Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Everyone's thinking it, I'm just saying it..... Pirates!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PawketsPawkets Member

from my understanding you arent supposed to know what gear people are wearing other than the armour type / weapon type, yea you can visually identify a non Xmogged piece of gear once you know what it is but if its a crafted piece it wont matter as it will be different from another piece of the same crafted gear.

not knowing the strength of someones armour and weapons makes it alot better as then if you are gonna attack someone you only know what lvl and armour type they got on but not how strong it could be and makes you rely on your skill more

[/quote]

The only experience I have with this would be early wow, and after xmog wow. I feel like I disagree because armor identification is a skill. Knowing the difference in t3 and pvp gear takes skill. Knowing the armor difference and sta difference on the pvp set, or seeing someone in pure pve set will put out high burst dmg. However, I could see in Ashes as its PvX all armor sets will be stat'd more towards PVP potential. My issue is someone can xmog like an absolute lowbie scrub, with amazing gear on and people have no clue what they are about to face. Visuals are important to determining risk and reward.
  • Options
    BlipBlip Member
    edited March 20
    Forgive me for hijacking this thread a bit, but what is known about Open sea and underwater content?
  • Options
    Blip wrote: »
    Forgive me for hijacking this thread a bit, but what is known about Open sea and underwater content?

Apparently there will be " World Bosses " in the Oceans that Players can fight with Ships.
    Like a huge, gigantic - and astonishingly ugly Fish Boss (lol) that makes the Megalodon from Sea of Thieves look almost like a beauty Queen.

Underwater Content ? Ohhh boooiiii 😁 i know nothing about what Sir Steven and his Crew have planned, but i know Ashes of Creation could EEAASILY re-create something like the Gungan-City from the first Star Wars Movie that played in the Past Trilogy in how Obi-Wan and Anakin met.

Let us pray the Content does not take "to wild" a form. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    I played as a pirate for a while in archeage, it was fun but there was more punishment than rewards for being a pirate and looking the state of ashes I don't think they would do different if people can ever choose to be a pirate ingame... But I really hope we get some pirate gameplay and that is rewarding somehow for the players to be pirates
  • Options
    PawketsPawkets Member
    Blip wrote: »

Hi-jack... ;) (attempt at a dad joke)

... As much as you like. I posted this for what I hope the naval could be. We have seen mounts on stream as well as what was said by Askalon has said. From what I've heard from people who probably know more than me- is AoC naval will probably be strongly resembling of Archeage naval or like Assassin's Creed black flag.

However, it is my hope that its not simply the vehicle for character to ride on but that have actual responsibilities in maintaining and functioning the craft. And the thread is started for people to put in their 2 cents for what they would like to see the naval to be. I would like to see the underwater city as well-- however, I feel that with the underrealm and the rest of the world this isn't going to be anything that comes in the initial game. But would be cool for sure!
  • Options
    PawketsPawkets Member
    Trickster wrote: »
    I played as a pirate for a while in archeage, it was fun but there was more punishment than rewards for being a pirate and looking the state of ashes I don't think they would do different if people can ever choose to be a pirate ingame... But I really hope we get some pirate gameplay and that is rewarding somehow for the players to be pirates

How was it punishing? What would you make as a change to the naval? Definitely would like to hear others opinions on this and the best I was able to do was watch gameplay of AA's water combat.
  • Options
    Psycho-PhobicPsycho-Phobic Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pawkets wrote: »
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Saabynator wrote: »
    I could imagine getting a good ship, a good crew, and just raiding ships, would be fun as fuck

Just imagine having a Ship like this one,
    or maybe several or like Ten or so - and then terrorising the Open Sea's of the World of Verra with like +10 to +100 Guild Members as a fearsome Fleet of Pirates.

ps6h4dzva2b2.jpg

Wouldn't this be absolutely cuckoo and rad ??

I imagine that ship on a sunny day. The one thing I worry about is how cosmetics will hide skill/ability. Same sort of thing with transmog in wow. In classic you can have a farmers outfit to RP in but they mostly consist of whites and gray gear that aren't very valuable stat wise. However, in retail with xmog you can look like a farmer but wearing absolute BIS gear. In a game like Ashes we will need to identify others to assess the threat, and I am concerned with all the cosmetics interfering with that.

from my understanding you arent supposed to know what gear people are wearing other than the armour type / weapon type, yea you can visually identify a non Xmogged piece of gear once you know what it is but if its a crafted piece it wont matter as it will be different from another piece of the same crafted gear.

not knowing the strength of someones armour and weapons makes it alot better as then if you are gonna attack someone you only know what lvl and armour type they got on but not how strong it could be and makes you rely on your skill more

Last I remember, Steven said that everyone will have a type of visible icon to others, similar to a buff, that others could identify as Light/Medium/Heavy armor. We won't know the exact gear they have if they are using skins, but we will have an idea of what type of role they are playing based on the category of armor.
    "Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions."
    Join the mercenary guild [Suspect]: https://discord.gg/cjhXVKUAS7
    rf4nidmz2cxl.png
  • Options
    Psycho-PhobicPsycho-Phobic Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pawkets wrote: »
    Trickster wrote: »

How was it punishing? What would you make as a change to the naval? Definitely would like to hear others opinions on this and the best I was able to do was watch gameplay of AA's water combat.

If you PKed, it would leave blood stains behind for others to report. They were harder to spot and report in the ocean, but they were there. And if you had enough murder counts, you could get sent to trial. If convicted, you would serve out your sentence in a labor camp to work off your time. Or you could escape early without clearing your crime status and risk getting sent to trial again for even more time.

As far as we know, in Ashes, as long as you are in international waters, you can pirate all you want without punishment. But you need to be beyond the reach of any node's zone of influence.
    "Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions."
    Join the mercenary guild [Suspect]: https://discord.gg/cjhXVKUAS7
    rf4nidmz2cxl.png
  • Options
    PawketsPawkets Member
    Repairing of naval vessels with the materials by the crew members. <3