Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tulnar Idea Prompt

Comments

• Options
    renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2023
    Vaknar wrote: »
    This is a super neat thread. Love the proposal of theory crafting while we wait for more Tulnar news to drop.

I love the suggestions and interpretations people are bringing for the Tulnar. I hope to see more contributions to this thread, with lots of thoughts and ideas! Especially with the prompts that @Solvryn provided :)

Hello Vaknar! :) Welcome to our conversation, I'd love to hear anything you have theories in ^^

I probably shouldn't theorize on the Tulnar for a few different reasons... but I love reading the theories and suggestions being shared in this thread! Those are what I'm interested in ;)

lol! well you can't blame me for trying :heart:
    [NA] Pandemonium| PVE focused | RP PVX | Tulnar | Divine Node
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nerror wrote: »
    I am definitely down with some Gothy looking buildings for the Tulnar. Underrealm style Goth, so it can't be all dark and gloomy, but intricate carvings and such for sure.

Like crazy statues of different creatures, similar to the like gargoyle statues. Something like that :love:

smlzy5v8l5a4.png
    b0wh9nihgclm.jpg
    cy7q9oob0qns.jpg
    7r37ql82von2.jpg
    b0gg3xi8l5wa.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Solvryn wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »
    smlzy5v8l5a4.png

Yes! I would love to see those on spires, ledges and walls. Since we know that Tulnar do have magic perhaps they could be used for defense. Enchanted in a way to activate. I dont know if that would be possible in the game, but I think it's cool even if they were just ornate, so cool.

Come check us out!
  • Options
    The Sacred Teapot

yzj811few9w3.jpg
  • Options
    5es86a2svwuh.jpg

I hope the Tulnar have a proper Underdark-like culture that's been cultivated for thousands of years in the underrealm. I would love to see the difference between upper and lower caste Tulnar as well. Shoutout to Solvyrn for making this awesome thread!

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Azuru wrote: »
    5es86a2svwuh.jpg

I hope the Tulnar have a proper Underdark-like culture that's been cultivated for thousands of years in the underrealm. I would love to see the difference between upper and lower caste Tulnar as well. Shoutout to Solvyrn for making this awesome thread!

Amazing picture! I would like to see the difference in upper and lower as well! I can only theorize how it may differ appearance wise :o
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    ibsdjp5rs619.png

hbl85hz2ab4m.jpg
    z3m84l9o9rrq.jpg
    9a957gxcw72r.jpg
    j712i6wtw1f6.jpg
    tedqk5l9wg7n.jpg
    1i2ec8go5t4p.jpg
    qx4di5turw06.jpg
    5ypqztd4naac.jpg
    hbf53c3gkviw.jpg
    t91b07rexqy0.jpg
    jicuumdmryex.jpg

In Vodun the Priestess class runs the Temple and calls a lot of the shots. In Vedic society the Clergy is among the top of the list.

So staying within those cultural confines and Stevens original vision for the Tulnar I tried to encapsulate a matron statue.

jnbqqejfq517.png
    ndod2riqmvr6.jpg
    4208jlytetdz.jpg
    vcuin10w709x.jpg
    k80549uk5qy5.jpg

• Options
    Wow.... You guys have some very cleaned-up notions of our to-be leashless pet-store escapees.

I imagine a lot more rags and dirt, from living underground. And rat-based features.

Personally, this is the least creative and worst design choice they could make for the Tulnar race. They're not just living in the dirt, they're living in a world below the surface filled with all sorts of mystical wonders. You would be literally throwing out the culture of the 4 original races, the Caste system, and replacing it with Skaven which sounds terrible. The Tulnar are not Skaven, to quote Steven " The Tulnar are a proud and noble people". These are the ancestors of the original four races who escaped to the underrealm, many thousands of years ago. Remember, the Tulnar are the only ones who never lost access to magic so I expect that to be a key factor in deciding how sophisticated their society is. Grand brooding, dark brick, and Gothic architecture similar to the Drow from D&D. A society where the elite upper caste live like Kings and the lower caste are very oppressed and rebellious. 9zu14o2d9kvf.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    ibsdjp5rs619.png
    In Vodun the Priestess class runs the Temple and calls a lot of the shots. In Vedic society the Clergy is among the top of the list.
    So staying within those cultural confines and Stevens original vision for the Tulnar I tried to encapsulate a matron statue.
    vcuin10w709x.jpg

