Cut-Off Date for Upgrades to Kickstarter Packages?

HasilHasil Member, Settler, Kickstarter
I still have not pulled the trigger on upgrading my Kickstarter package to a level that gets me A2 access. I am closer, though (Great updates keep coming. . .)!

Do we have a date where upgrades will no longer be possible to gain A2 access? I asked this a few months ago and the answers was that there was no cut-off for upgrades, is that still the case?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hasil wrote: »
    I still have not pulled the trigger on upgrading my Kickstarter package to a level that gets me A2 access. I am closer, though (Great updates keep coming. . .)!

Do we have a date where upgrades will no longer be possible to gain A2 access? I asked this a few months ago and the answers was that there was no cut-off for upgrades, is that still the case?

Thanks!

There's still no word of a cut off for upgrades. Just that there'll be some warning when that happens.
    Twilight is nigh the inferno shall rise. Fall in line, your soul is mine.
    9u9aa7k6gdsu.gif
  • HasilHasil Member, Settler, Kickstarter
    Resurrecting this thread to see if I have missed anything. Has anyone seen anything posted about a cut-off date for Kickstarter backers to upgrade to a package allowing A2 access?
  • Hasil wrote: »
    Resurrecting this thread to see if I have missed anything. Has anyone seen anything posted about a cut-off date for Kickstarter backers to upgrade to a package allowing A2 access?

Haven’t heard a peep on this … so you’ve still got time despite the A2 date rapidly approaching, Hasil.
    Thanks!
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If Alpha 2 is anything like Alpha 1 I wouldn't spend any money, that was nothing more than a carrot on a stick
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    We haven't shared any updates regarding KS package upgrades at this time, but be sure to stay tuned to our socials for any potential updates!

https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033777814-How-can-I-keep-up-with-the-latest-news
    community_management.gif
  • DepravedDepraved Member
    Apok wrote: »
    If Alpha 2 is anything like Alpha 1 I wouldn't spend any money, that was nothing more than a carrot on a stick

its a persistent server until launch...pretty sure its gonna last for a year or more, so after a few months, you are basically playing for free.
  • Depraved wrote: »
    Apok wrote: »

its a persistent server until launch...pretty sure its gonna last for a year or more, so after a few months, you are basically playing for free.

Good point … just don’t forget the part about there being frequent character wipes.
  • VeritusVeritus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 15
    If I remember correctly, they stated KS packages will be available for upgrade until release. Don't quote me on that though.

That being said, dropping the money for the $500 total package (Braver of Worlds) is the most bang for your buck - unless you plan on being a guild leader. The lifetime sub alone pays for the Braver of Worlds package cost if you play AoC for about 2 years and 7 months ($15/month subscription). And that's not even taking into consideration the persistent A2 access, B1 and B2 access, and other stuff from the Braver of Worlds and lesser packages.
    chx8mxn5pu3a.png
    Vaknar wrote: »
    We haven't shared any updates regarding KS package upgrades at this time, but be sure to stay tuned to our socials for any potential updates!

https://support.ashesofcreation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033777814-How-can-I-keep-up-with-the-latest-news

Please post here, too, with the announcement! I don't do the social media thing but I do check in here :)
    Veritus wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, they stated KS packages will be available for upgrade until release. Don't quote me on that though.

That being said, dropping the money for the $500 total package (Braver of Worlds) is the most bang for your buck - unless you plan on being a guild leader. The lifetime sub alone pays for the Braver of Worlds package cost if you play AoC for about 2 years and 7 months ($15/month subscription). And that's not even taking into consideration the persistent A2 access, B1 and B2 access, and other stuff from the Braver of Worlds and lesser packages.

Hopefully they keep in the opportunity to upgrade packages. I would not drop that much on the game now, but if A2 goes well and I feel like I (and the others I play with) would stick with the game for years, I would absolutely consider it :)
  • VeritusVeritus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hasil wrote: »
    Veritus wrote: »

Hopefully they keep in the opportunity to upgrade packages. I would not drop that much on the game now, but if A2 goes well and I feel like I (and the others I play with) would stick with the game for years, I would absolutely consider it :)

Yeah, I feel you. I've been upgrading packages slowly since 2017. I originally only entered the KS at $20 (summer special for the $25 package) and just upgraded once or a few times a year since then. I stopped at Braver of Worlds since the next upgrade (an additional $500 for $1,000 total) is more guild leader oriented with a guildhall appearance and guild-themed cloaks and barding. And the rest of that package, and the packages above it, just aren't worth it for me. The Phoenix Initiative would be sweet, but it's difficult for me, with my financial situation, to justify $2,500 for it lol.
    chx8mxn5pu3a.png