Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Player lycanthropy: Werewolves

I will throw a bunch player driven content ideas in the forum, here it goes:

Somehow players will acquire lycanthropy and will turn into Werewolves on full moons at night.
Could be completely random players, could be a quest.
  • powerful in combat, can be used for PvE
  • in PvP suffers no corruption
  • howls very loudly while boosting, should be heard from a great distance
  • If the player is killed while in werewolf mode then he gets cured
  • being a werewolf is a secret
  • name is hidden or could have a werewolf name
  • should be able to gank even guild members
  • should be able to do a riitual that heals him from lycanthropy
  • if others suspect of him, they should be able to do the ritual and heal him regardless his consent

If the werewolf tells people that he is the werewolf then it's up to the people to decide if he is a chill werewolf so they can work together.

If a guild is very careful and patient, they could get lucky and have many werewolves in the guild, but only at night during the full moon.
PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments

• Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    this feels unnecessary and has no purpose. of all the ideas, this is the worse of the lot.

should we also add, detective? tracker? mafias? jesters?
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    anakim transformation...
  • Options
    novercalis wrote: »
    this feels unnecessary and has no purpose. of all the ideas, this is the worse of the lot.

Gamewise is not necessary at all

It's a roleplay thing and player oriented, you could become buddies with other werewolves and form a band of werewolves, you could come as a werewolf to a dungeon that is very hard

Could come to defend the forests from trespassers, etc.

It's also cool having a dark secret in a game

This would be for fun only
    Maybe in the future in a Halloween update
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited November 2022
    novercalis wrote: »

https://www.ashesofcreation.wiki/Monster_coins
    Monster coins enable players to play as monsters within the monster coin event system. This ranges from playing as a horde of zombies, to becoming a massive dragon.[5][6]

It's kinda in the game already and this looks terrific, this is awesome!

But I think should be able to have a second life as an occasional monster on the side ;)

Maybe this could be done with a new coin?
  • Options
    Sounds fun as a Halloween event. This also reminded me of how cool it would be if we could have some night lightning for all areas and seasons, but it's too hard to implement... Maybe would be great idea for expansion in future. And could have some gameplay variations from daylight and moonlight light and darkness
  • Options
    I like the idea of things like Werewolves and vampires, Special Priests and Witcher type RPG mostly for they idea that you can become one of these and unlock or gain odd passives like.... Witcher gain more resources and buffs back when using Pots, Vamps move faster at night, WW have better health regen when in human form. Priests are immune to dark magic status effects...

These types of Ideas are great especially if they have minor effects on combat which add to the emersion effect of how you want to RP you character.

Hopefully the Religions will introduce things like this into the game loop.

MORE USEABLE SKILLS AND PASSIVES !!!
  • Options
    You mean just like eso
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    You mean just like eso

I will say just like pop culture

Even Asmongold suggested having werewolves in AoC, but he said that in relation to the monster coins, but I am saying this for offering a secret fun life for players based on player driven content

In my view, if you are a werewolf you should turn every night of full moon, you would have to be killed as a werewolf or do a quest for curing this
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    the concept of being a werewolf having tings that benefits pve, pvp or adds another layer (and advantage) to the core system of AoC isnt a good idea.

Becuase everyone will want to become one. pvp, wars etc will try to work around moon cycles to use to their advantage. Remember, we are humans, gamers who will utilize every + % mechanics in the game for a advantage. The best gear, pot, food buff, random buff from the most annoying zone, etc to do raid content (looking at wow). Now you're adding something another thing for ppl to chase down.

in the end, as for this topic - I dont think you can convince me or change my view on this. Just fully against it in other ways as well.
  • Options
    Yes, its an advantage that can be taken away from you any time you try using it, if you die you lose this power, also such power would be usable only for a few hours sometimes every few days... you don't even know if you will be online

If you get killed, you lose it, this is not granted

People have many advantages in MMO already and they can have those for granted:
    • the guy who can play 12 hours a day
    • the people who are in a very large guild
    • streamers being carried by their followers
    • credit card warriors
    and so on

People should have a a menu of advantages all around for everybody, people could take it and lose it
    Nothing of those are granted

If you want to extinguish some advantageous gameplays you will just kill the casuals
  • Options
    this is gonna be a thing where it becomes mandatory tho.

Raid time - if you dont have Werewolf, you're not in the raid.
    with food/pots that make sense.

not everyone can be a streamer with followers - thats a bad faith arguement

this is a requirement for all large guilds, hardcore serious guilds.

Let's use Vanilla WoW

Alright everyone, make sure if you want to join the raid you have the following:

Mandatory

ZG Buff (Was super annoying to do as a req)
    Food Buff
    Blasted Land Buff

then arrive to City before we drop Onyxia Head for World Buff and while you are in town, make sure you get bitten by our alt Werewolf

And Lastly the windblossom buff (another rather annoying buff to fly to, find and get)

All you are doing is adding another stupid thing to the list of requirements.
    Guilds are gonna ensure they alwys have an alt with WW and always plan to work around full moon cycles. Wether they intent to raid, timed a war to fall on a full moon, for BH, for Night Time Pirates. It's just alters so much and it becomes a MUST HAVE META. fuck that
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    a thing where it becomes mandatory
    It's random and the player may lose it, mandatory on random? that's kinda being mandatory winning the lotery

what you are saying makes no sense in this subject, would have sense in something else that players can opt for
    "Raid time - if you dont have Werewolf, you're not in the raid.

