Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Oh, it's on Reddit.... *GROSS!*

The next time yours truly is in the market for the world's most-unsorted, loosely-affiliated articles, I'll find my Reddit login.

I've genuinely missed getting daily spam emails forever, per login - for anything that was on the screen *whatsoever*, while I was logged in.

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What?
    You drunk already this morning?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • If this is related to the AMA, yes, it's kinda weird that they said they'd look at questions on other platforms yet completely limited the AMA to reddit. I know that AMA is a reddit thing, but still.
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited October 2022
    NiKr wrote: »
    If this is related to the AMA, yes, it's kinda weird that they said they'd look at questions on other platforms yet completely limited the AMA to reddit. I know that AMA is a reddit thing, but still.

@NiKr got it.

I greatly enjoy watching the AMA features SS has done over the last few years. It's some great insights, cementing of previously-mentioned topics, and usually also some new, previously-unknown information. For anyone who wants to throw in some questions, the AMA ("Ask Me Anything") announcement went up on the forums, today - but the questions will come from Reddit.

I simply will NOT be using Reddit, anymore. I'll try it again in a few years and see if the format is better.

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Reddit is a platform better suited for AMA posts at this time.

For example, the thread is already at over 900 comments on Reddit after a single day. Once this has been up for some time, there will likely be many more questions. Sorting by upvotes makes doing something like this scalable.

Currently, the forums don't support that feature. However, we definitely want to do things such as this on the forums in the future and will be looking at ways to do so! ^_^

For now, I hope you're all able to submit questions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AshesofCreation/comments/xwfyjh/ashes_of_creation_ama_w_steven_livestream_friday/

I also hope to see you all on the livestream as Steven goes over the questions!
    community_management.gif
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    Reddit is a platform better suited for AMA posts at this time.

It's a good choice a lot of people have accounts already and it's good for marketing.

Dont let weird posts like this influence the use of adequent tools for simple tasks
  • Vyril wrote: »
    ....Dont let weird posts like this influence the use of adequent tools for simple tasks

I stand by my opinions on Reddit. There's no denying the platform's usefulness for things like gathering questions for AMA's - but it really could be made easier to navigate and find things on Reddit.

One of these AMA's is the very reason yours truly initially got Reddit, awhile back. After Steven's comments, I was simply hoping we'd have alternatives.

• Vyril wrote: »
    ....Dont let weird posts like this influence the use of adequent tools for simple tasks

I stand by my opinions on Reddit. There's no denying the platform's usefulness for things like gathering questions for AMA's - but it really could be made easier to navigate and find things on Reddit.

One of these AMA's is the very reason yours truly initially got Reddit, awhile back. After Steven's comments, I was simply hoping we'd have alternatives.

Yeah, I'm not interested in reddit either. They have a working forum here, where they hold their monthly livestream Q&A thread. I don't see why they need to reach out elsewhere.

Additionally, getting people to sign up to this forum means that Intrepid then have their email address for future marketing, so it's a win-win.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Vyril wrote: »

I agree with you about Reddit - it is even worse than Discord.

However, we have our monthly-ish question thread on these forums, and Steven answers questions on Discord often. IMO, it's more than fair that those people that prefer to get their misinformation, drivel and toxicity via Reddit also have an opportunity to ask Intrepid questions on their platform of choice.
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not interested in reddit either. They have a working forum here, where they hold their monthly livestream Q&A thread. I don't see why they need to reach out elsewhere.

Additionally, getting people to sign up to this forum means that Intrepid then have their email address for future marketing, so it's a win-win.

Reddit is such a massive platform and far more people are simply "on reddit" than will ever sign up for the forums here. That's fairly obvious, and I don't think anyone has any delusions on the matter there, but one does have to remember that reddit is part of the internet's evolution towards a more cohesive and centralized internet experience.

By directing a portion of their attention toward the greater internet community, they increase their reach. The larger the reddit community grows, the more exposure it has outside of the Ashes or even MMO community. It's simply good marketing to do this.

I say all this, of course, as someone who doesn't particularly use or care for reddit as a whole. I just think it's worth pointing out that, as a business, it's a good tool for IS to utilize.
  • GetDatGreg wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »

Reddit is such a massive platform and far more people are simply "on reddit" than will ever sign up for the forums here. That's fairly obvious, and I don't think anyone has any delusions on the matter there, but one does have to remember that reddit is part of the internet's evolution towards a more cohesive and centralized internet experience.
    It's like going to a central Auction Center to sell the game about no central Auction Centers. :smiley:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • edited August 2023
    Haha, Reddit can be like a whirlwind of randomness, where you stumble upon everything from life-changing advice to the weirdest memes. It's a place where, one moment you're discussing serious world issues, and the next you're deep into a thread about the best way to cook scrambled eggs.But you know what? Despite the chaos, there's something oddly addictive about Reddit. It's like a digital treasure hunt, and every upvote feels like a little victory. And if you ever decide to take the plunge and join the Reddit community, you might want to consider those old karma Reddit accounts.
  • SpifSpif Member
    The next time yours truly is in the market for the world's most-unsorted, loosely-affiliated articles, I'll find my Reddit login.

I've genuinely missed getting daily spam emails forever, per login - for anything that was on the screen *whatsoever*, while I was logged in.

You probably just need to spend a little time in the options. Reddit is perfectly usable once you have the interface set. I did that ~10 years ago and it's still fine, even though I don't hang out there much aside from a couple of game and EV forums. You can also turn off spam.

As far as most-unsorted? It's an upvote/popularity and age sorting algo. Stuff is designed to age out fairly quickly unless stickied