Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The character models: Skyrim npcs.

Hello people,

I want us to talk about the elephant in the room, the character models. They look like skyrim npc's. Bland and so 2010. We know UE3 gave birth to the godly delicious character models which we see in Lost Ark. Surely UE5 can do better.

Now i understand that LA has nowhere the same level of customization, but i think that we should get some seriously more sexualised characters out here. Yeah i said it! I want the characters to look like the top 0.2% of humanity. Right now they just seem bland, boring, interesting only by the virtue of the varied races.

What do you neets think? Some vixen and chad professionally made presets that look like LA's bombshells would be a great addition imo, and then we can build onto those.

Comments

• Options
    no thanks...
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    just shut up man... seriously, go play some other KR game.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Hello people,

I want us to talk about the elephant in the room, the character models. They look like skyrim npc's. Bland and so 2010. We know UE3 gave birth to the godly delicious character models which we see in Lost Ark. Surely UE5 can do better.

Now i understand that LA has nowhere the same level of customization, but i think that we should get some seriously more sexualised characters out here. Yeah i said it! I want the characters to look like the top 0.2% of humanity. Right now they just seem bland, boring, interesting only by the virtue of the varied races.

What do you neets think? Some vixen and chad professionally made presets that look like LA's bombshells would be a great addition imo, and then we can build onto those.

I feel you will get this once they are finished their characters and working on kitting out the character creator. It is suppose to be on the same level as BDO if not higher. And im sure the armour sets are based on sex and not gender neutral (there for not making everyone look like a base generic male)

I 100% want my female character to look female though.
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    5vvn7cga91yu.jpg
  • Options
    Eesh- awkward
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    someone wanna fap to his char. hey no kink shaming
  • Options
    I see the hate, but i see no counterarguments? Only some virtue signaling shit. Use arguments of gtfo.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Hello people,

specific aspects of a games character model choices attract or repeal specific groups of gamers.

Ashes has said they are not interested in hyper-sexualized character models such as those found in some games (Lost Ark potentially being one such game).

As an argument, the above needs nothing else added to it. Intrepid are aware that their character model decisions will have an impact on the players that do and do not play Ashes. They have decided which group of these people they want, and perhaps more importantly, which group they do not.

As to the characters looking "boring", you are talking about a game that is still in early alpha testing (as in, isn't even being beta tested yet), vs a game that has been live for almost 3 years.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Noaani wrote: »
    specific aspects of a games character model choices attract or repeal specific groups of gamers.
    AHH! The FF14 villains that dare have fun in game and those pesky wow tavern RP's that are pure evil. MMO's attract mmo players. LA and Overwatch character models had 0 effect on the game dynamic and PR what so ever. And they still attract the same playerbase: wow, eso, osrs, fff etc.
    They have decided which group of these people they want, and perhaps more importantly, which group they do not.
    Makes no sense, but mehh, their right. Americans are perverted af but somehow want to be looked at as prudes. I don't get it, but hey, i'm european, we kiss on the cheeks and don't sperg out at the idea of a nudist beach.
    As to the characters looking "boring", you are talking about a game that is still in early alpha testing (as in, isn't even being beta tested yet), vs a game that has been live for almost 3 years.
    True.

As for the other people's responses, they do need to put up and argument if they want any relevance. They seem as disingenuous and not worth considering.
    If i were to have said that i find the character models in their expo video of character models and customization bland and dated as they look like old skyrim models and that we have seen in other games the potential of UE5 if far greater than the models they showed us. And that by this reasoning i'm asking that maybe they should create some highly detailed, professionally made character models in addition to the 'stock' ones, as it would increase the attachment of the player to the character, i would not have received those purely emotional responses.
    But they skimed my text, saw the trigger words and virtue signaled. Not even bothering with the intent of said text.
  • Options
    ScarbeusScarbeus Member
    edited October 2022
    Use arguments of gtfo.

Better suggestion: use discussion. There's already too much arguing going on on these forums.

Anyway as for the topic, I'm sure there's going to be much more coming out for the character gen that we won't get to see the most of until A2 is out. It may even develop even further from then. Don't forget "They look like Skyrim NPC's" because it's early alpha and the game is a long way from finished.

As for armour, it'd be a welcome change to see actual armour on characters for once. What's the point of putting a suit of armour on a female torso if it just covers her chest and upper back? She'd just get gutted. Going for armour that makes you look like a badass rather than something 'sexy' as some people would call it get's my vote. It's not prudish, just preference for video games where I go to have fun.

r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    BaltanBaltan Member
    edited October 2022
    🙄
    So an entire player base should be subjected to this because you're to lazy to alt+tab or use your phone? Plenty of Korean MMOs have you covered if you're more interested in triple Es and lingerie armor....