This was something I had thought of as well. Since it seems like religion may be a big thing with them given how they've survived, I do think it's very possible it may be driven by priestesses specifically. I also very much enjoy the statue I kept in this quote. Very cool design!
    Personally, this is the least creative and worst design choice they could make for the Tulnar race. They're not just living in the dirt, they're living in a world below the surface filled with all sorts of mystical wonders. You would be literally throwing out the culture of the 4 original races, the Caste system, and replacing it with Skaven which sounds terrible. The Tulnar are not Skaven, to quote Steven " The Tulnar are a proud and noble people". These are the ancestors of the original four races who escaped to the underrealm, many thousands of years ago. Remember, the Tulnar are the only ones who never lost access to magic so I expect that to be a key factor in deciding how sophisticated their society is. Grand brooding, dark brick, and Gothic architecture similar to the Drow from D&D. A society where the elite upper caste live like Kings and the lower caste are very oppressed and rebellious. 9zu14o2d9kvf.png

I absolutely agree! Since they've had magic this whole time, there is no way that it didn't play a part in how they created their new home. Since it's also a story of loss and strife seeing as some of their loved ones would have left or perished, it make sense this would be the case in terms of overall feel. I do think a good example of this is the Drow, I didn't even make that connection before. Great thought!

While I do think it's fine to have Skaven looking options I do have to agree that if they're such a proud and noble people, I don't think they'd be living tribal in that regards.

Since I like your taken on this, do you have any thoughts on how their caste may be? Do you share the idea of religion on top or do think of something potentially different?

Come check us out!
  • Options
    Keeping within the Stevenburger Parameters, in Vedic and Gothic culture being a Warrior is important and a peoples telling of history is equally important.

jufytqrqpfsf.png

lrjtdjthe0n5.jpg
    aqqpwjj0uq6z.jpg
    azv8ben4u6hy.jpg

3l5bnmjxgl4u.png

bidijpxbw8bv.jpg
    kwotupvslssp.jpg
    bgvd63qbb8xk.jpg
    nqqdzu99mo72.jpg

• Options
    Natasha wrote: »
    I'm going to out myself here, purely because I'd love this to happen.

As a person who generally despises the tulnar if I could have less beastial tulnar and a somewhat feline appearance I would make one, especially if I could have pink.

Picture for reference. furhyn9gu7st.jpg

Absolutely love this just came up with this fancy fella
    xx647453j4wf.jpg
    Cannot wait to see the character creator, hopefully Intrepid wants us to be really creative with the Tulnar
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    This is a super neat thread. Love the proposal of theory crafting while we wait for more Tulnar news to drop.

I love the suggestions and interpretations people are bringing for the Tulnar. I hope to see more contributions to this thread, with lots of thoughts and ideas! Especially with the prompts that @Solvryn provided :)

Having a blast theory crafting the Tulnar! A lot of us are hoping they let players lean heavily into making Tulnar very human-esque.
    p080spghycer.jpg
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    Wasn't supposed to be the "patron of wrath", but they all turned out cool anyway.

These are the Patron and Matrons of the Arcana/Scholar

sm14r2fprpn1.png

ffjon92r58qc.jpg
    dgbgpc4vsnpw.jpg
    xngwim0qo7le.jpg
    136w98gyfnmy.jpg

iyacbyivf8o4.png

bb6lqd1mfm8v.jpg
    0czpf2699rff.jpg
    6q730egszs4g.jpg
    17nbcmepjtw6.jpg

9k42moir91vt.png

lbytb7z99x5h.jpg
    3llqj3tzdcgl.jpg
    c2gt9zqdn6ja.jpg
    uog2rom3njmk.jpg

lieev37mql78.png

0fova38gpwfl.jpg
    focvxr9e9nlw.jpg
    c3015tfg0mbh.jpg
    rp1nun259zcb.jpg

• Options
    I just want the Tulnar to be cuddly.
  • Options
    q14kt8vhr26f.jpeg
    u5l8c6eyozf7.png
  • Options
    I dream of being able to play a cute faun so i really hope that tulnar will have options for more human looking faces and upper bodies.
  • Options
    pya2cgvr6di2.jpeg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Zahie wrote: »
    I dream of being able to play a cute faun so i really hope that tulnar will have options for more human looking faces and upper bodies.

