Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, July 28, 2023 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Options
    Sago65Sago65 Member
    Will the list of crops and livestock available for farming be the same at every node?
  • Options
    Will the jumping puzzles in Ashes be comparable in size and difficulty to Guild Wars 2 or smaller and more like minor hurdles?
  • Options
    SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    There will be various elemental abilities in the game, do you plan to add option to equip your armor with some type of elemental resists?
  • Options
    Burny7Burny7 Member
    In regards to the Cleric archetype, how are you trying to balance the class in regards to group play vs solo content while still keeping the class fun (a common problem I think for healing classes in MMOs)?
  • Options
    Will the Cleric be viable in solo play? In original MMO's the healer and even tank classes were not as fun to do anything alone and usually always took much longer to accomplish anything.
  • Options
    lemuletlemulet Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What will be the costs and rewards for Guild and Node wars?
    sg3TGu4.png
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    We know that players can innitiate sieges against enemy nodes, but will there be scenarios where bigger story arcs trigger an NPC faction to siege a Node or where participation in a siege via a monster coin event is possible?
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Will mounts be usable during PvP as of spawning it in the middle of an encounter, mounting it and using its utility skills like charge, immunity, ect to take advantage over your opponent? Or will they be only good for engages and movement but not in the middle of combat
  • Options
    Will all of the artisan classes be available at the launch of Alpha 2 ( up to grandmaster level ) ?
  • Options
    raeyikraeyik Member
    edited July 2023
    I understand the importance of getting each class to have compelling gameplay loops; however, with few exceptions, the class previews have focused primarily on individual class rotations/combos.

How much weight are you intending to place on dynamic, compelling party combos and team-work over an individual's rotations in party play?
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Why is Steven coughing so much?....

Steven's a man of resources. He's possibly importing Greenleaf, from the shires....

Which relates to my question:

Is Ale still on the roadmap - and will we see any representation of marijuana, in the game?

• Options
    NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Will there be a buff stack/promotion system like we've seen for debuffs, and how will Clerics leverage these with other classes like a Bard?
  • Options
    In the same way we are having showcases on archetypes like the ranger and cleric will we be getting any showcases during the monthly live stream for races? If so is that something that is in the near future or a ways down the road yet?
  • Options
    KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2023
    Augments only change your current skills. If a rouge can find hidden doors, and a mage can find magic doors, could a rouge/mage (Nightspell) possibly find both types? Would you consider detecting both types of doors an upgrade to the detect skill, or would that be giving the Nightspell two skills?
  • Options
    For defending caravans, what kind of incentives are provided automatically by the game? Like if I'm doing my own thing, and I notice a caravan being attacked nearby, why should I help?
  • Options
    rsblundenrsblunden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With XP penalties for dying in pve content, what are your thoughts about that system in events like raids where multiple wipes are common and expected? Should players assume to come out of the raid with a ton of xp debt?
  • Options
    More of a freehold business idea/question. Is there any thoughts on allowing players to make there own recipes/food for the taverns to sell, a signature item or multiple?
    Ex. Owner makes a mac and cheese recipe that gives extra combat exp. and instead of using it as a consumable he instead puts it into a recipe slot in his tavern and his patrons are allowed to instead pay him for an expiring version of the mac
  • Options
    Can we have a confirmed list of weapons that will be available for testing in A2?
  • Options
    Are you guys worried that you bit off more than you can chew when coming up with the Summoner class? It seems like it’s a difficult class to create and balance, especially with augments involved. I hope development goes well, you guys are doing great.
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Have their been any internal discussions about the stock exchange in recent years? It’s been years without any updates on this system and some of us are thinking it may be cut.
  • Options
    In PvP when killed by a corrupted player you loose some stuff. Player to player trading, interacting with vendors or NPCs, and the ability to access storage is disabled for corrupted players. What however, is stopping them getting killed by a friend who could then stash the stuff for them?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Vaknar
    Clarification please...
    Let's say in the processing profession you might want to gain Mastery. That Mastery process leaves the nodes at around at around like level 30 in the in the leveling experience for a processing profession. And so um one of the debates on the design team was whether or not we should reduce the level requirement down to level 30 so that there's a seamless transition from node-based processing progression and the Freehold uh capability of progression. The reason why I think that there's never going to be a way to avoid rushing levels is because anytime you have a vertical power progression in a game there is always going to be a reason to rush leveling. And that's just kind of the standard MMO experience that many of us have have had right. Not all of us do it because not all of us really care about the vertical question there or have the time and ability to do it. Right but generally so long as there's a vertical power structure in place you're going to have an incentive to rush that leveling process. And the idea isn't that you will need to rush leveling to 50 in ashes of Creation in order to achieve a freehold because you have to also remember that the world structure is what predicates the availability of freeholds
    Rush to Level 50 is Adventurer Level 50 or Artisan Level 50?
    Do we have to be Adventurer Level 50 to be eligible to own a Freehold?
  • Options
    cosmetic ship question. Is there any advantage to them? for example in archage ship shape is a factor is pvp battles but if you only have to right click on ship or something to board in AoC it wouldn't be a big deal.
  • Options
    i was under the asumption this would be the nodes update, anyway will it be in the same format as the freehold update? It was so much better
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Options
    What customization will be available for the footprint and exterior walls of our freeholds? Can I make a more organic looking homestead with higher, curved, mossy stone walls?
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again, glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream.

Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Friday for our livestream!

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    GodJpGodJp Member
    Hi Steven, I hope you're well my question today it's about cheater. If in the game we have somes cheater who has bypass the anti cheat system how you will process for detect them and what will be the consequences for this one? The reason why I asked this question it's because in a MMORPG I play actually they have a big problem with people who cheat as example aim bot or speedhack, auto dodge, farmbot etc..

Thanks again and have a nice day
  • Options
    RinkRink Member
    Will class abilities be unlocked as you progress through levels, or will there be a lot of abilities to get used to upfront?
  • Options
    Will ranged basic attacks and skills have max range ?
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to today's Livestream + Q&A!
    Thank you, Intrepid Studios!
    With utmost respect and best regards, ÆSIR of the Round Table Alliance