This is unreal, because just for a few hours in a full moon then a random someone would be onine and be a werewolf, so this argument is invalid in this case
    not everyone can be a streamer with followers - thats a bad faith arguement
    i think that because you fail to see the point, the whole point is that people have this or that advantage anyway due to real life circustances and you want to strip away some momments of random happiness from random people
    "this is a requirement for all large guilds, hardcore serious guilds."
    People can't control this, no one has control over who will be turned, this argument is also invalid, besides if someone becomes a Werewolf the guy will lose this if he dies

Vanilla WoW is garbage since always, otherwise I would still be there
    adding another stupid thing
    Things like this are already in the game
    https://www.ashesofcreation.wiki/Monster_coins

I loved the concept of monster coins and guess what, Asmongold loved it too he is a community guy and I am a player driven content guy, we can see eye to eye in this
    "MUST HAVE META. fuck that""
    There is no meta over random things, your argument is not valid
    what you are saying is valid for stuff that are actually doable by grinds or credit card
    Guilds are gonna ensure they alwys have an alt with WW and always plan to work around full moon cycles. Wether they intent to raid, timed a war to fall on a full moon, for BH, for Night Time Pirates.

"will always make sure" kinda, that's a funny one :D

hardcore guilds can't control randomness
    there will be many tools and gear and mounts and large numbers, they can possibly lock dungeons, but you are worried that a random someone brings a Werewolf

Well, there will be royal mounts, why aren't you concerned about that?
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Royal_mounts
    Flight capable royal mounts are also dropped from World bosses as eggs. These mounts will have a life-span likely between 15 to 30 days (online and offline time)[3]

Those mounts can actually be farmed from World bosses, that is the stuff big guilds will look for

Don't take the Werewolf out of reach from random casual people, cause that makes no sense while people have many other tools available to them and within their reach

Casuals, solo players, people from small guilds won't have those nice things probably, people need more oportunities in life and in AoC, let it be some happy random stuff and not everything should be grindable

No one knows why you are salty and unpolite about something like that, there's even Monster Coins in AoC, but monster coins are event based. But this tells us that the system is already in AoC, probably there would be a Monster Coin for Werewolves as a surprise for the community

So I have no idea why you are throwing those stuff since they make no sense in the actual context

You gotta grasp the idea of random players will sometimes have powerful tools too, even if it's just becoming a Werewolf for a few hours after many days... if they die they will lose this power and the guy could not even be online during an ingame nigh on full moon

The stuff you are saying would make sense somewhere else, but not here because this thing is not under player's control and they can lose it
  • Options
    Not a fan of player werewolves or vampires in mmos.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    As someone who played a ton of dungeon and dragons (tabletop) I love more options for my games when you consider character customization. However, this can't be something everyone can get. World of warcraft actually did it best where it was a group of people with the affliction (human worgen) who were the playable race even though elves could also be worgen.

And considering we will have Tulnar in the game, I don't really see the hole this sort of addition would fill. So imma have to say no on this one.
    5000x1000px_sathrago_commission_ravenjuu_1.jpg?ex=665ce6c0&is=665b9540&hm=1fa03cbbd9ea4d641eaf4ca6f133d013d392b1968d6ca9add7d433259c509d09&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    How is it random when you said

"Could be completely random players, could be a quest."

AND

"If a guild is very careful and patient, they could get lucky and have many werewolves in the guild, but only at night during the full moon."

which insinuate you can control it, pass it to others.

As for the Monster coin - I got no comments until I see it in-game and how it goes. But with that said - there's already monster coins - no need for this system.

"No one knows why you are salty and unpolite about something like that,"

I'm not. It's a stupid idea imho. If you dont like my opinion, oh fucking well. you're the one getting bent out of shape. Did I call you salty when you left me this respond

maybe this is applicable to you on this idea:

"I was going to comment something, then I realized you didn't say anything.

I said this because you didn't bring anything to the table, you are just playing with your imagination right now about how you imagine how the mood will probably be"

in the end, all I see from this is a system that will be abused and/or meta.

"This is unreal, because just for a few hours in a full moon then a random someone would be onine and be a werewolf, so this argument is invalid in this case"

Once the game is out, we will know what the day cycle will look like and thus able to predict what time nights will be. Thus you can schedule a raid time and log into that Werewolf Alt to give to others based on the insinuation you have asserted in the OP.

in PvP suffers no corruption

let me go on a rampage and PK the shit out of everyone, every single level 1 player until they rage quit. BRILLIANT.

you had some good ideas, this isnt one of them. Stop being salty, cause I am petty af if you wanna trade barbs n choose that route.

I called your idea dumb, not you. and maybe you skipped or didnt read one of my earlier respond where I said "in the end, as for this topic - I dont think you can convince me or change my view on this. Just fully against it and in other ways as well."
  • Options
    i dont like any of these ideas, besides we have monstercoin events maybee a wherewolf theme there would be acceptable
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Options
    I can't support this knowing it is just the furry agenda trying to create an ERP outlet in AoC
    GJjUGHx.gif