Idle Animations for Characters. Suggestions

Hi! I got some ideas/suggestions about Idle animations for sitting/standing and weapons. Would be nice to see different option for this in the game. Maybe in the future, postures and idle weapon stances can be obtained by different things in game like events and such :)

Weapon Idle Animation
It would be nice if the weapon the character is wearing would have the option to have different idle animations if they desire.
This is a nice way for people to express themselfe.

Instead of showing the same idle animation for everyone with the same weapon type it would be nice to have some different options like the longsword i am showing in the pictures.
Weapon_Idle.jpg
Weapon_idle_show.jpg

Final Fantasy 14 has a very good weapon idle animations that transitions from a stance to another in a very smooth way.
I will post a video about it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8aX6JHUNPQ&list=PLUoWkd4lbepEhiGjG-v7X-HVKVaHHnXDm&index=38

Sitting Idle Animation
It would be nice if people had options to chose a sitting animation that lets them express themself, on the ground or on chairs and such.
At the moment everyone in the game sits the same.
Sitting_idle.jpg

Here is some suggestion/ideas for sitting postures.

Sitt_animations_MMO.jpg
Sitting_poses_mmo_ashes.jpg

Final Fantasy 14 has a very good sitting postures that you can change between in a very nice smooth transition. This posture change is an emote called "Change pose".
This "Change pose" changes both ur idle standing pose/sitting pose/lay down pose and weapon pose.
I will post a video about how it looks in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42G32qfvhYc

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm not sure I want these things to be choosable. I feel they should just be inherent. The toons lack a lot of 'life' at the moment and switches in positions and little animation cycles in pauses would add a lot of life to the toons.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • I definitely like this idea!

I hated that the sitting animations in WoW were race- and gender specific, and I almost laughed out loud when I saw the idle 2h sword animation.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Thats a yes for me!
    It give so much RP-Feeling if you can choose how your own Character-Idle-Animation

Its really awkward at some point if 20 People have the Exact same Stand-Animations and everyone sits the same way.

BUMP
    :)
    uwu
  • not just for idle, it would be great if u can change other animations to.
    maybe walking with 2h sword, maybe like dragging it on floor, etc
    also i feel like for combat animation it should affect ur attacking, like if u drag 2h sword u have faster 1st swing and a big higher dmg, cuz like gravity does it own thing and stuff like that
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    This would definitely help players make their characters unique without any kind of performance change.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am 100% for this idea as long as it either doesn't dely launch or is added post launch.
    I am all for customization as much as possible.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Agree - The player characters at the moment are really lacking in personality. They need diversity and life to the animations.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I also want to be able to just 'stand with arms folded' as an 'emote'/idle stance.

Some games give you this option as a reaction that only lasts a short time, but I actually don't know why it's limited, since it's such an incredibly low animation requirement. Just 'fold arms' and then 'stay like that'.

I'm very much in support of different idle animations, particularly sitting ones. Customizable /sit is really immersive when you get used to it, I think, and it's a shame to lack it.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.