Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Regarding Node/City Names

XefjordXefjord Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Two questions:

1. Do players get to name each of the cities/nodes or do they have preset names?

2. If they have preset names, could there be race specific variations depending on who owns them?

Personally I would prefer preset names, because I don't really like how immersion breaking custom names can be for cities. And I would also like to see the nodes get custom names based upon the dominant race there.

Comments

• The exact system hasn't been set in stone yet, but I believe the players will get to choose a one from a list of names.

That way we avoid profanity or Towny McTownface.

The other idea was to have players choose the name and then have IS moderate it.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    No player-naming. Will probably have a list of predetermined names.

92/93 references here
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Nodes#Leadership_powers
  • I think a name suggestion would be good tho for RP purposes. As my clan (Lords of Dunheim) has already established lore for our time on Sanctus and names for our cities, I think requesting names through the developers would be fine. IE Naming our primary city Dunheim or Mt. Dunheim. This would give it more lore per server and allow the players and clans to have more emersion. This would 100% have to go through the Dev team for approval and should be limited to the controlling faction of a city.
  • They should let the community bring suggestions within a monthly contest.
    Intrepid then chooses 0-5 to add to the list each month.
    That would build community engagement
  • Warth wrote: »
    They should let the community bring suggestions within a monthly contest.

I would be down to do that, but I think we'd need a guideline of naming conventions by race, to keep it authentic and immersive.

That way the name is chosen by the first racial majority, and it carries on until somehow someday the Node decays back to level 0.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Asgerr wrote: »
    Warth wrote: »
    They should let the community bring suggestions within a monthly contest.

I would be down to do that, but I think we'd need a guideline of naming conventions by race, to keep it authentic and immersive.

That way the name is chosen by the first racial majority, and it carries on until somehow someday the Node decays back to level 0.

That's why intrepid would choose those that make it onto the list.

They can decide best whether its fitting or not.
  • Its always going to have to fall on Intrepid to approve the names or not. I like this idea tho! Maybe lock it to those that have payed into one of the Alpha packs as a free addon.