Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fighters skills excessive blood

nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
This game is supposed to be rated T for teen. The amount of blood on some of the Fighters skills is excessive along with the sound effects is a real turn off. I hope there is a toggle to turn it off like Elden Ring did. Or pls just tone it down.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    As if teens never seen blood.
    56dye3b4rrsq.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think Germany recently became less strict about showing red blood, but there could be other countries with certain restrictions like that. I don't mind settings for showing less blood, but if the main skill effect is a blood explosion like it was shown in the fighter stream, it might become an issue I suppose. But only for that player.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 31
    well, from your post history, you dont want spiders in the game due to arachnophobia, you dont want religions because of your IRL faith, you dont want blood vfx, whats next remove PvP because killing is wrong? come one man, its a video game...

I'd love if they had blood ground decals like Tera did tbh
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Honestly, I had the same feedback. The blood is too much, it's immersion breaking. How did you not bleed out and die after the first attack, at that rate? My requested solution is different though. It's important to keep it noticeable as an indicator of the status effect. Please make it 'mistier' and less dense without reducing its actual size. We don't need a character to drown in the ocean to understand that they're wet.
  • Options
    the blood was great and really made me want to play the fighter, which normally I would be going some form of summoner/mage. I cant wait to see how the secondary class augments the warrior, and I hope we get something like a blood knight or vampire lord sort of character. That would be cool af.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    DjeffDjeff Member
    edited April 1
    they bleed like a woman in period
  • Options
    MyosotysMyosotys Member
    Liniker wrote: »
    well, from your post history, you dont want spiders in the game due to arachnophobia, you dont want religions because of your IRL faith, you dont want blood vfx, whats next remove PvP because killing is wrong? come one man, its a video game...

I'd love if they had blood ground decals like Tera did tbh

:D
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    18 is still a teen.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is that actual blood or is that a visual component/illusion associated with the Active Skill?
    Similar to the visual component/illusion associated with the "Shield" Active Skill?
  • Options
    FlankerFlanker Member
    There was one skill that spilled too much blood, I don't remember how it's called. Felt a bit immersion breaking, so I'd probably ask to reduce it a bit
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Rupture?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah when they moved with the Rupture debuff on them. They lost roughly 3 liters a second.
  • Options
    Tahiti02Tahiti02 Member
    May we suggest Minecraft? Seems more up your alley.

But not to be condescending, this is a game about war. If you can't handle blood, then maybe its not for you.
  • Options
    I do not want the game to be censored or toned down. The presence of a reasonable amount of grit and horror is one of the things that made me pay attention to Ashes of Creation in the first place.

• Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I didn't have a problem with it.
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • Options
    catibriecatibrie Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    SongRune wrote: »
    Honestly, I had the same feedback. The blood is too much, it's immersion breaking. How did you not bleed out and die after the first attack, at that rate? My requested solution is different though. It's important to keep it noticeable as an indicator of the status effect. Please make it 'mistier' and less dense without reducing its actual size. We don't need a character to drown in the ocean to understand that they're wet.

For sure, the wetness is does not help at all.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Hard disagree. But I tend to be a fan of realistic violence in games. Witcher 3 and RDR2 depicted bleeds really well, impacting the environment.

Most modern games add a blood/gore toggle though - I’d rather them add that setting than reduce the impact of a bleed spec to little pink flashes of blood emoji sad faces.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Hard disagree. But I tend to be a fan of realistic violence in games. Witcher 3 and RDR2 depicted bleeds really well, impacting the environment.

Most modern games add a blood/gore toggle though - I’d rather them add that setting than reduce the impact of a bleed spec to little pink flashes of blood emoji sad faces.

I would be thrilled for a toggle. I do have a question, do you really think that was a realistic amount of blood? Seemed to me like there was enough blood shown for at least a dozen slayings =-D
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »

I would be thrilled for a toggle. I do have a question, do you really think that was a realistic amount of blood? Seemed to me like there was enough blood shown for at least a dozen slayings =-D

No. But, I wasn’t saying Ashes was realistic, just stating my preference as depicted in other games.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png