Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Necromancer

FinovFinov Member
edited February 22 in General Discussion
Developers. Please make the necromancer's magic green + black.
And for the pets to be skeletons, zombies and liches. We don't need any incomprehensible pieces of meat.

Comments

• Options
    Finov wrote: »
    Developers. Please make the necromancer's magic green + black.
    And for the pets to be skeletons, zombies and liches. We don't need any incomprehensible pieces of meat.

Jeah, some cool, green maybe bit turquoise Ghost-Flames/Magic.

Personally,
    i think the greatest Choice possible will be -> if (evil) Necromancers can freely choose themselves, if they want their Minions be for Example Zombies, or Skeletons.

(When my Memory serves correct, "good" Necromancers will command Spirits.)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited February 23
    Green/black is ok, but isnt it so WoW and GW2?

Black, Purple, Green?
    Red?

Anyway idk
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 23
    A nice sickly yellow would be cool too.

• Options
    Just not red and not yellow)), but purple is already boring)
  • Options
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Green/black is ok, but isnt it so WoW and GW2?

Black, Purple, Green?
    Red?

Anyway idk

Similar or same like in WoW, dear Intrepid could add something like "Glyphs/Cosmetics" so that one could change the "Color" of the undead Magic of the Necromancer into some Colors befitting unholy Might.

Nothing holy or divine looking like Gold, Yellow, Silver or White,

just something that looks or seems dark and mysterious. Just IMAGINE what for Freedom for Customisation in Lore and Roleplay that would add for the Player who chooses to play a Necromancer. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I think black fire with scarlet red tips.
  • Options
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    I think black fire with scarlet red tips.

It's better for a warlock.
  • Options
    I definitely prefer green aesthetics for necromancers, and skeletons are my favorite flavor of undead, but i dont mind zombies either.
  • Options
    kanersenkanersen Member
    edited February 28
    I have a feeling that Ashes missed the boat not making Necromancers' class kit; Cleric/Summoner instead of Summoner/Cleric.

In a game with only 1 dedicated archetype main healer, I feel having this very popular class fantasy would have contributed to noticeably more Cleric's in the world.
  • Options
    Imagine You are a "Necromancer" who either owns a Freehold or is working there together with the Owner,

raising a lot of Plants, Crops, "Flowers" (?) which is most likely seen as very unusual for a Necromancer.
    I would like to have " UNDEAD Servants " there, who farm Roses and other Flowers for me. :D

A.) For the Lulz

B.) Economy/Profit

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could "design" (change) NPC Servants/Employees on our Freeholds, to represent and display the Look of the Freehold as we desire ?

f2ytfqy33kjf.jpg
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Imagine You are a "Necromancer" who either owns a Freehold or is working there together with the Owner,

raising a lot of Plants, Crops, "Flowers" (?) which is most likely seen as very unusual for a Necromancer.
    I would like to have " UNDEAD Servants " there, who farm Roses and other Flowers for me. :D

A.) For the Lulz

B.) Economy/Profit

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could "design" (change) NPC Servants/Employees on our Freeholds, to represent and display the Look of the Freehold as we desire ?

I would definitely put this super useful skeleton like in the tower of Xardas
    qvb8ym4lg1fl.png
  • Options
    willsummonwillsummon Member
    edited February 29
    kanersen wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Ashes missed the boat not making Necromancers' class kit; Cleric/Summoner instead of Summoner/Cleric.

In a game with only 1 dedicated archetype main healer, I feel having this very popular class fantasy would have contributed to noticeably more Cleric's in the world.
    Necromancers are not really the healing type. Some support, but not a main healer.

Shaman on the other hand are really known in fantasy to be good healers.

For the main topic. I found blue magical spells coming from the hands, with a royal blue backdrop for the interior of the clothing and glowing eyes, would make nice combination for the Necromancer.

• Options
    NightmarelolNightmarelol Member
    edited February 29
    Necromancers should always be Green or atleast Fluro Green (picture green power like in Loki)
    It’s been like this since the dawn of the time for Necros.

Don’t fix something that’s not broken
    j2p8mdmovgu9.jpg
  • Options
    sjeil32vo3w8.jpeg
    Even something along the lines of this cool look I’d be happy with ☠️
    j2p8mdmovgu9.jpg
  • Options
    Necromancers should always be Green or atleast Fluro Green (picture green power like in Loki)

not always. black and red is fine too, or purple
  • Options
    edited February 29
    Intrepid should break the mould here. Green is over-done. Let's get some new colors in the mix.

vbPi3K8.jpeg
    GstLGWO.jpeg
  • Options
    Nerror, until I saw those pictures you posted above, I do not realize pink is a viable color for a serious horror motif.

