Has it been said whether they will add macros?

I know addons/mods are not going to be a thing but will macros similar to what wow has built into the base game being considered? They are so useful for reducing how many buttons you need.

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The only comment Steven has made in regards to macros is that if they allow them, it will lower their ability to identify and ban botters and such.

I wouldn't expect to see any built in to the game itself, and I also wouldn't expect to see them be allowed.
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Also macros tend to increase your number of buttons :p
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Macros are always a thing with the right hardware and know how.

I am just curious to see if intrepid has a way of preventing them?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • FaimithFaimith Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    The only comment Steven has made in regards to macros is that if they allow them, it will lower their ability to identify and ban botters and such.

I wouldn't expect to see any built in to the game itself, and I also wouldn't expect to see them be allowed.

Like @Noaani already stated, everything we know comes down to the statement from Steven. You can find more info here:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Security_systems#Macros
    a7wdhhu32156.jpg
  • MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If there is a way to limit the number of commands in a macro then it would be a nice QoL item to have for generic scenarios - Need to make an announcement in raid reminding everyone of their assignments? Rather than having to laboriously type it in by hand, have a text only macro system available for a one-button to remind them all.
    For mouse-over actions (attack, target, buff, dispel, etc., depending on the qualifier key press) a very limited function would be welcome.
    If macros cannot be limited in scope then for the sake of the game we'll just have to blame the bad actors.
    owuEH4S.png
  • LetterzLetterz Member
    I mean you can already do with your mouse and keyboard, so unless they expressly ban ([ACTIONS X]timeframe) type of things macros will be in. IMHO
    Letterz wrote: »
    I mean you can already do with your mouse and keyboard, so unless they expressly ban ([ACTIONS X]timeframe) type of things macros will be in. IMHO

The intention is indeed to ban these when detected.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

So what do you think they would do if I had a hardware level macro that introduced a random millisecond delay between each step to mimic the lack of precision humans have?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • P0GG0P0GG0 Member
    macros are part of gaming whether we like it or not.
    edited July 12
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

So what do you think they would do if I had a hardware level macro that introduced a random millisecond delay between each step to mimic the lack of precision humans have?

If they can detect it, they would ban you - as stated above.

If they can not detect you, they can't ban you.

This is the exact same argument I have been making for years in regards to combat trackers.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

If they can detect it, they would ban you - as stated above.

If they can not detect you, they can't ban you.

This is the exact same argument I have been making for years in regards to combat trackers.

Same applies for cheats. Wish they would develop a cheat for AShes for inifnite gold