BETA BUCKS GOT BETA CUCKED

2»

Comments

• Traditionally pack holders can upgrade their pack, we have no idea what kind of offer the people who purchased the Beta keys have. The ones who did it during kickstarted might not even be around which is why we are not hearing anything from them. Those that are around might have already received an email with an update.
    Perhaps nothing has happened.
    However I know myself, and I would be quite annoyed if someone else was loudly claiming something like you are on my behalf. Let the people who have those keys talk and decide what they care about.
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    Traditionally pack holders can upgrade their pack, we have no idea what kind of offer the people who purchased the Beta keys have. The ones who did it during kickstarted might not even be around which is why we are not hearing anything from them. Those that are around might have already received an email with an update.
    Perhaps nothing has happened.
    However I know myself, and I would be quite annoyed if someone else was loudly claiming something like you are on my behalf. Let the people who have those keys talk and decide what they care about.

Ya and from B1 level pledge to A2 was $50 USD for me. I can still jump to A1 pledge if I like. IMO IS is being very fair to the backers. You dont need a A2 Key to play the game when it launches. $120 USD is a big leap but if your not a backer it was 250. Myself I would be more upset if I had paid at the 250 level and then seen this 120 deal lol.
  • nanfoodle wrote: »
    Myself I would be more upset if I had paid at the 250 level and then seen this 120 deal lol.

same here ... did pay the 250 and now everyone else gets in the game at the same time with me for way less money ... i still hope the game will be good, and i knew that i buy a pipedream .... but still ... getting used like this and then spit in the face bc everyone else will have the same access is really hurting .... i already see new world like qeues that i payed 250 to be in the freaking queue ....... total bs from intrepid
  • I paid the 250 to be a part of the alpha knowing what to expect, I wouldn't have bought the cosmetics given a choice.
    I'm glad the beta holders are getting a chance to upgrade, it was never going to be perfect but it was prompt.

I imagine they weren't expecting additional testers from the exiting base so may need to scale the new keys they sell.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is nothing new. Paid more for a1 access than the kick-starters. The practice is a common practice by IS which is quite heart-warming - the policies haven't changed.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Hinotori wrote: »
    There's also people like "Ludullu_(NiKr)" who fall between the cracks. But he's a niche outlier.
    I'm niche just like Ashes frfr
    q8iidfuaourr.jpg
  • SrixunSrixun Member
    This is a little excessive.

Betas still get embers, game time(more of each) and other perks. so its not really a 1:1 correlation. I can see and understand the frustration but its def apples to oranges.
  • jakanthajakantha Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I was a kickstarter backer buying Pioneer with beta access in 2017 and did upgrade it for alpha access this year, the difference I paid in upgrading was $150 and the Alpha keys are now $120.
    Was my decision worth it?-oh yeah, I get so much more than just the alpha access for $30 more than can be got just buying a key.
    I admit I am lucky in that I can buy an upgrade and many can't, I admit that the fact I can will skew my opinion, but by that logic do I think the keys are overpriced? No
    The reason, I suggest, you are not hearing so much from the likes of myself could be down to the fact we knew what we were buying into in Kickstarter and just got on with everything else life has to offer while we wait-well at least that is my reason.
  • chocolate42069chocolate42069 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    jakantha wrote: »
    I was a kickstarter backer buying Pioneer with beta access in 2017 and did upgrade it for alpha access this year, the difference I paid in upgrading was $150 and the Alpha keys are now $120.
    Was my decision worth it?-oh yeah, I get so much more than just the alpha access for $30 more than can be got just buying a key.
    I admit I am lucky in that I can buy an upgrade and many can't, I admit that the fact I can will skew my opinion, but by that logic do I think the keys are overpriced? No
    The reason, I suggest, you are not hearing so much from the likes of myself could be down to the fact we knew what we were buying into in Kickstarter and just got on with everything else life has to offer while we wait-well at least that is my reason.

I've been hearing about Kickstarter backers upgrading their packs, but I have been trying to do that for well over a year now and the option is never in the store for me and when I reach out to Intrepid's support I don't get an answer. Have I missed the window to upgrade my Settler Kickstarter package? I'm torn on buying the new wave 1 alpha pack before it sells out, but I don't want to buy it if I can still upgrade my Kickstarter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I've been hearing about Kickstarter backers upgrading their packs, but I have been trying to do that for well over a year now and the option is never in the store for me and when I reach out to Intrepid's support I don't get an answer. Have I missed the window to upgrade my Settler Kickstarter package? I'm torn on buying the new wave 1 alpha pack before it sells out, but I don't want to buy it if I can still upgrade my Kickstarter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@chocolate42069

You definitely haven't missed the window at all... when I log into the shop The options are still clearly there.

