market economy emphasis
more individualism
economic individualism
lower in group preference
less nationalism
low taxes

Economic node player OCEAN traits:
higher Openness due to a higher desire for novelty and flexibility preferences

moderate Conscientiousness due to higher productivity and discipline with less organization, less conformity, and greater flexibility

a bit higher Extraversion due to a higher reliance on socializing for economic interaction

a bit lower Agreeableness due to lower conformity, higher competition, and stronger social skills

no major correlation with Neuroticism

Any more ideas for how economic node players tend to be fellow forum hu-men?

Comments

• tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Higher than average intelligence.

Lower than average aggression.

Less likely to be a passive follower.

More likely than average to be well informed on game rules & wiki content. Higher than average age and education.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 23
    Economic node player traits:

Failed business owner inrl
    Never worked for themselves inrl

Since we are stereotyping..
    Cant wait for the religious node thread
  • XeegXeeg Member
    Chonkers wrote: »
    Economic node player policy and ethics:
    less government

Not necessarily... Good governance can set the conditions for good business, and sometimes good governance requires a bit of spending.

Denmark won Forbes Magazine "Best Countries For Business" #1 ranking for 6 years. They had a system where a competent government made it very easy to create and start a business, without many nonsense hoops to jump through. The tax system is simple and straight forward. Their universal health care system and social safety net made it a lot easier for entrepreneurs, and people with families, to take the risk and create businesses. They have strong labour market incentives (current unemployment in Denmark is 2.5%). It is easy to hire and fire employees. The average salary is $84k/yr USD. Gini Coefficient 30.0. Fairly high tax rate, average after tax is $54k/yr, but they get competent delivery of many useful services.

They are also currently rank #2 for happiest country in the world. So it looks like the high taxes thing is working out for them just fine.

It could be that economic node players would want to set the conditions for stability in their node. Perhaps they prefer solid foundations of small and reliable returns over reckless growth. They spend the money to improve the conditions of the node citizens and then those citizens are more capable of helping the node. A lot more willing, too!

When people are in a good mood they are much more healthy, pro-active, creative, cooperative, and willing to take reasonable risks. This is very powerful for an economy.

If economic node players are in it for the long haul they will have to spend money. But which investments will yield the most stable and reliable long term gains?
  • Xeeg wrote: »
    less government

Not necessarily... Good governance can set the conditions for good business, and sometimes good governance requires a bit of spending.

Denmark won Forbes Magazine "Best Countries For Business" #1 ranking for 6 years. They had a system where a competent government made it very easy to create and start a business, without many nonsense hoops to jump through. The tax system is simple and straight forward. Their universal health care system and social safety net made it a lot easier for entrepreneurs, and people with families, to take the risk and create businesses. They have strong labour market incentives (current unemployment in Denmark is 2.5%). It is easy to hire and fire employees. The average salary is $84k/yr USD. Gini Coefficient 30.0. Fairly high tax rate, average after tax is $54k/yr, but they get competent delivery of many useful services.

They are also currently rank #2 for happiest country in the world. So it looks like the high taxes thing is working out for them just fine.

It could be that economic node players would want to set the conditions for stability in their node. Perhaps they prefer solid foundations of small and reliable returns over reckless growth. They spend the money to improve the conditions of the node citizens and then those citizens are more capable of helping the node. A lot more willing, too!

When people are in a good mood they are much more healthy, pro-active, creative, cooperative, and willing to take reasonable risks. This is very powerful for an economy.

If economic node players are in it for the long haul they will have to spend money. But which investments will yield the most stable and reliable long term gains?

I guess would depend heavily on game balance involving infrastructure
    Stability investments can be very useful, especially in unstable environments caused by unrest, bad diplomacy, and war
    Diplomacy seems important for economic nodes
  • OtrOtr Member
    I see that node descriptions come from old links.
    Can happen that balancing these different node types will be difficult and maybe the difference will not end up being that big.
    I agree with the
    market economy emphasis <- from wiki
    higher rates of egoism <- consequence maybe. They'll have to group to defend their caravans like everyone...
    above average competitiveness <- from certain pov (military nodes are also competitive in a different way)

But these players might be better at negotiating and selling me their alpha potions I don't really want :)
  • OtrOtr Member
    Cant wait for the religious node
    They'll be nice people doing illegal things which you will never know as a stranger.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Otr wrote: »
    They'll be nice people doing illegal things which you will never know as a stranger.

I eddited my post to clarify
  • OtrOtr Member
    Otr wrote: »

I eddited my post to clarify
    Was clear for me.
    I was answering that thread in advance :wink:
  • Guys, who said that being religious opposes liking profiting? I am pretty sure you can find many real life examples where coin and religions are pretty much tied together, and in fact in modern times it is even worse

Stereotypes are boring, I won't even say bad I will say boring
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • OtrOtr Member
    Blame the Toulnars!
    Dwarves don't flip.
  • Chonkers wrote: »
    Economic Node Player Temperament Speculation

Religiosity: significantly below average
    Higher rates of materialism
    Higher rates of economic literacy

So in short : complete Heathens. Damn, i love them already. 🥲 . :mrgreen:

less government
    less authority
    higher rates of egoism

This can backfire badly. Imagine a Mayor who won't enforce a truly "fair" Market with a certain kind of Authority. I mean, as funny as Nepotism can be as being observed from a Node far, far away ... ... ( :mrgreen: ) ... ... as annoying can it be if one is a Node-Citizen directly suffering under it.

above average competitiveness

People/Node-Citizens must have the impression that their spend time and effort are being treated with respect by all other Node-Citizens and the Market of their Node for this, though. :kissing:

more individualism
    economic individualism
    lower in group preference
    less nationalism
    low taxes

Imagine You can decide the "Taxes" for every single Product offered and produced by the Node-Citizens, though.

You could motivate People to gather and bring in for example a single type of Ressource, Ingredient, whatever, by greatly reducing the Taxes on a particular kind of Ore, Wood, Fur, Flesh, etc.,

so that You motivate your People to bring in mostly that, over and above every other kind of Stuff they could find. ;)

Any more ideas for how economic node players tend to be fellow forum hu-men ?

Only what i already mentioned. Since the Game still takes a few Years i think, this should be no Problem to implement.

Raising or lowering Taxes should be expanded as being so flexible as a System, that You can set the Taxes for single Products in general. THEN we are talking big game about Economic Nodes - won't you think ? :smile:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)