Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan wagon animation looks dumb.

The wagon is bulky and stiff and it looks like it's sliding along the ground. The horses are way too small and you would need at least six horses (not two) to pull a wagon like this. Maybe the art team is planning to fix this later, but I felt the need to mention it.

My apologies if someone has already posted about this.

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The player running the caravan can choose how many animals (and what kind) will pull the wagon. They can choose the size of the wagon (different sizes look different) and a number of other variables...which you could choose either for what the variables do (such as defense) or...in your case...what they look like.

Of course, not everyone will agree with your preference on looks, right? What you characterize as "dumb" someone else may consider charming, or smart looking.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Damn you'd need 6 horses to pull a caravan like that instead of 2? Someone better tell Intrepid so they can fix it. While they're at it they should remove magic from the game, remove all the monsters, remove any "abilities", make it so there's run energy like RuneScape, etc. to make the game more realistic.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »
    Damn you'd need 6 horses to pull a caravan like that instead of 2? Someone better tell Intrepid so they can fix it. While they're at it they should remove magic from the game, remove all the monsters, remove any "abilities", make it so there's run energy like RuneScape, etc. to make the game more realistic.

But the horses are obviously too small and that doesn't look convincing. It takes away from immersion. You're just an intrepid fanboy.
  • Options
    Zarrea wrote: »

But the horses are obviously too small and that doesn't look convincing. It takes away from immersion. You're just an intrepid fanboy.

ponies :3
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The wagon is bulky and stiff and it looks like it's sliding along the ground. The horses are way too small and you would need at least six horses (not two) to pull a wagon like this. Maybe the art team is planning to fix this later, but I felt the need to mention it.

What if I just have a huge Toad to pull my caravan? Should the vehicle jump with the physics of the frog?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    High fantasy does have some goofy shit about it. :smile: Just because it's high fantasy doesn't mean realism should not exist to some extent.

But the horse do look small in my opinion
  • Options
    aphorizemaphorizem Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    oH nOeS mAi ImMeRsIoNs
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack

I criticise stuff plenty, I just don't complain about dumb shit like this.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    I agree horse thing is a bit much. For all we know there will be other mounts you can use instead of horses that will be larger.

I get criticism but it is just saying things without actually going into detail on it. Like not acknowledging the caravan isn't like a tiny IRL one, so be default everything is going to look smaller since it is pretty large and heavy.
  • Options
    DryadezDryadez Member
    edited November 2023
    Reminds me when Tauren could only ride large mounts in WoW because of their size and weight.And even though it's a fantasy game you do have to draw the line somewhere so things can make sense. Otherwise things can go crazy and lose their flavor of fantasy and go straight to ridiculous. Like if Lord Of The Rings, even with all it's magic and fantasy races decided to go full Adventure Time and have shapeshifting dogs and talking candy. Every fantasy world has to draw the line somewhere

That being said, we don't know what's in the caravans and maybe multiple horses are needed for larger load, or you lose movement speed. I don't find this one to be immersion breaking and it can be overlooked personallty

• Options
    I too thought the horses looked little relative to the caravan. Maybe a 5% increase in size would be helpful. Could allow purchase of larger horses for more strength and speed. The caravan it self didn't look dumb in my opinion. A great time to introduce the concept of mass or weight to the game would be through the caravan system.
  • Options
    I think it looks very good for it's first version... it's a bit stiff for now but that can be tweaked a bit later
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    1 horse power is equal to the movement of 33,000 pounds 1 foot forward in 1 minute. Now weigh your loaded caravan and off to the races.
  • Options
    @Dryadez I'll never forget how stupid the Tauren looked on things like the wyverns lol
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Please remember that the visual quality is still in the first iterations. The final look may different. It is still a work in progress.
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited November 2023
    I pretty mich disagree with everything here.

I doesnt look stiff, it looks weighted.
    It doesnt look like its sliding, it looks very grounded.
    It doesnt look like its a first iteration, it looks like the best implementation of a caravan in any online game by far (at least that i know of).

I also think expectations are way off.
    For me it sounds like some people want Intrepid to work on systems like its a standalone game with 30 a million dollar budget.
    The last time i looked, this game has a lot of systems
  • Options

To be fair they were just showing a basic mount... if for example those had been Clydesdale horses it certainly would have made more sense. I am sure a couple things like bigger muscles on the horses and a more rigid mounting system to the caravan would have assuaged your issues though regardless of the horses breed.
  • Options

Completely honestly -> while it would look impressive if for Example four Horses would pull on such a Wagon or so,

it is also important how exactly Intrepid plans to let this look and for what Reasons. I think you just gotta trust them on that. If it doesn't look better or improved in the released Version of the Game, you can also still complain then. ;)

May i mention,
    we might saw the current "Caravan" probably still a tiny bit as a Placeholder - although that Model looked absolutely brilliant and magnificent already, in my Opinion.

Who knows ?
    Maybe it "will" look more fluid and not as stiff with the Movement in the released Version ?

Only the Gods and their fallen Brothers may know ... ...
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just strap it to the back of Stufferton and we will be good.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ooooh! Stuffertons pulling the caravan!
  • Options
    j2xqv475srh2.png

lol
  • Options
    arsnn wrote: »
    I pretty mich disagree with everything here.

I doesnt look stiff, it looks weighted.
    It doesnt look like its sliding, it looks very grounded.
    It doesnt look like its a first iteration, it looks like the best implementation of a caravan in any online game by far (at least that i know of).

I also think expectations are way off.
    For me it sounds like some people want Intrepid to work on systems like its a standalone game with 30 a million dollar budget.
    The last time i looked, this game has a lot of systems

I wonder what that crowd funding amount totalled to :tongue:
    It does have many systems though.
  • Options
    Pretty sure you will be able to choose different skins as well as animals that pull the wagon. In the end does it really matter what is pulling the wagon? The real issue is does the wagon get from point A to point B the way designed and is not a buggy mess