Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will my gear be lootable by other players if I die in the world?

I'm looking over some of the PvP systems on the streams and it looks like various consumables and gathered items will be lootable from players upon their death. If you have upgrades to your bags, then perhaps you've got a Samsonite lock that prevents players from getting them open to loot what's inside. But, has there been any mention of the limits of this looting? What if I'm carrying a rare weapon in my bags, will I need to make sure that it's in the appropriate slot so that it's no lootable? Will there always be a nonzero chance that said weapon could be looted, merely reduced by certain bag upgrades? And, what about the gear I'm wearing?

On a related note, will there be inventories in player housing that let me return home periodically to stash the things I have gathered or looted from NPCs in the world, which are more secure than my personal bags I travel around with? It seems that, if my node gets sieged and later my home gets ransacked, all is up for grabs.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 18
    If you died while corrupt, possibly. This is very limited, however,and you can quite literally always chose to never gain any corruption.

If you have no corruption, actual items are never at risk of dropping.

If you die at all, a portion of glint, raw materials and crafting components you have on you will be able to be looted by other players.

And to your question about storage; yes.
  • Options
    OK so not gear, not gold / currency, but raw mats. I can live with that, especially if I have a stash I can go home to.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Death_penalties

You can look through other topics on the wiki if you wanna learn more about the game.
  • Options
    Telandras wrote: »
    OK so not gear, not gold / currency, but raw mats. I can live with that, especially if I have a stash I can go home to.

I think you will have a chance to drop mats, so its not 100%. you wont drop gear unless you are red.