Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Topic about farming and few questions about it...

How will farming work, are we going to get some vendors that sell seeds or will we get seeds in open world from some plants that are realistic to have seeds when harvested (example would be hemp). If you ever had a close touch with herbs like hemp or marijuana you would find a lot of seeds inside plant's harvestable goods. Other plants such as some plants that bees go on to, usually these plants are used for tea in my country and are found in nearby hills (montenegro, boka kotorska, Crna Gora) and you can't find seeds into these flowers, maybe there is some way to harvest these seeds, but I am not expert on it.

So basically I am asking will we have vendors that sell some seeds and how will devs design it, so that it is good gold sink. My idea is to have few seeds to grow flower plants that are very expensive (about 1hr farming per seed - grows 1 small flower that gives good materials to master alchemists that craft potions/flasks with them), this would be nice gold sink and it would create simple and easy solution to expensive consumables which can be good individual gold sink also it would create more reasonable prices rather then having opportunity to buy 1000 potions/flasks per 1hr of farming.

As you can see, my only concern is economy. I do not like any game that has theme-park economy which includes less grinding and overall less reasonable prices, when I say reasonable prices I mean both very high gold per / h and very low prices on market (usually consumables are worth nothing and gear is worth a lot - only BiS items though)

AoC is aiming to have so many professions that it looks perfect mmo for those that wish to do economy. I am just worried how will they do food/alchemy professions, because if they do these professions poorly then sustainable individual gold sink is very bad, mainly argument is that you want these flasks/potions every day and if you wanted ship you needed 1 ship only (depending how long it will last also or will you have opportunity to repair it, or you lose it when its destroyed)

Also one more thing: I would make all rare seeds (even if they are bought from expensive vendor) harvestable by anyone, no matter if you wanted to master gathering, why? To have better market, it will be pricy because of how much it costs via vendor, but it will be even more pricy because only master alchemist would be able to make high end potions/flasks via this plant.

For food I have no idea what can you do to make expensive consumable buffs. I don't even know if we going to have hunger in game, it also can be good way of individual gold sink.

Also one more question, I saw wiki on harvesting via farming, but I have no idea will they make some harvestable seeds only harvestable via master gatherer / herbalist... I would not prefer this at all, it can ruin economy. I would rather ''design'' prices by expensive seeds via vendor then having master gatherer to be. I have no clue what benefits master gatherer will get, I hope its only bonus materials per plant / material. Maybe also some very rare herbs in open world that are not harvestable on farms.

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for the comments, Veko!

On freeholds and houses in nodes, we will have land that the player owns. I would hope that plants that are growing on the owned property could only be harvested by the owner or their designate. I am pretty sure that this is the plan.
  • Options
    One more question if you can answer me pls, can we share houses or is it when someone buy house its only his house? also how many houses are there...

Do I need to save gold and spend it on house, because if thats the case I better be prepared for that... :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One more question if you can answer me pls, can we share houses or is it when someone buy house its only his house? also how many houses are there...

Do I need to save gold and spend it on house, because if thats the case I better be prepared for that... :cold_sweat:

You need to buy a house or a Freehold, yes.

Housing is limited to the number of spaces in a Node if you want a 'specific location', but your Mayor might build apartments.

You can also get a 'Freehold' with a big investment which is housing you can place in the world near a Node.

You can share housing ACCESS with others.

Prepare your savings account.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.