Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Multi-people crafting

zumrokzumrok Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
So i have been wondering about crafting.

Would it be realistic to have some recipes that you need multiple people for?
Like siegeweapons/ships/ where the higher people relevant skill is, better the stats of the ships?
or to refine endgame materials you need to have a Fire class to assist the Blacksmith.

IT sounds unreasonable but how would you implement it?
i cant think of one Game that has done that

Would appreciate if people could tell Pro/cons of the idea

Have a good evening

Comments

• Options
    Hold that nail. I'll hit :smile:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What exactly would the requirement be, though?

Is this just 'one person is not allowed to do all the input mechanics for the craft themselves and they must coordinate'?

Or is the underlying value of their artisan skill relevant?

As for games that have done this, I play one, which is the reason I ask this.

It was added after launch and not VERY popular, but not a total flop of implementation either, they kept adding Synergy-only recipes for quite a while.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Something like "this recipe need 2 people in your party with relevant skills within a radius of the smithy"

Have machine 2 different parts of smithy and need 2 people to function?
    Or maybe they can add a minigame of sort. if you have
    (X amount of blacksmiths in your party to a cap) or the more blacksmiths at a certain proficiency increses chances

I have no clue how har that would be to implement
    What game are you talking about and how did they implement it?
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    Here you go.

An excerpt from that page:

- Note that even someone who has not completed the key item quest can participate in a party member's synergy attempt. If you need a particular player's craft skill to complete a synergy attempt, there is no need to make sure they have synergy skill unlocked, they can still help and participate (though they cannot get skillups if they have not done the quest.) You will use the actions below in combination to operate the furnace to perform synergy. Note that all party members involved can operate the device simultaneously. Be careful that multiple party members don't unintentionally perform the same action at the same time (e.g. adding too much fewell of the same type). You may wish to communicate ahead of time which party members will perform what actions.

I can summarize it if you wish, but the whole concept, even just as you describe it, is technically complex once you reach 'implementation'.

EDIT: You described something slightly different in your answer-post, since this doesn't do either of those things. It doesn't raise chances of success by how MANY you have, and technically it's just different people using one machine. Roles are assigned but not hard-assigned.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    Here you go.

An excerpt from that page:

- Note that even someone who has not completed the key item quest can participate in a party member's synergy attempt. If you need a particular player's craft skill to complete a synergy attempt, there is no need to make sure they have synergy skill unlocked, they can still help and participate (though they cannot get skillups if they have not done the quest.) You will use the actions below in combination to operate the furnace to perform synergy. Note that all party members involved can operate the device simultaneously. Be careful that multiple party members don't unintentionally perform the same action at the same time (e.g. adding too much fewell of the same type). You may wish to communicate ahead of time which party members will perform what actions.

I can summarize it if you wish, but the whole concept, even just as you describe it, is technically complex once you reach 'implementation'.

EDIT: You described something slightly different in your answer-post, since this doesn't do either of those things. It doesn't raise chances of success by how MANY you have, and technically it's just different people using one machine. Roles are assigned but not hard-assigned.

Thanks, my answer was just general thought how it could be solved. mb if i confused you