Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freehold Addition

KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
You will be able to place all kinds of things on your freehold, farms, stables, fish ponds, etc. I would like to see an area outside, where you can place anything you want. Furniture so you can relax outside, armor and weapon stands so a blacksmith can show there crafts, or just as a place to show off your rare and or collectable items. What do you think? any other non processing areas you would like to see on a freehold?

Comments

• Options
    That would be a nice addition indeed, it would be cool to see crafts or rare collectables publicly displayed on freeholds. I guess it could also be nice to have players show off their rare pet(s) or mount(s) on their freeholds - especially for those with the animal husbandry profession (as a potential way of marketing).

Another thing that could be fun to show off is perhaps the medals or such which players perhaps receive after clearing very hard dungeons or having participated in some kind of world event/boss.
  • Options
    ZainoxZainox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would love to be able to place trees and plants outside of my buildings. I've seen FF14 do this kinda thing with their system. You can decorate inside and outside of the building as long as it's within your property area.
    Axarashi wrote: »
    I guess it could also be nice to have players show off their rare pet(s) or mount(s) on their freeholds - especially for those with the animal husbandry profession (as a potential way of marketing).
    I feel like I've seen them mention this as a possibility in the past. So, it maybe a thing we get.
  • Options
    Gui10Gui10 Member
    edited January 2023
    Krakhun wrote: »
    You will be able to place all kinds of things on your freehold, farms, stables, fish ponds, etc. I would like to see an area outside, where you can place anything you want. Furniture so you can relax outside, armor and weapon stands so a blacksmith can show there crafts, or just as a place to show off your rare and or collectable items. What do you think? any other non processing areas you would like to see on a freehold?

From my understanding, there will be a limited area you can place on. However, maybe its possible for the fence and gate of that area to be inside a few meters from the actual grid

Or maybe actually the fence and gate could be optional and you will place it however you want so that you may utilize the "outside" area.

However, I believe it wont be the case. I believe fence and gate will be the limit, because of realism and prventing outter player from running to an invisible wall.

EDIT: it is a good idea though, I would like to see it!
  • Options
    Assuming that stuff can be stolen by other players, I think it's a grand idea. I wouldn't put my "rare and collectible items" on my front lawn and expect that they wouldn't be stolen.

Ofc, the freehold owner could hire guards or have other security to partially mitigate the risk of theft.
  • Options
    ZainoxZainox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    mcnasty wrote: »
    Assuming that stuff can be stolen by other players

I would personally hate that. I want to decorate my place to look nice. I dont want to have to worry about getting robbed all the time.
  • Options
    KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 2023
    mcnasty wrote: »
    Assuming that stuff can be stolen by other players, I think it's a grand idea. I wouldn't put my "rare and collectible items" on my front lawn and expect that they wouldn't be stolen.

Ofc, the freehold owner could hire guards or have other security to partially mitigate the risk of theft.

yeah, I am assuming they would let us lock things down so others can't pick them up and they don't despawn.
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Items can not be stolen as they will be allowing us to set up NPC stalls to sell wares and IIRC other users (uncertain w/ or w/o permission) be able to use crafting/processing tools in your freehold.
    However they can PVP inside of your freehold, just they can't PvP against you (and vice versa)
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Freeholds can only be robbed after the node is successfully sieged.

It seems that displaying cool things would be an added motivation to siege that node in order to steal the cool things. I suppose that is another application of 'risk versus reward.'