Good job.
  • Options
    Seems that Necromancer Barbie also enjoys purple as a colour:

necromancer-barbie.jpg
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    FinovFinov Member
    edited February 29
    willsummon wrote: »
    kanersen wrote: »

Necromancers are not really the healing type. Some support, but not a main healer.

Shaman on the other hand are really known in fantasy to be good healers.

For the main topic. I found blue magical spells coming from the hands, with a royal blue backdrop for the interior of the clothing and glowing eyes, would make nice combination for the Necromancer.

I am against the color blue.
    Can you imagine if there were blue necrons in warhammer 40k? What will Warhammer 40k fans say to this. It's terrible!
    Necromancy should be green!!!

cjng30dl0u3w.jpg
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

not always. black and red is fine too, or purple

Black and green are possible, yes. Purple is more for dark or shadow magic. Red for blood magic. But not for necrotic.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    Intrepid should break the mould here. Green is over-done. Let's get some new colors in the mix.

That's exactly why I created this theme. Because we are tired of new mixes. We really missed the classics. This is how it should be. Read Aszkalon posts on this topic. The man directly described all my thoughts about what was once beautifully done and spoiled by attempts to do something new. We don't need any pattern breaks! This theme was created in order to bring back the classics that everyone wants so much and that everyone misses so much. As it was in Diablo 2 and Heroes 3 and Heroes 5.

• Options
    xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

vbPi3K8.jpeg
    GstLGWO.jpeg

Pink pallet is the only way I'm playing a necro now. Give me sparkles too please.
  • Options

Pink pallet is the only way I'm playing a necro now. Give me sparkles too please.

There will still be classes such as Shadow Lord, Warlock, Shadow Guardian, Shadowmancer, Nightshield, ShadowCaster, Shadowblade.

Most likely, this color will suit them.
  • Options
    edited February 29

That's exactly why I created this theme. Because we are tired of new mixes. We really missed the classics. This is how it should be. Read Aszkalon posts on this topic. The man directly described all my thoughts about what was once beautifully done and spoiled by attempts to do something new. We don't need any pattern breaks! This theme was created in order to bring back the classics that everyone wants so much and that everyone misses so much. As it was in Diablo 2 and Heroes 3 and Heroes 5.

I don't really have strong feelings about this topic either way, but, I need to ask, what new mixes? How many games over the last several years with necromancers in them don't have the traditional color schemes, versus those with?
  • Options
    FinovFinov Member
    edited February 29

I don't really have strong feelings about this topic either way, but, I need to ask, what new mixes? How many games over the last several years with necromancers in them don't have the traditional color schemes, versus those with?

Of course, all these colors are present in necromancers. But most of all, I love it when the color of the necromancer's magic is green. That's why I created this theme. Regarding the new mixes: Recently, it has become very common to add not a magician but a warrior with necromancy. It's clear that everyone wants to do something of their own. But that's not the point. The last time I played for the classic necromancer was 2015-16 in the game gw2. And then they brought in a reaper with a two-handed sword. Since that update, the necromancer with pets has been unplayable.
  • Options
    We don't need any incomprehensible pieces of meat.

God yes this, please!! I hate playing necromancer or undead lord or any type of character like that and you summon a blob of meat with 1 or 2 bones poking out as my pet or attack creature. There are so many types of undead from tabletop games, card games, video games, books, and more that you can use besides a BLOB OF MEAT
  • Options
    Zygsy wrote: »

God yes this, please!! I hate playing necromancer or undead lord or any type of character like that and you summon a blob of meat with 1 or 2 bones poking out as my pet or attack creature. There are so many types of undead from tabletop games, card games, video games, books, and more that you can use besides a BLOB OF MEAT

I heard that the shop will add an appearance for pets.
  • Options
    FinovFinov Member
    edited February 29
    Zygsy wrote: »

I heard that the shop will add an appearance for pets.

So I think there will be a variety for each class.
  • Options
    I am against the color blue.
    Can you imagine if there were blue necrons in warhammer 40k? What will Warhammer 40k fans say to this. It's terrible!

cjng30dl0u3w.jpg
    I found the Blue and White color combination for the Lich King and Undead of Icecrown in WoW to be fantastic.

• Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member

It is also green in V Rising.

And was kinda greenish and beautifully dark in Heroes of Might and Magic Three. One of the first Games which did a majestic Job in designing an undead Faction. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png