Will there be environmental hazards?

Is Intrepid cooking up enviromental hazards? I am not talking traps, enviromental hazards is when the whole area or chamber is deadly.
  • The level of lava is rising and everybody dies
  • The air has toxic fumes and everybody is losing health non-stop and dies
  • There’s intense wind and people may fall into a pit and die
  • Forest fires burn burn all people and mobs alive and they die
  • Acid rain, fire rain, and meteor swarms plague the area and then you die
  • The entire building is engulfed in flames then you die
  • The roof is lined with spikes that slowly descend, crushing and impaling everyone and everybody dies
  • You are pushed off ledges and bridges, falling into monster pits or water where you die

etc
PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments

• I'd love some unpredictable natural or maybe unnatural disasters. Taking damage, impact on nodes, mobs and the environment in general, okay, but not dying because of it.
  • OtrOtr Member

Wiki quote 1
    - Water turning to ice in winter, enabling players to walk over the water but blocking access to what is underneath.[4]
    Ice will make roads bumpy and slippery.[13]

- Seasonal flooding is something the developers are talking about internally, but will not be present in Alpha-2.
    [14]

I hope people will get trapped under the ice when it freezes! :)

Wiki quote 2
    We have many biomes in Ashes of Creation, but one of the things we're playing with that ties into a little bit maybe of the weather system- but I guess it's not just a weather system, it's like even an event system- like ash coming out of a volcano impacting the local biome with this ash material layer or whatever that exists on terrain or foliage actors and stuff like that. Just to go the next level in seeing how events change the world. Seeing how weather can change the world. So you have a lot of these concepts of these biomes and not just the biomes but but these types of natural events that occur: the lava flowing, the whatever, and how that affects the nearby area.[2] – Steven Sharif

These two I found.

Static hazards like poisonous air in rooms or in swamps can be easily added.
    Would be interesting to see affecting NPCs too which enter randomly there, maybe running away from players or chasing them.
  • I hope and wish for such things to be outside of Instances/Dungeons as well and affecting whole Landscapes/Biomes and the Nodes within them.

( Also still hoping for a gigantic Undead-kind of Event in the far Future. ) :mrgreen:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • there was some commends for 'Tornados' in one of the dev menu in one of the streams i think from last year
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg
  • The devs recently talked about lightning strikes during in-game inclement weather.
  • there was some commends for 'Tornados' in one of the dev menu in one of the streams i think from last year

thats really nice
    The devs recently talked about lightning strikes during in-game inclement weather.

thats cool too
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Two examples we have seen so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH5WeuzOhnE
    Seven minutes in we see the cleric clearing away a poison cloud. Been a while since we saw this in the archetype videos and hopefully these skills are still in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD5WKztW0S4&t=1373s
    23 minutes in we see corruption growing and taking over the world.

In the earliest videos they talked about having traps only rogue primary archetype could see and disarm.
    I am with you I would like to see dangerous world things that can kill those not paying attention and I don't want them to be static.
    Make the world dangerous not just mobs but put fear back into players that the world will kill them.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • and then you die
    My MMO PvP EXP:
    - Shaiya circa 2007-2008 - Guild Wars 2 circa 2014-2016 - ArcheAge circa 2016-2018
    - Black Desert 2019-2024 - ESO 2021-2024 - FFXIV(fake pvp)2021-2022
  • and then you die

:D
    You afk 1 min for a coffee in a good hiding place so that nobody sees you and you come back dead because of an earthquake.
  • OtrOtr Member
    Myosotys wrote: »
    and then you die

You afk 1 min for a coffee in a good hiding place so that nobody sees you and you come back dead because of an earthquake.

If you have wireless headphones you might hear the earthquake while you are coming back slowly with the full cup of hot coffee. :smile:
  • Myosotys wrote: »
    and then you die

HAHAHAHAHAHA