Greetings, glorious testers!

Check out Alpha Two Announcements here to see the latest news on Alpha Two.
Check out general Announcements here to see the latest news on Ashes of Creation & Intrepid Studios.

To get the quickest updates regarding Alpha Two, connect your Discord and Intrepid accounts here.

Addressing the PvX Environment

I wanted to share my thoughts on the PvX environment, specifically regarding the concerns PvE players have about being constantly farmed or PK’ed in the open world, potentially losing hard-earned boss loot or getting wiped during an open-world or PvX zone raid.

While these risks do exist, I believe that having both PvE and PvP elements in the game—what we call PvX—is ultimately beneficial for the game's overall health. Both PvE and PvP bring their own unique advantages to the experience, and players from both sides can learn and benefit from each other’s approaches to different situations. A healthy mix of PvE and PvP players within the same environment creates dynamic encounters that keep the game interesting and rewarding.

For example, a guild made up of both PvE and PvP players would be well-rounded. If you prefer to focus solely on PvE, that’s perfectly fine, just as it’s fine to be a PvP-centric player. From my experience, many guilds use scouts to alert them when enemies are approaching, giving them a chance to react and avoid being ambushed. Information and situational awareness are key when you’re dealing with the possibility of being ganked or wiped while working on a PvE objective.

For groups that want to thrive in PvX zones, it could be beneficial to set aside a dedicated PvP group to defend them during crucial moments. Some guilds may even hire mercenary groups as part of their alliance to provide extra protection. By doing so, PvE players can focus on their objectives while knowing that their PvP allies have their back. In this way, PvX offers opportunities for collaboration and strategy that enrich the overall game experience for everyone involved.

I just wanted to clarify that I love PvP and PvX because they breed healthy competition. These elements push players to improve their skills, adapt to different strategies, and bring a dynamic, ever-changing challenge to the game. PvP adds a layer of unpredictability that keeps things exciting, while PvX zones create opportunities for both player interaction and conflict. It’s the balance of risk and reward that makes these systems so engaging and rewarding to be a part of.

In my past experiences, I've been part of gathering groups that venture out together because there's safety in numbers when collecting gathering materials. Being in a group allows for lookouts to watch for potential threats, while also giving others the chance to engage in open-world skirmishes if the opportunity presents itself. This approach not only increases the efficiency of gathering but also adds an element of excitement, as you’re prepared for both resource collection and potential PvP encounters.

Comments

• P0GG0P0GG0 Member, Alpha Two
    i sure hope they dont listen to casual players. this game is designed to be challenging.
  • ChaliuxChaliux Member
    edited September 13
    Pendragxn wrote: »
    Both PvE and PvP bring their own unique advantages to the experience, and players from both sides can learn and benefit from each other’s approaches to different situations.
    I fully agree.
    A healthy mix of PvE and PvP players within the same environment creates dynamic encounters that keep the game interesting and rewarding.
    Would guess so, yes.
    For example, a guild made up of both PvE and PvP players would be well-rounded. If you prefer to focus solely on PvE, that’s perfectly fine, just as it’s fine to be a PvP-centric player.
    Which will be ecactly what I will do and always did: Playing in a guild doing both contents and depending on time, circumstances or whatever deciding day by day what suits best. Sometimes PvE dungeons, sometimes PvP skirmishes, sometime lonewolfing around. As long as the game provides it all in a good and rewarding mix, I'll keep watching it and will start playing it at release.
    PvP adds a layer of unpredictability that keeps things exciting,
    and frustrating or annoying if wasting to much time (depending on the value of "time" for the individual player) :wink:

Good posting.
  • FlankerFlanker Member, Alpha Two
    P0GG0 wrote: »
    i sure hope they dont listen to casual players. this game is designed to be challenging.
    I wouldn't say they should ignore them as they are a signicant part of player base, but probably provide clarification on players' main concerns and explain that PvX nature of the game is an element of Risk vs Reward core pillar that is not debatable
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png