Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thank you, Intrepid!

CROW3CROW3 Member
edited April 30 in General Discussion
The darker nights look fantastic. Really accentuates the night sky, stars, exploding planetoids, etc. It gave me warmfuzzies to hear the devs respond directly to requests from us on the overall nighttime ambience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSBNQ8VjTo

Going to make ambushes that much more fun to coordinate and pull off. >:)

This has been a hope going back quite a ways - so thank you!

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/46512/a-light-in-the-dark#latest
AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png

Comments

• Options
    I like how they indeed found a good and solid Middleground.

" It will be to dark muh muh muh "

" You will see Names/Name-Plates in the Blackness muh'muh'muh "

" You won't see anything muhmuhmuhmuhmuuuuhhh- "

And what has happened ? ;)
    Exactly what i guessed will happen. They found a good and nice Middleground and all that yapping and fearmongering Negativity was in vain.

" Again " . ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Was an awesome update. Loved the darkness in EQ1. Ogre jungles at night used to terrify me. Also the Mage is looking scary. Really hope May update shows off a class we have not seen yet, like the Bard or the Summoner.
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    cleric with wand op confirmed. ;3

anyways I wanna see the bard, or the 2ndary archetype augments, ughhh
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    I thought all the lightning effects in particular look insaaaaanely good, well impressed.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    cleric with wand op confirmed. ; 3

I think if People haven't catched on by now - > this might be the biggest "thing" that will care for a lot of "OOPS!!" or "AHA"-Moments in the next Months.

- > All Classes can use all Weapons, apparently.

You can see Clerics run around with Two Swords or Two Battle-Axes -> and you can see Warrior's using Wands and Staffs. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    XeegXeeg Member
    Was a bit disappointed with how short it was but there's massive improvement and honestly magic looks fantastic at night. The ball lightning looks a lot better... I just hate that spell, but I can't deny that at least it looks 10x better than before.

I thought it kinda sucked too. Until I noticed that it seems to move about the same speed as the mobs. Steven ALMOST pulled off the right mechanic with it.

When the mob is in melee range, cast ball lightning and teleport through it, causing the mob to path through the ball lightning the entire time it chases you after the teleport.

;)
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »
    cleric with wand op confirmed. ; 3

I think if People haven't catched on by now - > this might be the biggest "thing" that will care for a lot of "OOPS!!" or "AHA"-Moments in the next Months.

- > All Classes can use all Weapons, apparently.

You can see Clerics run around with Two Swords or Two Battle-Axes -> and you can see Warrior's using Wands and Staffs. :D

yeah but imma just play cleric/cleric or cleric/whatever gives me infinite mana maybe bard, and auto attack people to death in 1v1 while I'm doing stuff out there. i can heal, they cant :D
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Was a bit disappointed with how short it was but there's massive improvement and honestly magic looks fantastic at night. The ball lightning looks a lot better... I just hate that spell, but I can't deny that at least it looks 10x better than before.

There's been talk online about them not showing any other area in showcases other than The Riverlands. And I don't think the desert area is completely finished, so they showed a snippet of it, hence the short showcase.

If you looked closely in the distance, there doesn't seem to be much or anything beyond the rocks surrounding that area. This small area could've been built specifically just to show off wand gameplay.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    I don't think the desert area is completely finished, so they showed a snippet of it, hence the short showcase.

If you looked closely in the distance, there doesn't seem to be much or anything beyond the rocks surrounding that area. This small area could've been built specifically just to show off wand gameplay.

You could say the Footage with the Wand was ... ... ... ... ... ... ... "magical" ... ... ... ... ... ... ;) . :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I was intrigued by how much engineering they put into the lighting levels of spell effects based on the time of day.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png