Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Songs of the Sea

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited August 2023 in Announcements
1920_-_Voyager_Plus_-_Background.png

Sun, salt, and ocean waves are the hallmarks of the Niküa, the island-dwelling sub-race of dwarves. The Niküa have the same thirst for riches as their mountain-dwelling cousins, but rather than mining underground for precious gems and metals, pearl-diving is their preferred method of acquiring wealth.

Due to the sweltering heat of the tropics, tattoos are much more common adornments among them than the heavy jewelry and finely wrought armor favored by the mountain dwarves. Niküan tattoos are also remarkable examples of fine art that gives the dwarves a unique way of displaying their achievements, history, and lineage on their bodies proudly for all to see.

For Niküa, the untamed wilds of Verra are her open seas. It is there, beyond the horizon, that riches are secreted within the briny mouths of bivalves, and valuable salvage lies hidden beneath the waves.

This curated set of accessories contains items that Niküan mariners will find indispensable to their occupations, livelihoods, and safety as they travel the high seas.

The Songs of the Sea cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from June 14, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until July 12, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Legion of the Rose addons will be removed on June 14, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2023-06-13-songs-of-the-sea
community_management.gif

Comments

• Options
    do you deliberately publish ridiculous skins to limit sales?
    stop this hypocrisy and withdraw the alpha from sale if you don't want people to buy!
    Novus ordo seclorum
  • Options
    I really like the mount in this pack, descriptions of each item are getting more detailed which I enjoy.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    no offense but looks tragic
  • Options
    I actually like it. It's simple and aligns with what I expect from a village of ocean dwelling folk.
  • Options
    Better than last month's.

• Options
    I'm sure someone is having a good laugh while creating them :D
  • Options
    Didn't think it could get worse than last month. What even is that?

• Options
    BalanzBalanz Member
    edited June 2023
    When I heard that Alpha 2 Key Pledges were closing soon, I was hoping that I would like the one of the remaining cosmetics. But this is perfect, I am definitely pledging for Alpha 2 with this pack.

When it was announced that the Open Sea would be Open PvP, I changed my mind about avoiding PvP and embraced the "Pirates Life for Me."

Even better, I decided on Niküa Beastmaster for my test Pirate. I hope that eventually something like the the Siege Group Summons are available for some Sea Battles.

So thank you. I will pledging for Alpha 2 in July, and I look forward to testing hard for Intrepid's developers. I really respect you guys.
  • Options
    BalanzBalanz Member
    Balanz_Polynesian_Fantasy_Dwarf_Pirate_97b253d4-6bf9-4053-a5cc-50d86d647ce5.png
  • Options
    BalanzBalanz Member
    Yo ho, yo ho, the Pirate's Life for me!
  • Options
    i feel like it doesn't even match the graphics of the game
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Chicago wrote: »

it's fucking concept art
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    I do not plan on playing a Niküa... However I would hope that there would be more to their armor sets. Seems a little to basic to warrant people paying for this tmog to buy into an Alpha or Beta. Is this due to surveys showing a lack of interest in the Niküa? So why put in the time for T-MOG for them?
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Its like NPC Dockworker getup.
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »

it's fucking concept art

Actually the concept art has been shown to look the exact same, dude these dont even look like its from the same game, it looks like its suppose to be in a disney movie or kungfu panda, super cartoony, idk its just terrible in my opinion, go and look at some of the cosmetics from about a year back and then compare it to this
  • Options

it's fucking concept art

From vrvfvav32e2w.jpg

To i0eq2ftw5bqv.jpg

Its not even close to the same quality
  • Options

it's fucking concept art
    9a3bux2k0g4x.jpg
    To

ocxmajcsun6d.jpg

• Options

it's fucking concept art

Dont get me wrong mate everyone has their own opinions on what looks good but the stuff coming out recently does not remotley match any of the old stuff, the world is going to end up looking stupid with things like this, its already immersion breaking enough that we can transmog in the firstplace
  • Options
    -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    Good job Intrepid Studios! You made a manatee aquatic mount! :sunglasses:

Next mission: make a walrus aquatic mount. That would be super cool! :smiley:👍
  • Options
    I'm just glad we have someone like Steven to stomach all the neckbeard negativity like it's nothing. Doesn't mean you guys can't try a bit harder to be less obnoxious, though.
  • Options

it's fucking concept art

Dont get me wrong mate everyone has their own opinions on what looks good but the stuff coming out recently does not remotley match any of the old stuff, the world is going to end up looking stupid with things like this, its already immersion breaking enough that we can transmog in the firstplace

then just roleplay with people who dont transmog
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • Options
    horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Concern Number One: The Nikua are supposed to be "highly skilled" artisans, yet all we have seen so far are simplistic stone, wood and thatch designs. Compared to the intricacies of the Dunheim Dungeon or the beauty of the designs in the Forest of Erinthia, why couldn't the Nikua use mother of pearl and other shells, shiny and colorful skins from sea beasts and fish, corals or even lightning created beach glass to skillfully decorate their buildings? Why can't a Nikua Metropolis be as beautiful, shining and astounding as the Vaelune? Concern Number Two: Is the Shell-Gem Diver Cosmetic a pair of pants or a full body cosmetic? It does show a body strap, armbands and necklace. If a full body cosmetic, even if I'm wearing full plate beneath it, will a Nikua skin be shown or the skin of my own race? Without the body strap, the heavy weighted belt and bag would fall down. So, belt or pant slot or full cosmetic skin? (BTW love the Shoalskipper)
  • Options
    I love how pretty and butt ugly that mount is. Having the mount skin for trolling alone would be awesome.
  • Options
    I just wanna point out that Intrepid has said this stuff is almost always (maybe always) skins that are going to be used exclusively for NPCs, structures, etc and will be inaccessible. They're offering them for sale because they promised they would do so during the kickstarter. They're not spending additional time and energy making this stuff, they're offering it now to the people that want them, IF they want them.
  • Options
    I think it matches the world as much as the rest of the stuff we've seen.

It's all high-fantasy - and not relegated to a single culture; In a massive high-fantasy world, there's going to be a whole slew of different cultures. This definitely says "beach-dweller", to me.

Yours truly prefers cosmetics with armor, but this is fine for living on the beach.

• Options
    How is a thing that looks like a boat (for use on water), is a caravan skin?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There are sea caravans but not sure if that relates here.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Is that a chicken hog?
  • Options
    So does this mean the next live stream is a race reveal + the first bits of ocean content?
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited June 2023
    Is that a chicken hog?

When I was young the neighbors had feral hogs running on their property. One time they came through the fences onto our farm and killed and ate a number of our chickens. We caught them in the act.
    They would walk up to the chickens and step on them.. nomnom.