Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Been about 4 months now!

Keep receiving emails. Keep seeing people give feedback. Yet myself or any of my friends have not received an alpha invite, or even an update if we are to ever get one. What's the point of testing an MMO when there are only 10 people playing it?

Comments

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 16
    the time it took you to write that you could have just googled "ashes of creation alpha" to figure it out

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bugfixing?

It's not exactly clear what position you're in, but, just in case you're in the 'sensible' one (have purchased Alpha-2 access or even Alpha-1 and are wondering why you are not being invited to spot-test), they're preparing for Alpha-2, but onboarding spot-testers takes a while sometimes, so they might prefer to stick with who they have already, for now.

At most, you have 6 more months to wait, according to their estimates, but in the meantime, if your main question is 'why are they spot testing with so relatively few people that no one from my group got in', bugfixes can take a lot of focus.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    OgKronin wrote: »
    Keep receiving emails. Keep seeing people give feedback. Yet myself or any of my friends have not received an alpha invite, or even an update if we are to ever get one. What's the point of testing an MMO when there are only 10 people playing it?

You just made an account today??? What do you mean 4 months?
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Hm… 4 months, huh?

Have you tried asking to speak to the manager?
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Your friends too. Suuuuure.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    TheHiddenDaggerInnTheHiddenDaggerInn Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Get in line, Alpha one testers have been waiting for AGES! Worst case like they said above we will get in 6 months from now. It is what it is.
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst And
    Wednesday's at 7:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • Options
    ILLPeonU wrote: »
    Get in line, Alpha one testers have been waiting for AGES! Worst case like they said above we will get in 6 months from now. It is what it is.

Well, " Six " Months would mean a bit more Live-Stream Presenations 😁 since one of my favourite Games,
    V Rising, is getting it's "final"(actual) Release in May 8th, the Time will feel a little bit shorter.

Until then, i will play the Hell out of Enshrouded. 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Interesting, a lot of us have been waiting since Kickstarter happened. Have a seat and wait patiently like the rest of us.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited March 16
    Interesting, a lot of us have been waiting since Kickstarter happened. Have a seat and wait patiently like the rest of us.

I am well aware - even since 2017 and 2018 and the Like -> of " why " i never really made a Connection to Ashes of Creation,

why i had "forcefully" to pull my Focus away from it,
    only because i know of VideoGames who actually manage to be good taking an Eternity to come out since about 2015, (lol)

and because i - ( and i HATE that my gutfeeling is always right about things like this ) - knew it is going to be an MMO : and if it is really supposed to be good, it will still take a felt Eternity to come out.

Back then, i had no Idea it would indeed take this long. Now i am aware what i wrote could easily be interpreted as a little bit assy,

but hands down - was i right or was i right ? I am amazed by People like You, Bloodprophet - who apparently waited more or less eagerly for Six whole Years and maybe even above.

With You being still active here in the Forum. Without despairing. Without having suffered LOOOOOOTS of Frustration, like a few others i saw here giving their Minds in the last, few Months. ;)

Please forgive me for singing my own praises *gg* , but i think i am just the right Mix between egoistical, selfish Person - and Person who allows itself to get drawn into the Hype - just when i thought the Time was right.

And the Time was right -> around last September in 2023. 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wait what, all you A2 testers aren't in yet? That's crazy! I am playing the game right now.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    4 months. Cute.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aszkalon wrote: »

I am well aware - even since 2017 and 2018 and the Like -> of " why " i never really made a Connection to Ashes of Creation,

why i had "forcefully" to pull my Focus away from it,
    only because i know of VideoGames who actually manage to be good taking an Eternity to come out since about 2015, (lol)

and because i - ( and i HATE that my gutfeeling is always right about things like this ) - knew it is going to be an MMO : and if it is really supposed to be good, it will still take a felt Eternity to come out.

Back then, i had no Idea it would indeed take this long. Now i am aware what i wrote could easily be interpreted as a little bit assy,

but hands down - was i right or was i right ? I am amazed by People like You, Bloodprophet - who apparently waited more or less eagerly for Six whole Years and maybe even above.

With You being still active here in the Forum. Without despairing. Without having suffered LOOOOOOTS of Frustration, like a few others i saw here giving their Minds in the last, few Months. ;)

Please forgive me for singing my own praises *gg* , but i think i am just the right Mix between egoistical, selfish Person - and Person who allows itself to get drawn into the Hype - just when i thought the Time was right.

And the Time was right -> around last September in 2023. 😁

There is not shortage of these kinds of threads over the years.
    Several of them talk about how long it take to make MMO's. I realized very early on that 7-10 years was a real thing and accepted it.

I would rather wait patiently for them to get it right rather then bounce foot to foot screaming hurry up.
    This is a big problem with open development. Most people have no idea what it takes to build an MMO and think it is a weekend project a couple of nerds can just bang out real quick.

IF alpha 2 came out next weekend we are still a year from launch at least.

Last part.
    Alpha 2 is a testing phase NOT early release. We will be testing things they want to test not just running around doing our own thing. It will start feature incomplete and get better as time goes on. There Will be game breaking bugs. There will be wipes and you'll have to start all over. All these kinds of threads do is reinforce my beliefs that many have no idea what they are signing up for.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Last part.
    Alpha 2 is a testing phase NOT early release. We will be testing things they want to test not just running around doing our own thing. It will start feature incomplete and get better as time goes on. There Will be game breaking bugs. There will be wipes and you'll have to start all over. All these kinds of threads do is reinforce my beliefs that many have no idea what they are signing up for.

Exactly.

Right now i imagine Alpha Two as an insane Workaholic Festival. 😅

Talents wrote: »
    4 months. Cute.

I am reminded of the Statement from the "Djinn" (?) in the Wishmaster Movie, who made Fun of it when he was told be will be in Prison for a few Weeks or so. x'D after he like waited an Eternity before. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nerror wrote: »
    Wait what, all you A2 testers aren't in yet? That's crazy! I am playing the game right now.

I know right.

I didnt know there were still some A2 people not playing.
  • Options
    XeegXeeg Member
    OP is right. It's been 4 months.. WTF Intrepid invite me to alpha already!
  • Options
    FlankerFlanker Member
    OgKronin wrote: »

"They have a cave troll"
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    463vckwfr3y3.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited March 17
    Nerror wrote: »

LoL. I wonder how many People would actually believe that testing a Game in the State of Development is the same as playing. Take my Like. :D

Also if i am not mistaken, i read quite a few Times "Testers" are limited to times in which Stuff is - well - getting tested.

So i bet Alpha One Testers can not log in and "play around" with their testing Characters every Day of the Year.

And even when some People - very much to the Point of getting me a little bit intimidated - stated that the Alpha Two will last a full "YEAR" or so,
    ( which sounds like a horrifying Challenge of working as a Tester ^.^;" ) - whoever see's this as "playing the Game" as early,

has a very bold Mindset, to say it tame and to say the least. A VEEERY bold Mindset. lol
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    4 months. Son, come back in 6 years.
  • Options
    OP "It's been 4 months..." Has been on forum for 4 days...

*Looks at my profile being over 4 years old*

Le sigh...
  • Options

Le sigh...

Great Master, Please teach us your 4 Years old Ways of waiting enlightened for Ashes of Creation. 😆 . 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »

Le sigh...

Great Master, Please teach us your 4 Years old Ways of waiting enlightened for Ashes of Creation. 😆 . 😁

It's easy... Just don't think about it.