Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Q3 hype!!!

Can't believe A2 is finally coming!!!

Comments

• Options
    I wanted June :disappointed:
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »

whats in june?
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

whats in june?
    Nothing special.
    Somebody noticed a reaction in a past stream an predicted June so I hoped they were right.
  • Options
    ah ok ;3

i was hoping it would be in q2 and tl in q1..well TL 2 or 3 months before ashes a2.

im also curious about a game i discovered like 3 days ago called quinfall that is coming out at the end of january, but im still not 100% convinced on that one.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I mean I wish it was sooner. But I'm OK with Q3. I'll be busy playing Dragon's Dogma and potential Throne & Liberty this spring. So it'll be nice to dig into Alpha 2 this late summer :)
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    darkrangerdarkranger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    those with alpha 1 or backer status will get there faster under NDA of course. alpha 2 pre order i guess Q3 or maybe before if you get picked . someone will be testing it under NDA for sure
  • Options
    ah ok ;3

i was hoping it would be in q2 and tl in q1..well TL 2 or 3 months before ashes a2.

im also curious about a game i discovered like 3 days ago called quinfall that is coming out at the end of january, but im still not 100% convinced on that one.

One more MMO? noice :)
    Thanks for sharing.
    TL doesn't feel tempting enough for me. Does not seem to have enough open world PvP. But I have not researched much.
  • Options
    ah ok ;3

Thanks for sharing.
    TL doesn't feel tempting enough for me. Does not seem to have enough open world PvP. But I have not researched much.

sadly carebears cried and reduced the open world pvp in TL, however it still a good game to play.

i thought u liked pve not ow pvp? lol

you have pvp quite often though, in events, pvp world bosses and open world dungeons. the castle siege is quite fun too but it doesnt happen very often. and also, they talked about adding a pvp island or something with pvp on all the time.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3WHIT3ROS3 Member
    edited December 2023
    They shouldn't have announced this. Too far out. They should have waited until they are 100% sure. Then announced it and continued to develop it for another 3 months beyond that point. The people demanding a date just want to PLAY and will be the first to scream bloody murder if it isn't up to scratch. Seen it a million times.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »
    ....They should have waited until they are 100% sure....

To be fair? This was along the wording that Steven used in the update video in which they revealed the 2024 launch of the Alpha Two; He didn't want to announce it, until they were certain they could deliver on the date-range. As such, we can feel quite confident that they'll meet the Q3 projection.

Am stoked, personally! A friend gave me a high-end, liquid-cooled graphics-card, and am waiting for the A2, to have it installed. My tower is too thin to accomodate it, so I'll be replacing the case, and possibly the fan and power source. Now I know when to plan on doing it!

• Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited December 2023
    They shouldn't have announced this. Too far out. They should have waited until they are 100% sure. Then announced it and continued to develop it for another 3 months beyond that point. The people demanding a date just want to PLAY and will be the first to scream bloody murder if it isn't up to scratch. Seen it a million times.

Ummm … they are 100% sure Alpha 2 will be in Q3 next year.

Otherwise, they wouldn’t have announced it.

Is that too long for some players? Too bad. We’re all in the same boat waiting.

The game will still be in development well after Alpha 2. It’s not an official release after Alpha 2 is over.
  • Options
    Feels bad that it's gonna take a few months for the alpha 2 but remember... The game has been in development for the past 7 years... It's just a little more..
  • Options
    Q3, anytime from July thru Sept., seems like a really decent window for everybody involved, basically 6/7 months since I doubt they would risk getting into Sept. with a To-do bucket list before A2 launch.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    August 27th baybeee!

Let's go!

See my Shadow Disciple in duo lane.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Sure...And a beta in 2025 for a game in 2026 ?
    Oh wait, they have already sold it...At gold price...
  • Options
    Q3 is fine. That is the miss of summer. It gives people enough time to update their computers as needed.

Such as, I am working on saving for a high end 4080 RTX graphics card.
  • Options

Ummm … they are 100% sure Alpha 2 will be in Q3 next year.

Well considering Steven prefaced it with "take this with a pinch of salt" and things could crop up in testing that will push it back, then no... they are not 100%.
  • Options
    Sargramor wrote: »
    Sure...And a beta in 2025 for a game in 2026 ?
    Oh wait, they have already sold it...At gold price...

im confident each beta will last less than a month. a week or two most likely.
  • Options
    ah ok ;3

Thanks for sharing.

sadly carebears cried and reduced the open world pvp in TL, however it still a good game to play.

you have pvp quite often though, in events, pvp world bosses and open world dungeons. the castle siege is quite fun too but it doesnt happen very often. and also, they talked about adding a pvp island or something with pvp on all the time.

I don't like to gank but pvp against rich player's caravans who control access to raids or dungeons feels justified. So I hope two lvl 35 swords will defeat a lvl 40 sword :smile:
  • Options
    Actually bothers me that gold and gear are not dropped on death in AoC and not completely destroyed when durability drops to 0.
  • Options
    Q3 is nice, means I can take two big vacations in the second half of the year and make one small vacation early this year^^
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Actually bothers me that gold and gear are not dropped on death in AoC and not completely destroyed when durability drops to 0.

That's a good thing. This isn't Rust or Ark.
  • Options

Yea. Allowing gear to still exist at zero durability is a late game reason due to raid wipes, one after another.

Either destruction of gear, or repair costs of gear is what causes raid guilds to fall apart.
  • Options
    ah ok ;3

Thanks for sharing.

I don't like to gank but pvp against rich player's caravans who control access to raids or dungeons feels justified. So I hope two lvl 35 swords will defeat a lvl 40 sword :smile:

you hate the rich but i bet you wanna be rich :3
  • Options
    patrick68794patrick68794 Member
    edited December 2023
    willsummon wrote: »

Yea. Allowing gear to still exist at zero durability is a late game reason due to raid wipes, one after another.

Either destruction of gear, or repair costs of gear is what causes raid guilds to fall apart.

yeah and losing equipped gear on death is a great way to deter new players in a game with always on PvP. If I'm a brand new player and lose all my starting gear, and what little money I've started with or been able to save from tutorial quests or whatever, because someone at max level decided they wanted to be an ass and go around ganking new players (this does happen in other MMOs and games with forced PvP so it'll happen here too) then I'd probably just stop playing altogether and a lot of people that experience that would make sure other people that might be interested in the game are aware that happens. That's why the Rust and Ark communities are so notorious for being toxic.
  • Options
    willsummon wrote: »
    Q3 is fine. That is the miss of summer. It gives people enough time to update their computers as needed.

Such as, I am working on saving for a high end 4080 RTX graphics card.

Not updating my rig until launch. I'm predicting 18-24 months of A2.
  • Options
    ah ok ;3

Thanks for sharing.

you hate the rich but i bet you wanna be rich :3

Fun is important.