Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Vet MMORPG player excited for AoC

I am veteran player in MMORPG community, and would like to introduce myself. Some knows me as Focusblade/Deadlyfocus from EQ2.
But I have started with Grandfather of MMO Ultima Online, and played many games like EQ1, EQ2 and many others - I have around 20+ years of extensive experience of a hardcore gaming. Mostly PvP player but I do enjoy PvE aspect of the games like raiding. I really hope thats something you are planning on having in this game. Everything I read about AoC sounds like highly ambition project and I want to wish you to be successful in your journey. I like how complicated and intelligent AoC coming out. Looking forward to be a tester/player for this amazing game. Hit me up if you have a spot in your community of testers.

Comments

• Options
    you gotta be an alpha 1 bro or a content creator bro to become a tester. or buy a package and wait for alphas 2 and beta. other than that, welcome ;3
  • Options
    Welcome to the community!
    If you are looking to play anything Ashes anytime soon, you will have to purchase the A2 package. Spot tests will be done with Kickstarter backers from 2017 and Alpha 1 testers, which already provides a playerbase numbering in the thousands. Alpha 2 keys to my knowledge have been sold over 100'000 times with the Alpha 2 phase currently suspected to launch some time next year (most likely second half).

With all that being said: Look at the A2 packages that come online monthly, find one that you like and get that if the money is worth it to you. Intrepid plans to stop the Alpha 2 sales before the servers come online, which will be announced before it happens. So take your time and enjoy the development process for now!
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Focusblade wrote: »
    Looking forward to be a tester/player for this amazing game. Hit me up if you have a spot in your community of testers.

Give the Guild Recruitment section a read: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/46807/eu-uk-fortunes-wrath-pvx-gmt-bst-18-semi-hardcore-ashesofcreation/p1
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome!
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    DemolamaDemolama Member
    edited August 2023
    Sadly, the days of free invite-only alphas are no longer around. Now developers expect you to pay to test their games. As an old MMO player myself who alpha tested such games as SWG it saddens me that experience testers won't get invites due to the new shift towards a pay-to-test model. The problem is just because someone pays does not mean they'll be good testers. Far too many people go into alphas expecting to play a fleshed-out game and get bored because it's not what they expected. They don't realize they're expected to break the game and report everything back to the developers. I blame this on the early access trend. Good feedback is just too hard to come by these days. I just hope Ashes has enough people going into alpha 2 with that old-school alpha feedback/ game breaking mentality and not with just "how can I min/max my character before launch"
  • Options
    Demolama wrote: »
    Sadly, the days of free invite-only alphas are no longer around. Now developers expect you to pay to test their games. As an old MMO player myself who alpha tested such games as SWG it saddens me that experience testers won't get invites due to the new shift towards a pay-to-test model. The problem is just because someone pays does not mean they'll be good testers. Far too many people go into alphas expecting to play a fleshed-out game and get bored because it's not what they expected. They don't realize they're expected to break the game and report everything back to the developers. I blame this on the early access trend. Good feedback is just too hard to come by these days. I just hope Ashes has enough people going into alpha 2 with that old-school alpha feedback/ game breaking mentality and not with just "how can I min/max my character before launch"

and just because you get selected randomly to test a game doesn't mean you will be a good tester ;)
  • Options
    As others have stated... to test you will need to purchase a key from intrepid. Current Keys being offered is Alpha 2, Beta 1, and then beta 2. This will be the order of the tests. Alpha 2 listings will soon be coming to a close though! So if debating on joining for alpha 2 the clock is ticking! Glad you have found the forums.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    RazThemun wrote: »
    ... the clock is ticking! ...

the bell has tolled.....

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&amp;target=https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2023-08-08-none-forgotten

September 2023 is the last month for general purchases of an A2 key