alpha 2 > beta 1 > beta 2 > release dates

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
i know this topic has been talked about alot but im sure the community would love to see a road map of the game,

i feel this should be talked about in the next live stream, its great to see all the work that's going into the game and we are all very impressed with the weather and the combat but the game could look fantastic but its pretty irrelevant if the game does not release for the next 5 years, a road map for alpha 2 > beta 1 > beta 2 > release even if it needs to be adjusted as time goes on would be extremley beneficial for the community , even a estimation would be great at this point

Comments

• tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It looks like you got them in the right order, nice job. So yes, you have your road map.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited July 2022
    Actually, the estimated dates provided in the past have not been helpful for anyone involved. Steven's footing the bill on this, so no one outside Intrepid needs to know the roadmap timeline. I'm fine with them not attempting to predict the future again and move at the pace they need to publish a great mmo.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • I don't think this post will be the make or break. They missed deadlines on the oast roadmap and have learned from it.

No roadmap just get on with it and keep smashing the monthly updates.
  • Someone finally deciphered the road map sweeeeet.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited July 2022
    Alpha 2 when?

*this is a twitch meme for people that dont get it.
  • Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Alpha 2 when?

*this is a twitch meme for people that dont get it.

Nodes 3 when
  • I think you have them completely the wrong way around.

I'm expecting Release Date to be greater than Beta-2, which will be greater than Beta-1, which will be greater than Alpha-2. So, it should look like the following:

alpha 2 < beta 1 < beta 2 < release dates
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • We don't need dates. If they give dates and they fail to deliver it will just make people mad.
    They will let us know when they are ready. I'm sure they are just as excited as we are.
  • Norkore wrote: »
    We don't need dates. If they give dates and they fail to deliver it will just make people mad.
    They will let us know when they are ready. I'm sure they are just as excited as we are.

People can't be trusted, they don't care about development and understand the issues that come up. They just want everything now lol.
  • A2 will be confirmed once they know it's ready or near ready. Steven has said that and they don't want to promise a date now and have to rush or release with bugs just to make it happen. We already have too many games that does this now. If it's not ready, it's not ready.

I feel they are trying for a Q2 2023 A2 release and once they get close to achieving it then we will know officially.
  • 234234 Member
    cool idea
  • PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Im just hoping for a few large spot tests before alpha 2......... like maybe we see if the servers can stay up for a week. Or maybe we try and overwhelm the login que on a single server and see how that goes.
  • RoxiRoxi Member
    we need to understand that the following game systems should be ready for alpha2:
    1 world
    1.1. map (we were told that it was being remade)
    1.2. seasons and climate (we've seen it)
    1.3. events and quests (I think that this will not be shown to us on streams until Alpha2)
    2. character
    2.1. character editor (we saw it)
    2.2. all archetypes
    2.3. race Tulnar
    2.4. religion
    3. Fight
    3.1. active and passive skills
    3.2. skill trees
    3.3. ready sieges
    4. knots
    4.1. city ​​progress (up to level 5)
    4.2. relics (reliquary building)
    4.3. ownership
    5. maritime content
    6. economy
    6.1. craft classes
    6.2. auction
    etc.

until they make the basis of the presented items Alpha2 will not start.
    it can be assumed that they can introduce content into Alpha2 gradually (for example, auction, marine content, Tulnar). But for the start of Alpha2, the foundation must be ready (combat, archetypes, active and passive skills, and others)
    As soon as IS shows us the basics, I think we can prepare for the launch of Alpha2.
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited July 2022
    Roxi wrote: »
    we need to understand that the following game systems should be ready for alpha2

Should? Says who? :*

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png