Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Random Thoughts about Today's Stream

Multiple comments made during today's livestream about how long A2 will last, that many many features and fixes will be brought online during A2, and that they have extensive requirements for A2 to be finalized.

Of course none of this was a surprise, or even new info. But I'm sure many many people are feeling very relieved that they bought into A2. And honestly, $250 for 12-18 months (guess) of A2 access is well worth it.

Other than that, what an amazing stream. So good. I loved the mage updates, the wand and the lighting. I can't wait to see the desert during the day.

And the tech to allow the night sky to move around the planet (so to speak) like a real celestial system...that is exquisite. I cannot over-emphasize this. It's just a beautiful touch that truly demonstrates the passion and dedication Steven has for this game. This level of detail and passion is what will make Ashes of Creation an absolute masterpiece that will be the best MMO of all time, past, present or future. Mark it. Just imagine all of the other big and small details that are sure to permeate this game, things we know nothing about.

At this point I want to see the secondary augment system major bigly huge. That's for sure the single most important and biggest reveal we still need to see. Yes, bard, rogue, naval, are all big things. But secondary augment system is bigger, by far.

Well done Intrepid. Well effing done.

Comments

• Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    did steven say how long a2 will last?
    i knew it would be around a year! predicted!!!!!!
  • Options
    TacquitoTacquito Member
    edited May 1
    Depraved wrote: »

No, they didn't put a timeframe on it, sorry if my comments made it sound like that. Steven and Margaret just made comments alluding to the fact that it would be long and extensive. I don't recall the exact wording. I am guessing it will be 12-18 months.

EDIT:
    I went back and found the discussion I was referencing. Mark 01:13:35 in the twitch video:

Steven: "A2 is a long-going testing period where we are going to have significant updates to the game and to the content that's playable over the course of A2. ... we have our list of updates that we want to release, which is Alpha 2.1, and Alpha 2.2, and Alpha 2.3..."

Margaret: "The goal is to get to our exit criteria."

Steven: "The exit criteria is very big."

Margaret: "It will be a loong testing period that we will have you guys be part of"
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited May 1
    Tacquito wrote: »
    At this point I want to see the secondary augment system major bigly huge. That's for sure the single most important and biggest reveal we still need to see. Yes, bard, rogue, naval, are all big things. But secondary augment system is bigger, by far.

Is it worth even considering showing the Augment system before all your Archetypes are designed? I mean, you're not going to know what you're augmenting with. Makes a lot more sense to get all the base Archetypes fleshed out before you go live with the Augment system.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    TryolTryol Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is no way A2 is less than 2 years, more likely 3.
    Not because of the systems, but because of all the content they need to make.
    Beta 1 and 2 will be very short, so at the end of A2 the game has to be not only feature, but also content-complete.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Depraved wrote: »

Some People only like : " Y~aaayyyy !!! One Year of free Playtime. "

Others only like :

" You fear to go into these Tests ... ... ... ... the Developers programmed too passionate and to deep ... ... ~

~ you know what they awoke in the darkness of the Game's Code ... ... ... ... ... bugs - and glitches ... ... "

Me only like : * inner Thoughts intensify *

If that is what it takes - than that is what it takes.
    While i am very excited that the Testphase of Alpha Two draws closer and closer - a Game which i am looking forward to like i did back then with WoW itself,

of Course i want to keep it professional and my inner Critic is constantly wrestling with my inner Playchild that try's to whisper into my Ear to just aim for fun alone. " Hush, Child. Wait until the Testphase is over. "
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, there will also be periods where what they need is for you to play exactly as if you're having fun and playing normally, so you just get to enjoy those periods.

You could 'take it super seriously' and keep them informed of minutiae during those times too, but probably won't be as vital.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Azherae wrote: »
    Well, there will also be periods where what they need is for you to play exactly as if you're having fun and playing normally, so you just get to enjoy those periods.

You could 'take it super seriously' and keep them informed of minutiae during those times too, but probably won't be as vital.

Most likely going along with everyone else's Gameplay - > and give my best to report all possible Bugs and Glitches which interest the Developers.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Tryol wrote: »
    There is no way A2 is less than 2 years, more likely 3.
    Not because of the systems, but because of all the content they need to make.
    Beta 1 and 2 will be very short, so at the end of A2 the game has to be not only feature, but also content-complete.

You aren't going to get to do all content in A2 that is not the point of it lol.