Here you can see I can upgrade for the difference in the package cost.

Weird support haven't helped you with it.

05gk4v2ki143.jpg
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • tinukedatinukeda Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Slightly off topic, but the OP here I have to give 10/10 for post creation.
    Well structured, well supported, well argued and well illustrated!
    Bravo!
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but the OP here I have to give 10/10 for post creation.
    Well structured, well supported, well argued and well illustrated!
    Bravo!

Hey thanks! You got me blushing and kicking my feet and shit.

jcjqmsez8owa.jpeg
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
    edited August 23
    Hinotori wrote: »

@chocolate42069

You definitely haven't missed the window at all... when I log into the shop The options are still clearly there.

05gk4v2ki143.jpg

I submitted a ticket because I could only see the 100-120$ Alpha 2 keys and they said my store was bugged and they fixed it, and I was able to buy the $100 Founder Package Upgrade. I'm very happy. Props to the team for letting me upgrade my Kickstarter after more than 7 years.
    edited August 23
    g3kkn0wo09d1.png

Hinotori wrote: »

@chocolate42069

05gk4v2ki143.jpg

I submitted a ticket because I could only see the 100-120$ Alpha 2 keys and they said my store was bugged and they fixed it, and I was able to buy the $100 Founder Package Upgrade. I'm very happy. Props to the team for letting me upgrade my Kickstarter after more than 7 years.

LETS GO! happy you're happy and they cleared it up for you!
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • g3kkn0wo09d1.png

so to get this straight ... you get into alpha 2 on october 25th ? with all original backers ?

so i needed to pay 250$ and you 150$ ... and we both get access at the same time ?

i feel betrayed ...
    LaZzIsFree wrote: »
    g3kkn0wo09d1.png

so to get this straight ... you get into alpha 2 on october 25th ? with all original backers ?

so i needed to pay 250$ and you 150$ ... and we both get access at the same time ?

i feel betrayed ...

@LaZzIsFree

Kickstarter packages work different. Your package comes with 30 dollars more sub time and a hundred dollars more embers than his (because NONE of the kickstarter tiers get embers.)

Kickstarters by virtue of being early get inundated with cosmetics because of the whole "AND all previous rewards!" Buff of kickstarter which gives you lower tier rewards. That (and the lifetime sub) are the perks.

There's plenty of people who've paid 1k from leader of men and 500 from braver of worlds and adventure packs who will also be joining you, who paid 250 and our friend chocolate who only paid 150 in getting access all at the same time. So don't feel bad.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • ok he did get a kickstarter pack and needed to pay 50$ on top for alpha 2 access ... i think thats fair ... not bc of that ember shit or game time ... .who cares ... he had taken more risk than me bc he backed this pipedream way earlier ... i honor that ...
    this is what is most important anyway ... thats why i hope this game will get big and good ... bc it is based on risk vs reward .... i love that .... who cares about cosmetics .. from the cashshop ... lol ... i dont ...

i thought he baught a beta pack ... and those get access at the same day afaik even though they dont need to upgrade to the 250$ pack is what i learned ... ?! maybe you can clarify
    LaZzIsFree wrote: »
    ok he did get a kickstarter pack and needed to pay 50$ on top for alpha 2 access ... i think thats fair ... not bc of that ember shit or game time ... .who cares ... he had taken more risk than me bc he backed this pipedream way earlier ... i honor that ...
    this is what is most important anyway ... thats why i hope this game will get big and good ... bc it is based on risk vs reward .... i love that .... who cares about cosmetics .. from the cashshop ... lol ... i dont ...

i thought he baught a beta pack ... and those get access at the same day afaik even though they dont need to upgrade to the 250$ pack is what i learned ... ?! maybe you can clarify

Yeah old beta packs will get access the same time you do. On october 25th.

xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • Hinotori wrote: »
    Yeah old beta packs will get access the same time you do. On october 25th.

But won't we be able to test first from like November 8th or so ? And Words fail to describe how cucked i feel, when i know MY* Archetype - Summoner -> starts in May 1th. Means i can wait juicy +8 Months from here on before i can test what i want in the Game the most. :D . :mrgreen: . :D

Where is my fxxxing Cryo-Chamber ... ... ... ... i want to put myself on Ice for like the next 9 Months. (lol)

I am a bit above HALF the waiting Time since September 2023 and the Point where i would like to be. ;)

Well i am glad and thankful already i can test somewhat before. :sunglasses: no matter how broken, laggy, disconnect-rich and wipey* the Test Experience will be at first. :sunglasses:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • A good shitpost, beta buck broken.
  • My exact face opening this thread

z13z956tzhws.gif
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif