Options

GUILD COMPETITIONS! U will love this idea! support this thread for developers to bring this idea up.

le9ndle9nd Member
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
An old game I played had a similar system. and I decided to develop it myself and share it with you. First of all I would like to call this idea guild competitions. Guild Competitions will be in PvE style. will be weekly or monthly. When the event time comes, NPC will appear in the city and we will teleport to the map via the NPC. (only clan members will be able to enter) (clan members will aim to reach the target number of monsters and gain shields and different rewards to protect their city within the given time) will be active. In order to enter the competitions, a participant limit must be set, let's limit it to 30 people for now. And in this event we will only kill monsters, the more monsters we kill, the farther we will go. For example, there will be a table. ‘X’ reward will be given for 200 monster cuts, ‘Y’ reward for 500 monster cuts, ‘Z’ reward for 1000 monster cuts, and a certain time will be given for these missions. For example, let's say 1 hour. If the clan kills 1000 monsters before 1 hour, they will automatically leave the competition map and win the rewards. Assuming that our clan has only killed 200 monsters, it will receive rewards accordingly. There will be a scale in the award distribution. When these 200 monsters are slaughtered, we will gain a shield to protect our city from invasion during the month. Even if the city is occupied, our guild warehouse will be a shield. To win this, we need to kill more monsters. In this way, we will gain a shield that can protect our gold and belongings. Since we attach importance to activity, our character strength will not matter in these competitions, players above a certain level will participate in this routine. The important thing is that all players are active in the game, so I think it is more accurate to achieve equality in this match. Each player will deal damage equal to their level, or everyone will deal the same amount of damage. The important thing here is how and with what tactics you will kill the monsters.

I just gave a rough idea. rewards and rules. editable by developers. If you read this idea, don't forget to share your opinion with me. If the developers are interested in this idea, they can contact me via email. I can explain this to them in more detail. I wonder about this world. enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited March 2023
    A couple of things come to mind.

1. Teleportation

Ashes aims at being a PvX open world game with things that happen in the world actually happening in the world. So the competition location would have to be within the actual world, meaning a character has to be able to walk/ride there. Most content is supposed to be open world, with only 20% of PvE content being instanced, from what we know so far, it will be mainly story events.

2. Lobby games VS meaningful open world content

It sounds a lot like a minigame within the actual game. I play the minigame, if my guild makes a high score, we get to isolate ourselves from the PvP content of the game for a set amount of time. I don't think it is a good move to offer ways to isolate parts of the game from another by participating in... isolated minigames.

3. Lore things

It also poses the question why for example a one hour grind fest would result in a reward like siege protection. From a story perspective or a standpoint of being embedded in the world I see huge gaps to cover to make that make any sense.

With that being said, there are a couple of good ideas in this.

1. Guild Competitions

Brilliant idea in itself, I would say. By just reading "guild competitions" I thought about something like a knight tournament, a social event for guilds to participate in direct and indirect competitions to win prizes. I kind of proposed something like that when it came to dungeon competition where groups within an open world dungeon would have to compete over the dungeon scenario, which would close off certain bosses/resources for the sake of accessing others.

2. Means of protection against sieges & losing ones storage

While I don't think that full protection should be a thing I actually like the idea that with much effort (equal to that of farming a Siege Scroll) guilds could acquire items that allow them to mitigate the damage of losing a siege scenario. I wouldn't go as far as giving them a full shield but for example a "smugglers favor" which allows them to sneak out a portion of the resource OR gear they have kept in storage. But the number of Smuggler Favors has to be very limited, they should have expiration dates to ensure that not every big guild has one "just in case", it should be a hasty mission you take on after your Node has received its declaration of war via a siege scroll, again promoting risk and reward ("Do we invest in reinforcing our defense to save everything or do we invest in a smuggler to at least save a bit of what we own?"). That way it can only mitigate the damage, not flat out nullify it.

To me the two core ideas are interesting, but I see heavy flaws with the approach of putting them into minigame mechanics that isolate the players from one another - inside and outside the minigame.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    I would not use guilds for such thing.

Currently, social organizations in Ashes are NPC-run, but Intrepid could clone the system and make player organizations run by players. I propose using this system to create teams and be outside the flagging system, so the player organizations would face no wars.

Player organizations would join leagues and tournaments and pay a fee to participate, with the gold accumulated being split in the end based on team performance. Also, everytime a player joins a match he would have to pay a tiny fee, if you play in 30 matches you would have to pay 30 tiny fees.

Since players would be able to join multiple player organizations, this system would allow for cross-organization play and sponsorship, as well as incentivizing active participation rather than passive rewards. The rich friend in the organization could pay the subscription fee and he wouldn't have to play in any match, if he doesn't want to. If you are a great healer, people could even ask you to join in their organization just to have you in the bench in case their main healer doesn't show up.

When the league/tournament/competition ends, the prizes would be split directly to the players, based on team then followed by player who participated in the team's matches.

If I played all matches from the team that became the champion then I would receive a lot more than a player who played only once in my team. Also, since players can be in multiple organizations, that player will receive a bit from all those matches from all those teams, based on how many matches he played on each.

What this system brings in terms of content and gameplay:
    • Include the ability to play with members of other organizations, you could be in the bench in many organizations in case your main team is not online.
    • Additionally, player organizations could have sponsors who contribute to the sign-up fees without participating in matches. Someone else could donate to you the tiny fees while he is farming somewhere else.
    • The more gold you invest, the greater your potential earnings could be, if you can you could play all games from your main team and play a few more matches from other teams.
    • The system would discourage players from signing up and being AFK for passive rewards, as they would have to pay to participate.
    • Because the prizes are split accordingly the investments, you will receive gold based on all matches you paid.
    • Your organization could have coaches for each game modes: arena, sieges, etc.

In other games, I played a lot of arenas, battlegrounds, factional warfare and other stuff, when the devs added participation prizes they ruined everything, the AFK farmers became a plague even with the bans happening.

So, my idea here is AFK proof and also gives you the opportunity to play in any day even if your guild members aren't online or aren't in the mood. Since it is a player organized organization, you could be kicked or banned, this offers better control than the current matchmaking systems other games have, matching you up with people who will be your downfall.

This idea here could work for anything, for arenas, raiding groups, etc; my idea about this is way superior than any other system you have heard of. Seeing games through the eyes of the guild is just bad game design. This system I proposed, let you follow the path of a professional fighter who can even be hired or bribed... the content is over 9000
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope they have duels ready for alpha 2 :'(
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Currently, social organizations in Ashes are NPC-run, but Intrepid could clone the system and make player organizations run by players. I propose using this system to create teams and be outside the flagging system, so the player organizations would face no wars.

That opens up a lot of trouble from an economic perspective. If the organization is safe from war, so are its resources safe from being plundered. Hence everyone would use organization storage as a "safe house" to avoid losing materials or even gear during a siege or war. This would decrease the incentives FOR PvP since the rewards are going down, the economy would distort due to these invincible storage houses and that could become a serious issue for the whole game. Unless an organization is not allowed to store anything that could become a reward for PvP.

I got to say as much as I like the rest of the idea - immunity from a key game aspect would be detrimental.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Kilion wrote: »

That opens up a lot of trouble from an economic perspective. If the organization is safe from war, so are its resources safe from being plundered. Hence everyone would use organization storage as a "safe house" to avoid losing materials or even gear during a siege or war. This would decrease the incentives FOR PvP since the rewards are going down, the economy would distort due to these invincible storage houses and that could become a serious issue for the whole game. Unless an organization is not allowed to store anything that could become a reward for PvP.

I got to say as much as I like the rest of the idea - immunity from a key game aspect would be detrimental.

This brings no trouble at all, because the organization has no assets!

Only guilds and nodes have assets, player organizations would be a way of bringing together people, but these people could belong to different guilds and nodes, they have their own wars and sieges to fight.

So, it is exactly what you said, player organizations would have no storages and no buildings of any kind, it would be just like a "cool kids club" with no legal rights on anything.

It is a proposal for a better social aspect, it is a glorified party!
  • Options
    This brings no trouble at all, because the organization has no assets!

Only guilds and nodes have assets, player organizations would be a way of bringing together people, but these people could belong to different guilds and nodes, they have their own wars and sieges to fight.

So, it is exactly what you said, player organizations would have no storages and no buildings of any kind, it would be just like a "cool kids club" with no legal rights on anything.

It is a proposal for a better social aspect, it is a glorified party!

Okay, then I have to admit I don't quite get the idea behind organizations unless its basically a stripped down version of a guild. Or is there anything unique I can do by joining an organization that I cannot access through my guild?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @Kilion it is unique because:
    1. brings together people and alts who aren't even in guilds
    2. people from different guilds
    3. people from different nodes
    4. brings rich people or alts who will play as investors and sponsors
    5. player organization itself would have no wars, since it has no assets
    6. it is a cool kid's club, people can bring together their alts and build intel networks across Verra

So, people won't be forced to leave their tiny guild with his buddies, real life friends, families, etc and they will be able to belong to a large groups.

In other games, it was a great disapointment having to leave friends behind just to join a bigger guild just to have better odds in certain events.
  • Options
    @Kilion it is unique because:
    1. brings together people and alts who aren't even in guilds
    2. people from different guilds
    3. people from different nodes
    4. brings rich people or alts who will play as investors and sponsors
    5. player organization itself would have no wars, since it has no assets
    6. it is a cool kid's club, people can bring together their alts and build intel networks across Verra

So, people won't be forced to leave their tiny guild with his buddies, real life friends, families, etc and they will be able to belong to a large groups.

In other games, it was a great disapointment having to leave friends behind just to join a bigger guild just to have better odds in certain events.

Ah okay now I get, sorry.

I guess that would be useful to have clubs like this.
  • Options
    @Kilion I felt the lack of this in multiple games, my friends and buddies felt the lack of this too

It is nearly impossible organizing everything in multiple secret in-game chats and multiple discords.