Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Mining in actual mines

What I'd like to see is mining in actual mines as opposed just searching in the forest/grass lands or only the tops of mountains. Maybe you have to clear out delves or dungeons and as you progress through them, you find locations to mine the resources. In many games it feels like gathering is just an afterthought and the resources are just sprinkled on, this end up creating a monotonous gathering system. What would also be nice is reading about a mountain pass that opened up as a result of killing a boss in the area and untill he re-emerges that spot will be open to mining. Just some thoughts I thought I'd share.

Comments

• And the mayor should be able to place some hired NPC guards at the entrance of the mines, for the greater benefit if his citizens.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • I am down for this. Heck, even having to setup a mine properly with wall supports, cart and tracks, etc could increase safety from cave-ins and increase mining output!
  • I would go even further and allow for logging camps, or cotton/jute farms for increased gathering of those mats as well!
  • It would be crazy if we could deplete the natural resources of Vera, just like we do in real life...
  • Bullvinne wrote: »
    It would be crazy if we could deplete the natural resources of Vera, just like we do in real life...

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Resources
    Ideas like land management- and as you draw resources from your surrounding area- what type of effect does that have on the land; and then also how effectively can you draw those resources without having such a deleterious effect on the land, which might impact future resource gathering for some period of time: And it makes relevant the movement of these players who are collecting these goods from the environment, that they actually cannot always just do so in one particular area, as the land management begins to degrade. So it actually encourages movement across the world to discover new areas that might not be as perturbed as the ones you're coming from. It's a very interesting idea. It's something that we're going to be prototyping in Alpha 2 and getting feedback on and testing.[29] – Steven Sharif
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • I would love this idea! Definitely expands on the idea of Node's land development and changes, and hour resource scarcity can change
    jlyhubmxm6w1.png

Founder and Guild Leader of -Providence-
  • I'm glad you all are into it. Hopefully it's already planned to be in the game, and if not, then I hope they see this thread.
  • Bullvinne wrote: »
    I am down for this. Heck, even having to setup a mine properly with wall supports, cart and tracks, etc could increase safety from cave-ins and increase mining output!

How would cave-ins work?
    Killing the player and other players (or you) finding your remains once the path is cleared again?
    Getting trapped inside waiting for resque?