PVP and corruption.

So if I understand correctly it works like this.
Those who dont have PK toggled are peaceful.
Killing a peaceful builds up your corruption. Once youre corrupted, anyone can kill you and they get rewards.
There will be a bounty system for players to hunt corrupted PKers.
There is also the PK flagged status, which shows others youre down to fight. You can kill these dudes and get no penalty.
Healing/Buffing a PKer will flag you as PK. (I strongly agree with this if thats the case.)
Killing someone lower level than you also builds up your corruption.
Do I have the basics of it?

Anyone know what rewards you will get for killing corrupted PKers?
How does everyone feel about having a percentage chance to have some of your gear drop if you die while corrupted?
I think thats a great detterent to keep PKers from smashing lowboys and killing someone over and over.

Comments

• CawwCaww Member
    edited July 2022
    There is no toggle but the rest looks about right.
  • There's 3 states a character can be in. Non-combatant (green), combatant (purple) and corrupted (red).

This is how you move across those statesfukc5m19txi3.png

You don't toggle anything. If you are green and you hit another green or purple - you become purple. If that green doesn't fight back and you hit him until he dies - you're red. A purple person is not a PKer. Only a red person is a PKer.

Being corrupted is a binary thing. You either are or you are not. The penalty multiplier starts as soon as you receive your first bit of corruption, no matter how small.

Healing/buffing purple or red players will flag you as a purple, not as a PKer.

Killing Reds rewards you with their loot and potential Bounty Hunter rewards, if you're part of that system.

Dropping gear on Red death is a good deterrent for all the people who want to be murderhobos. Being corrupted is not an intended gameplay path. It's a way to penalize people who murder others w/o their victims responding to attacks, while still allowing for that murder to take place.
  • AzrayaAzraya Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh, okay. So you don't toggle it.
    You're peaceful till you're not.
    I'd be just thrilled if corrupted PKers had a chance to drop gear.
    The Devs could also do something like making corrupted unable to use NPC merchants for buying/selling while corrupted.
    Cause these merchants don't want blood money!
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Azraya wrote: »
    The Devs could also do something like making corrupted unable to use NPC merchants for buying/selling while corrupted.

the goal is to limit the griefing, not get rid of it lmao
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Otr wrote: »
    There should large areas on the map (10% of it) where everybody is flagged for fight, if they enter.
    We have 0 idea about what exactly those quests entail and "permaflagged" locations are just pvp spots, not PK spots. So still, being corrupted is not a playstyle.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well... at least Corrupted can't trade with other players.
  • RoxiRoxi Member
    Sometimes, achieving goals requires getting your hands dirty. As it was in L2 and AA in battles between guilds or minigroups. I like it.
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

Well, since corrupt players will be attacked by guards on sight, they won't be able to use in node services overly easily.

Even if it is their own node.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Oh, okay. So you don't toggle it.
    You're peaceful till you're not.
    I'd be just thrilled if corrupted PKers had a chance to drop gear.

That's the plan.
    This last quote means that those will be able to PvP safe from corruption on the entire map?

The way it is worded i would assume yes, but only against each other enemy node citizens involved in said war, like guilds declaring war against each other and being able to kill enemy guild members anywhere on sight without worring about corruption.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
    I cannot find in wiki "permaflagged" locations. Only objective-based which are temporary: caravans, guild wars and node sieges.
    Otr wrote: »
    There should large areas on the map (10% of it) where everybody is flagged for fight, if they enter.
    I was talking about this suggestion in the context of the OP and the corruption talk. If you get auto-flagged - you're not corrupted. All pvp event locations will "auto-flag" you, as long as you agree to participate in the event. And depending on the server situation, there'll probably be way more than 10% of the server who's pvping. Especially at primetime on that server.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Auto-flag you as a Combatant. Yes.

(But, no for the map suggestion.)
  • AcijAcij Member
    edited July 2022
    Once youre corrupted, anyone can kill you and they get rewards.

Since they said everything in game is basically "Risk and reward"...
    I dont see any risk for bounty hunters. Witch would actually break all what they said!
    I mean i get it, PK is bad, but still. I feel like they should make a bit harder for other maybe make some ways for them to somehow get away.
    Also bounty hunters can literally see PKs on bounty map witch is also somehow unfair!
    Killing someone lower level than you also builds up your corruption.
    And How should higher lvl player deal with low lvl player if they are doing something against them(low lvl player teaming up agaisnt higher,etc)?
  • Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Acij wrote: »
    Also bounty hunters can literally see PKs on bounty map witch is also somehow unfair!

And How should higher lvl player deal with low lvl player if they are doing something against them(low lvl player teaming up agaisnt higher,etc)?
    It isn't supposed to be fair for the corrupted. That's the point.

On the 2nd bit if the low levels are doing something against you (I'm assuming you mean attacks) then they will be combatants so you will be able to engage them without becoming corrupted.