Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

My Thoughts, part 2

Hello Again,

Every game is going to have gold sellers and some might even have bots, hell many will. But AIMBOT and other things that give people a chance to beat others in PVP is just something that should not happen. My example is New World, I know, I know that game has so much wrong with it you dont know where to start. I would start with the people that call themselves DEVs. From what I learned NONE of them have been DEVs before and some have never even worked on an MMO before this, and it would seem that most of them have never even played an MMO. But enough on the short comings of the people that call themselves DEVs. AIMBOTs are a plague in New World if all these bot users that say they are just this good are that good , then why are then still playing a dying game and not going pro or something. I have told Amazon, which I dont think they read anything sent to them, that they need to hire RL people to monitor bots and people using them in Real Time (RT) then record and 3 day ban them, next 7 day ban, next perm ban. Like Rust you all should have something that someone can look though the eyes of the player as they are playing and get the data status on where they are hitting how fast they are turning and hitting. New World looks great, but that is all it has going for it that is why it is dying. Something that Guildwars had that I dont see a lot of MMO have is a ONLY PVP part, maybe you did not want to RPG, you could come in make a toon and then just PVP, much like it was PUG or something. This was a good thing because everyone was equal with gear, it all came down to your build and play style.

Thank you for listening again.

Comments

• PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    TLDR

Doesnt like new world, bot are bad, cheats are bad.

Ashes is looking to keep out all code from outside the game, no macros or anything. On staff game masters in game. Permanent Bans for both gold sellers and buyers. And so on.... should be a very good attempt at halting/slowing issues. And the subscription concept helps limit that sort of thing a bit too.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    TLDR
    Really appreciate these, man. Reading walls is difficult sometimes :)
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    There will be active GMs and players can report other players/bots.
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Permanent Bans for both gold sellers and buyers. And so on.... should be a very good attempt at halting/slowing issues. And the subscription concept helps limit that sort of thing a bit too.

Do you have a quote for the permanent bans for gold buyers part?

also, idk why people think having a sub will help, 15$ sub fee does nothing to prevent that, WoW has a sub and it's one of the most RMT heavy mmo.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
    Liniker wrote: »
    Permanent Bans for both gold sellers and buyers. And so on.... should be a very good attempt at halting/slowing issues. And the subscription concept helps limit that sort of thing a bit too.

also, idk why people think having a sub will help, 15$ sub fee does nothing to prevent that, WoW has a sub and it's one of the most RMT heavy mmo.

I cant quote, no. Just from memory sorry. And its probably not perma bans for buyers, but i remember talk about going after both gold sellers and buyers.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

it's mentioned here: Game masters wiki

The sub wont stop the sellers but the time people invest in their character will deter buyers. Sellers will most likely have to invest time in characters to get them to a spot where they can farm. We will see but with how much data they are tracking, it shouldn't be hard for them to ban everyone involved in a transaction.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    They could always setup gold selling fronts every few months. Have a few interns advertise the new shop then ban any buyers that show up.

This would deter behavior at two levels: the immediate purchaser would be removed, and anyone hearing about Intrepid setting up fake stores would create paranoia that any store could be a fake store and result in a ban.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Liniker wrote: »

idk why you think WoW is comparable when they sell gold/game time with the WoW token and have a huge boosting meta.
  • Has one of these lame streamy-types being banging on about this lately? Every other thread is about it, like people don't have their own ideas unless they're being spoon-fed by a guy on a video screen...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    idk why you think WoW is comparable when they sell gold/game time with the WoW token and have a huge boosting meta.

so, can you name one game with Sub Fee that prevents RMT ?
    img]
    it's mentioned here: Game masters wiki

The sub wont stop the sellers but the time people invest in their character will deter buyers. Sellers will most likely have to invest time in characters to get them to a spot where they can farm. We will see but with how much data they are tracking, it shouldn't be hard for them to ban everyone involved in a transaction.

That page does not mention Gold Buyers, only sellers. I don't know of any game with a sub fee that deters RMT, the two most popular MMOs, WoW and FF14 both have box price + sub + pay for expansions and you can RMT as much as you want there are tons of websites selling gold, idk why people say this.

Ashes only has a 15$ sub, why would you think this would deter RMT ?

img]
    edited July 2022
    fpb1eynml9mw.jpg

We live in a world that is beginning to regulate technology more and more. RMTs getting out of hand will likely become a reason for the game to be banned from countries in the upcoming years. One of the reasons is gambling. Gambling virtual, worthless currency isnt a breach of most gambling laws, but once that currency is deemed to have a value, due to RMT suddenly your game is banned in the EU and other areas.
    Ashes only has a 15$ sub, why would you think this would deter RMT ?

As you said. Other games just put up with it so it isnt really desuaded in any way by a subscription fee.

Ashes, aiming for the only way to progress in the game to be playing it. Who is willing to go so far as permanent bans over it. Is costing you money and time, if you are willing to try and progress outside of the structures intended in the game.

I doubt itll be a huge deterrent. Its not an expensive subscription fee. But it is one in the least. Itty-bitty deterrent.
    Bump @Liniker