Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha 2 HAS to be this year.

I don't say that because I hope it to be this year, but because it is necessary that it is. If Alpha 2 isn't this year, it's very likely that Ashes of Creation will be DOA. While excitement for the game remains high, it's waning. The community is desperate to play Alpha 2, even if it's not finished, even if it's full of bugs, even if there is very limited class and race selection. If they have to wait a whole nother year to play it, most won't want to play it at all and those who do will be dissatisfied, "we've waited this long for game development, for THIS?!". It won't matter that it's just an Alpha, they will be upset, no matter how good it is.
Intrepid, it HAS to be this year.
0vsxntxgzupq.png

Comments

• novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    its not. deal with it. If you listen to Steven words the past 4 videos, there is a lot of implications that suggest A2 is in the horizon.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Here we go again ...
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ok, I'll bite.

Lets say what you're saying is 100% correct. Unless AOC Alpha 2 starts before Dec 31, 2023, it will fail, Intrepid will run out of money, and the studio will scrap the project because community/playerbase has lost faith and interest.

My counter to this.

How would dropping a broken mess do anything but further erode faith and interest in the project. It's better to have nothing to show and leave some optimism, than release a disaster and remove all doubt that your project sucks.

You go to a restaurant, and you order the fried chicken. The waiter comes out and goes "sir, we need another 5 min for your food" and you demand they give it to you now, and the chicken comes out raw, are you going to praise this restaurant for your wonderful meal? Would you have maybe preferred waiting that 5 min and getting actually cooked chicken?

Why are you trying to each raw chicken? That's how you get Salmonella and have digestive distress. Do you want to shit your pants? Why would you want other people to shit their pants?

Why are you demanding that everyone needs to shit their pants?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Karthos wrote: »
    Why are you trying to each raw chicken? That's how you get Salmonella and have digestive distress. Do you want to shit your pants? Why would you want other people to shit their pants?

Don't kink shame.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Even if we count all Asmon's viewers as "fans" of the game eagerly waiting for the release - that's gonna be a drop in the ocean of the playerbase on release. But if the game is trash on release then that amount of people won't matter. And if alpha2 being delayed helps them to make the game not trash - so be it.
  • It is easy to look at guilds putting out statements like Enclaves or their monthly live streams and think that a problem is there. Its easy to forget that while they showcased us tank this month that by no mean indicates where they have progressed on environment, quests, etc. We see a tiny snippet and when we focus on that snippet it is SOOOOO easy to think, uh oh we are in trouble.

Maybe they need to release an Alpha this year, but I would wager its no more than a goal on their list and far from a need.
  • NishUKNishUK Member
    edited February 2023
    Ashe's can go as slow as it needs too aslong as it continues to show promise on the monthly streams.

Riot MMO no media shown whatsoever, probably will take forever or not at all.
    Throne and Liberty will be a specific audience, Archeage 2 will possibly be the same but may want to expand to be more casual friendly but quite unlikely.

It has no reason to rush out at all, quit your blabberings and learn to get high on other games or life in the meantime! :|
  • Terrible take that leads to poor products.
  • A2 this year, release 2025.
    ob4olqinudwv.png

discord.gg/pFCdaWM - Building a community across multiple games,
    including Ashes of Creation! Looking for members of all kinds to really pour
    our all into the Alpha 2, Betas, and then launch.
  • KingDDDKingDDD Member
    edited February 2023
    Alpha 2 should be as close to ready-for-release content-wise whenever it becomes available. They already have your money, why would they need to launch it?
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't say that because I hope it to be this year, but because it is necessary that it is. If Alpha 2 isn't this year, it's very likely that Ashes of Creation will be DOA. While excitement for the game remains high, it's waning. The community is desperate to play Alpha 2, even if it's not finished, even if it's full of bugs, even if there is very limited class and race selection. If they have to wait a whole nother year to play it, most won't want to play it at all and those who do will be dissatisfied, "we've waited this long for game development, for THIS?!". It won't matter that it's just an Alpha, they will be upset, no matter how good it is.

No, no they don't have to.

What do you think alpha 2 is?
    What are you expecting in alpha 2?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • OP is beeing impatient and listening to the portion of content creators where AoC actually is NOT for. In addition it looks like OP just wants to play AoC instead of what Alpha 2 is for and that is testing, itteration and feedback.
  • I don't say that because I hope it to be this year, but because it is necessary that it is. If Alpha 2 isn't this year, it's very likely that Ashes of Creation will be DOA

Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Whether it releases in 2023, 2024, 2025 or later, DOA is out of the question, irrelevant, unscientific and plain hateful.

You are literally trying to intimidate IS lol.

From what I heard in the january stream, they said "a lot of work ahead for this year".

Also, 2022 ended without a bang, and I believe 2022 was the year of tool building.

Specifically, the environment tool that was showcased, and also the skill development tool (creating, modifying, adding sounds, effects, augments, etc spoken about in the warrior showcase stream). These tools enable the IS team to fuilly utilize the Unreal Engine systems. and I believe that these tool were mostly DONE in 2022, now 2023 will be the time to deploy them.

I believe 2023 is a big year in preperation for 2024, which will be an even bigger year and potentially an A2 release. Development will accelrate in 2023 now that these tools are built, specially the skill tool, for showcasing upcoming classes.

• pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Karthos wrote: »
    Ok, I'll bite.

Lets say what you're saying is 100% correct. Unless AOC Alpha 2 starts before Dec 31, 2023, it will fail, Intrepid will run out of money, and the studio will scrap the project because community/playerbase has lost faith and interest.

My counter to this.

How would dropping a broken mess do anything but further erode faith and interest in the project. It's better to have nothing to show and leave some optimism, than release a disaster and remove all doubt that your project sucks.

You go to a restaurant, and you order the fried chicken. The waiter comes out and goes "sir, we need another 5 min for your food" and you demand they give it to you now, and the chicken comes out raw, are you going to praise this restaurant for your wonderful meal? Would you have maybe preferred waiting that 5 min and getting actually cooked chicken?

Well said.

Myself, I find it rather inconvenient to crap my trousers.
  • Clickbait. Carry on…
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

The companies that are going to borrow Stevens ideas are the companies that Steven got the ideas from, I'm not entirely worried about it. They couldn't execute it the first time, I expect them to fuck it up again.

Being fickle is a personal problem, they'll get what they'll get. The sheer magnitude and scope of the game was obvious, the lack of communicative clarity however is not.
  • look.... if Star Citizen can take their time (cough.. cough) then so can AoC
  • RazThemunRazThemun Member
    edited February 2023
    For some it may be a deal breaker and they never play. But reality is millions have never heard of this game. So all it takes is a few hundred thousand to hear about it the week of launch and intrepid is fine. So many people didn't really hear about new world and jumped in after launch, wow was the same... oh my buddy is playing this, I have never heard of it, but it sounds fun. What needs to happen is a fun game release and it be enjoyable. As far as the comment about people won't want to play it if it is not this year.... what are you going to play?! This is the issue! There are minimal options and there will continue to be minimal options. This game could release in 2040 and people still play it if other game studios aren't producing anything.
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    , "we've waited this long for game development, for THIS?!".

It won't matter that it's just an Alpha, they will be upset, no matter how good it is.

So which one is it?

Does it need to be right?
    Or does it need to be right now?

Your own argument is that people will be upset no matter how good it is. But you also say "we've waited this long for game development for THIS?!"

Alpha 2 needs to release when it is a production quality level of Alpha 2 expectations or better. Right now, rushing it just to rush, would send a horrible message.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • The alpha 2 from my understanding is to get feedback on most of the systems the game will offer while focusing on offering all the content available or giving a persistent world, so mainly feedback on the combat, classes, node system, naval system etc.

Due to this isn't it best for us to be patient for when they are ready(Hype can die, people can forget about the game and then check it out 12 months later and it goes up again when they see real progress, the game isn't anywhere near launch so why rush and put stress on their development system.), Shouldn't we be patient for all the classes to have their abilities and be more than just a first pass, for the node system to have been developed past A1 feedback. So that when we do get A2 we can actually give feedback on how to make the systems better when they have an actual strong foundation they can build on rather than it just being place holder trash because they have the mindset you have which is to push out something no matter the quality.

Look at New World, they tried to push something out the door recently and there definitely lessons to be learned from their choices.
  • MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited February 2023
  • I don't say that because I hope it to be this year, but because it is necessary that it is. If Alpha 2 isn't this year, it's very likely that Ashes of Creation will be DOA. While excitement for the game remains high, it's waning. The community is desperate to play Alpha 2, even if it's not finished, even if it's full of bugs, even if there is very limited class and race selection. If they have to wait a whole nother year to play it, most won't want to play it at all and those who do will be dissatisfied, "we've waited this long for game development, for THIS?!". It won't matter that it's just an Alpha, they will be upset, no matter how good it is.

No. The assumption that without Alpha 2 the game will be dead also seems overly confident about knowing the way all the fans think and the economics of making this game economically viable. It MIGHT be the case that not having any playable phase this year frustrates some followers so much that they will drop out of the active community or will abandon hope on this project altogether, but I doubt that just one percent of the people who have purchased Alpha 2 keys will say "not interested anymore" just because Alpha 2 might only release mid 2024. I don't see that happening.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • I don't say that because I hope it to be this year, but because it is necessary that it is. If Alpha 2 isn't this year, it's very likely that Ashes of Creation will be DOA. While excitement for the game remains high, it's waning. The community is desperate to play Alpha 2, even if it's not finished, even if it's full of bugs, even if there is very limited class and race selection. If they have to wait a whole nother year to play it, most won't want to play it at all and those who do will be dissatisfied, "we've waited this long for game development, for THIS?!". It won't matter that it's just an Alpha, they will be upset, no matter how good it is.

hysterical-laughter.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • IAmWarden01IAmWarden01 Member
    edited February 2023
    I think the reactions in this thread are not because you think i'm wrong, but because you fear that i'm right.
    Meanwhile I think i'm right, but hope i'm wrong.
    Only time will tell.
    0vsxntxgzupq.png
  • KilionKilion Member
    edited February 2023
    I think the reactions in this thread are not because you think i'm wrong, but because you fear that i'm right.
    Meanwhile I think i'm right, but hope i'm wrong.
    Only time will tell.

If that's the copium you need to take to deal with the fact that people don't agree with you - snort right up, my friend.
    It's a game in Alpha state and if there is someone here on whose emotions one could make assumptions it's about yours and it smells like a lot of desperation in here. So leave the projections for now and let others enjoy observing the development process. I'm not in a hurry to play this, especially if that would reduce the quality of the game.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • DevSebaDevSeba Member
    edited February 2023
    I think they can share the details of what they want to show us in Alpha 2 like a dungeon, house building, more classes, etc.

My forecast of final release is 2026.
    I hope we receive a game that give us 20 years of fun.
  • we've waited like 7 or 8 years already. The development updates over the last year look promising. The longer we wait, the better the game will be. Alpha 2 will be soon, but to say it has to be this year will hamstring the project going forward.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not convinced. Have other priorities over A2.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    After seeing what happens when devs rush games out, I'm content to give Intrepid all the time they need to make this game as good as possible.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • We will give them all the time they need. Stop requesting things you have no idea about. Entitlement...