I gotchu
  • Options
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    @Solvryn get the convo going? it's been going on over the years with multiple threads lol

neat pictures though from everyone :smile:

Not in the depth we need.

seems about the same depth to me lol

I don’t think Tulnar players have actively explored the depth of real life cultures they’d actively like to see influence the race unless Gothic, Voodoo, Vedic, and some Japanese eras that don’t influence Ren Kai are the only ones they care about.

In which case good. We can discuss arcane punk in high fantasy mmo settings and why it belongs to the Tulnar.

oh my bad... Um lets see.............

I imagine humanoid beings with bestial features and/or fantasy beings/beasts. Been stated many expect gothic architecture but it could be much more ancient-like. The races are from the "primal" versions of current "sub"-races.

Mix in the polytheist religion with monotheist themes with the corruptions, could say we could expect to see Cherubim or Nephilim inspired being with how their corruption from the gods/realm plays a role in it or even NPC mobs with similar inspiration.

The under realm is an RGB bioluminescent rave so add that into the mix as a possibility to architectural flair (or not). Either the environment plays a role in that design as well which could be something similar to gothic or divine with a corrupter inking.

How about something like this?
    vaewisfdxteq.jpg
    Little Tulnar Bard action
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Love the idea, so cute!!
    Come check us out!
  • Options
    Weapon idea prompts

w3pzo4mcwgbz.jpeg
    4simrjdmsaix.jpeg
    lvhfbdenjdm7.jpeg
    nxqxnd7xsb7n.jpeg
    4j2b0ed6x2qi.jpeg
    h6wz21tnh8j6.jpeg
    gj0uq0am0vxf.jpeg
    cmq7u4gevzy9.jpeg
    a9zblwaz34sf.jpeg
    3nqss6pegh8b.jpeg
    ltedr9gisaib.jpeg
  • Options

Hello Vaknar! :) Welcome to our conversation, I'd love to hear anything you have theories in ^^

I probably shouldn't theorize on the Tulnar for a few different reasons... but I love reading the theories and suggestions being shared in this thread! Those are what I'm interested in ;)

lol! well you can't blame me for trying :heart:

Oh come on...have a little fun
    w2ut2dw5q4y3.jpg
    v286y0vxzt3q.jpg
    rjwz01ariynr.jpg
    a6qsz6jtc1gc.jpg

095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options

Love the idea, so cute!!

Human leaning Tulnar options are soooo good.
    55e9sp24426n.jpg
    h44hjgd29frp.jpg

095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    Maybe with enough tweaking of the character creator you can find a middle ground
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    Wasn't supposed to be the "patron of wrath", but they all turned out cool anyway.

These are the Patron and Matrons of the Arcana/Scholar

sm14r2fprpn1.png

ffjon92r58qc.jpg
    dgbgpc4vsnpw.jpg
    xngwim0qo7le.jpg
    136w98gyfnmy.jpg

iyacbyivf8o4.png

bb6lqd1mfm8v.jpg
    0czpf2699rff.jpg
    6q730egszs4g.jpg
    17nbcmepjtw6.jpg

9k42moir91vt.png

lbytb7z99x5h.jpg
    3llqj3tzdcgl.jpg
    c2gt9zqdn6ja.jpg
    uog2rom3njmk.jpg

lieev37mql78.png

0fova38gpwfl.jpg
    focvxr9e9nlw.jpg
    c3015tfg0mbh.jpg
    rp1nun259zcb.jpg

I see you
    efrc2wtmh9s6.jpg
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    5es86a2svwuh.jpg

bby2przegc67.jpg
    I agree
    095qsq35ir73.png
  • Options
    tlbrdbfrookr.jpg
    eia1m0zilmjn.jpg
    d6zvbbfmsbk1.jpg
    dgtdjfj4syj6.jpg
    vf58bl0waz8v.jpg
  • Options
    k9jcu1jy2nqu.jpeg
    2jm951gxz9y5.jpeg
    i5gpkihwn0lg.jpeg
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    k9jcu1jy2nqu.jpeg
    2jm951gxz9y5.jpeg
    i5gpkihwn0lg.jpeg

I love the renditions. The renditions look brutal and beautiful at the same time.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif