Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Throne and Liberty systems similar to AoC & Their twist on them

Throne and Liberty is an MMO that should release this year, and I find it has a lot of similar systems to what Ashes is aiming for.
I will perhaps play it once it comes out as to get a feel for what works there and what doesn't and relay the information here.

One of the interesting added system they have it the Evil Deeds system. It's basically AoC's corruption for PKing, other players.

What TL has added as a different twist to it, is that PKs occurring at night, do not incur into Evil Deeds points being gained. Potentially under the fantasy that a dagger in the night is of unknown origin.

Do you think this could be an interesting option to add to AoC? If yes, how do you think it slots in and with what limitations?

Leaving this video by Force Gaming on Youtube. Could be a source for further discussion on the systems and ideas which you think could work with AoC's currently projected spectrum of systems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4sf3gh3-C4&ab_channel=ForceGaming
Sig-ult-2.png

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I will add my group's data from TL once it launches.

I believe that the 'no Evil Deeds at night' is a good and very interesting design if it is coupled with strong penalties during the day, and a few areas that act like that when not at night, but I don't think this matters a lot.

I don't think I'd want it in Ashes, but I don't know what Ashes' day/night cycle is actually supposed to be like.

If it is the one I'm used to, I don't think it would work well at all, particularly as it will be much more likely to be an easier game than TL seems to be in terms of open world mobs and coordination.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• NiKrNiKr Member
    It feels similar cause both are trying to continue Lineage 2's legacy. TL was supposed to be "L3". Kinda same as AA was back in the day. Steven played both L2 and AA and wanted to make a game that had their soul w/o the corporate corruption.

But TL will in fact have the very same corporate corruption that destroyed L2, which is why I don't trust it'll succeed. I hope I'm wrong and that NCsoft have somehow managed to change in this past decade but I somehow doubt that.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I dont think we need this night feature in AoC. It's a nice theme, but games dont have to mirror reality that much. Practicality and function should be the focus. No need to ease PKing.

T&L is the new name for Lineage 3 for those interested for a bit of info.
    Lol nikr.
  • ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do players drop lootable items when killed in TL? If so I imagine it would turn into a bloodbath at night.

TL has been on my radar for a while but I've not done any research in hopes I'm pleasently surprised.
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Oh, and as for dirty deeds which are done dirt cheap during the night, I think Ashes will have the same gameplay w/o the system-based control.

A ton of stuff in Ashes will be happening around server prime-time, so most BHs will be active and most guilds/parties will be running around together so PKing will be much harder (outside of some PKs during mob farming). While outside of prime-time you'll be more free to PK someone and try to grind off your corruption.

Obviously it won't be the same as TL's system, but it might also be for the better, cause as Elder said, TL's nights might be absolute bloodbaths and if the day/night cycle is only 3-4h in length - quite a lot of people will suffer due to that system. Obviously all the pvpers will love it, but, as we all know, there's way more pvers out there.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited August 2022
    There is no information really on this game on how it will work, so there is not answer really for any question. Has pvp, siege, pve, can change into mounts, seems to be action combatish and that is about all the information we know.

Edit* Also releasing this year on pc and consoles and counties with a global release. So fingers crossed my guild needs a mmo to play.
  • ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Otr wrote: »
    Elder wrote: »
    Do players drop lootable items when killed in TL? If so I imagine it would turn into a bloodbath at night.
    Why? Everybody will be more careful if those items are expensive enough.

The same reason people swarmed the wilderness in RuneScape before EoC killed it.

PvP can be a fun high risk, high reward play style.
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
  • NCSoft games will go down the exact road they have been for years.

Create artificial inconviniences to sell the solution in the cashshop.
    Make it unnecessairily hard to achieve certain things to encourage spending for progression.
    Ignore all problems related to hacking, botting, exploiting, as it is less of a problem in KR due to Social Security verification
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I expect it to be OK for TL. Too late in the already delayed release schedule to mess with the Ashes Corruption design... especially before we've even tested the original Corruption design.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NCSOFT :disappointed:

I might play if it's out before A2 just to get a feel for any of the systems that are similar to Ashes. P2W is guaranteed to be present of course, but if the P2W and P2Convenience aren't too bad, I might try it out for a bit.

Those siege golems look pretty bad ass I must say. I actually kinda liked the platform with legs. :D
  • I can eat chips while waiting for tacos. So, I’ll be playing it when it comes out. Why not?
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
    Dygz wrote: »
    I expect it to be OK for TL. Too late in the already delayed release schedule to mess with the Ashes Corruption design... especially before we've even tested the original Corruption design.

What are you talking about? The ppl making T&L made L2. What original? Why did I bother with this anyway... who cares.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    What are you talking about? The ppl making T&L made L2. What original? Why did I bother with this anyway... who cares.
    I think Dygz meant that the day/night PKing might work for TL, but thinking about it in Ashes is pointless cause we haven't tested the current system.
    Mb I read something very wrong.
  • PherPhurPherPhur Member
    edited August 2022
    NiKr wrote: »
    I think Dygz meant that the day/night PKing might work for TL, but thinking about it in Ashes is pointless cause we haven't tested the current system.

I don't think it works with AoC system anways.

If people don't want to worry about PvP they'll just do everything during the daytime.

The fun of AoCs system is that everyone is ultimately going to be forced into PvP situations, and how that effects the entire world both physically and socially is going to be drastic. And the games build upon that. PvP at night isn't a lot different than a battleground. I mean it SOUNDS cool, and it's certainly unique, but it lacks substance. The PvP in AoC is groundbreaking.

AoCs a beautiful blend of PvP and PvE, or so it appears. Though it does need at least one minor adjustment I can think of, but we'll see
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Certainly going to test and check the game out, also certainly expecting it to be P2W hell cuz we talking N C S O F T here, the game has hella potential if NCsoft don't go too savage with the monetization.

Yo @NiKr saw those some weeks ago do they remind you of anything? :D

8dfuqmdxi7s81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c17bebe28c1037502c1652d35efacab6f413a8d2}

3wdpyzkxi7s81.jpg
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I`m looking forward to giving it a go!
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Yo NiKr saw those some weeks ago do they remind you of anything? :D
    Holy hell, are these official or fanmade? Cause this is literally 2 items that defined ~5 years of my L2 gameplay. My very first character was a Silver Ranger with a BoP and my second favorite class is a Shillen Knight in full Doom and a Damascus (thx Excellion mvs). If these are official then TL is even more of a L3 than I thought it'd be :D
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Well ain't that a big ol' LOL
  • Now i'm expecting even more tons of L2 influence in TL
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited August 2022

I don't think it works with AoC system anways.

If people don't want to worry about PvP they'll just do everything during the daytime.

I think you're imagining that no one would PK during the day. Players will still PK, it just will have a repercussion which might incur into different experiences depending on how their Evil Deeds works.

The night time PKing would simply ramp that up and make one feel like one might have in a fantasy world at night with cutthroats and thieves and mercenaries all around.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited August 2022
    Certainly going to test and check the game out, also certainly expecting it to be P2W hell cuz we talking N C S O F T here, the game has hella potential if NCsoft don't go too savage with the monetization.

What leads me to believe it might not go crazy into the P2W stuff is that this game will not have a mobile version, which many P2W Korean titles have.

So perhaps they've learned from other similar games' failures and might restrain themselves.... at least a little.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Asgerr wrote: »
    Certainly going to test and check the game out, also certainly expecting it to be P2W hell cuz we talking N C S O F T here, the game has hella potential if NCsoft don't go too savage with the monetization.

What leads me to believe it might not go crazy into the P2W stuff is that this game will not have a mobile version, which many P2W Korean titles have.

So perhaps they've learned from other similar games' failures and might restrain themselves.... at least a little.

It will not have a direct mobile port yes but...

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/ncsoft-unveils-throne-and-liberty-and-project-e-with-new-trailers-and-details-2000124574

I still think it will not have as much p2w as other ncsoft titles but 'it not having a mobile port' is not why.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • I didn't realize we had much information on this game yet. Perhaps once we do it will be interesting to discuss it in detail.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    edited September 2022
    Didn't want to make a new thread for this, so necroposting.

Some new footage from the game. Bosses seem zergable (was kinda obvious before) and those sieges made me hella nostalgic cause it looked 1-to-1 like L2's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgOGjLvM_MA

And it seems you can play it with a controller so there's a potential for console play.
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Didn't want to make a new thread for this, so necroposting.

Some new footage from the game. Bosses seem zergable (was kinda obvious before) and those sieges made me hella nostalgic cause it looked 1-to-1 like L2's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgOGjLvM_MA

And it seems you can play it with a controller so there's a potential for console play.

It is slated to release on console for PS5 and XB.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