to you in the picture. I know a popular MMORPG where animal husbandry has lost its relevance. After a while, there were a lot of animals and they became worthless, no one needed them.

How do you plan to remove animals from the game, so that the profession of animal breeding would be relevant throughout the life of Ashes of Creations?
    Number 2

How do you plan to maintain the interest of players after 3, 5 or 10 years?

If a player gets all the best, he gets bored playing. Are you planning to introduce arenas or PvP locations where a player can lose everything he has at the moment?
    zizi
  • SerficSerfic Member
    In relation to PvP, specifically 1v1 scenarios, is the Rock-Paper-Scissors the deciding factor in all encounters or will a skilled player be able to win an unfavorable matchup and would an unskilled player sometimes lose in a favorable matchup?
  • TryolTryol Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will equipping different weapons change your skillset? If so, how will you balance that in regards to class identity, as in having a character be defined by their equipped weapon as opposed to their class?
  • Will character creation be available ahead of time for alpha 2? And how far ahead of the go live release will it be available - 1 day, 1 week, or?
  • We're aware Alpha 2 is approximately half of the entire map, can we get an outline of the alpha 2 map? will it be just one continent? will it be the bottom half of the map?
  • As far as I understand, crafters will be able to master only 1 profession, including gathering. That means that me, as a armor or weapon crafter, cannot get the highest materials to said craft from mining for example?
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    edited June 2022
    In recent forum discussions regarding corruption, a few of us have found, through the wiki, that making a class level 1 character with a potentially max artisan skill level is possible, allowing for players to potentially avoid PVP with these types of alts(via increased corruption penalty for killing a low level player), and coincidentally also allow for bots/gold sellers to take advantage of it in a similar fashion. We have thought to make artisan level correlate to corruption penalties, thus allowing for these characters to be dealt with properly and not result in a possible exploit, the exploit being a means to better avoid the PvP mechanic in a PvX game while still allowing to obtain high tier items through artisan skill.
    So this begs the question. Is it intended to allow low level characters to progress to high tier/even mastered artisan or to at the very least test it in regards to the aforementioned scenarios?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • What are your thoughts about stats influensing appearance? So as you level up and get more strength your character gets more bulky, as you get more intellect your character's eyes get a little glow, or something along those lines.
  • MycologyMycology Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Can we get an ETA on Alpha-2 start?

Dude as much as I want this we are still missing:

-> Literally every single other class being showcased
    -> Combat Updates
    -> Caravan Systems (Combat Dependent)
    -> Corruption system (combat dependent)
    -> Node level 4/5
    -> most of the Biomes
    -> Naval Combat
    -> Dungeon / Raid Progression and changes with node upgrades
    -> Weapon Talents / Ability Augmentation

I could literally make this list so much longer, but this comment already gave me depression thinking about how far away playing this game really is.
  • AruganArugan Member, Alpha One
    What is the plan for processing and crafting animation?

Is it going to be:
    Simple (Lack of animation)
    or
    Detailed(Fully animated, seeing the hammer hit the armor and sparks, fire etc.)

If detailed are there going to be limit to how many can be at crafting station?
  • DisobedientDisobedient Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we get some more information surrounding the Divine Nodes and their usefulness?
  • TrayneTrayne Member
    unique npc's that stay dead when deadified or just generic immortal npc?
  • Can a Character level 1 reach mastery in a artisan progression path?
    And if it can, do certain materials require a certain character level to be gathered/processed/crafted or artisan mastery is the only requirement?
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Xerosum wrote: »
    Anyone else find floating player and npc names to be slightly immersion breaking? I've heard addons will not be a thing, but can we get an option to put player / npc names below the character instead of above? I think it helps a little. Also, I know own my name. Can I toggle that off from my view?
    Crappy gimp edit examples below.

https://postimg.cc/XBw0XtRT

cqgj6lfu8aaq.png

Hummm... interesting this idea! 😳
  • vMenezs wrote: »
    Any updates on the possibility of SA servers?

Sadge NA ping 😞